It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Israel Threating To Use Nuclear Weapons On Iran!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Perhaps you are correct.

However I would say that the issue with N. Korea is more due to China than any piece of paper.

I am in no way defending Iran; I do not enjoy the idea of another nuclear nation, particularly one that has an axe to grind. The potential for Iran to completely destabilize the region is massive, but it is not for the sake of the middle easterner's that anyone cares about stability. Western governments want stability to maintain the status quo that has benefitted us for so long.

The existing nuclear powers have arrogantly set up the situation that we are now seeing unfold. Both India and Pakistan highlighted this when they conducted their own nuclear tests years ago:

No one takes you seriously unless you are a nuclear nation.

Keeping Iran out of the nuclear club is a good idea, yes, but only because the west may be forced into accountability over our actions in that region: Actions that in some cases may stretch back centuries. We in the west have short memories, this is not the case over there. We may have chosen to forget history, but they have not.

This entire ordeal can be summed up by three words:

Payback's a bitch, not Maintain regional stability

Concerning the US attacking Iran, I stand by the statement that the US will not attack a nuclear nation.

With or without a bomb, if the US does deploy forces in Iran it will likely be to finish something that Israel has started. The US is already fighting two unpopular wars, without a false flag or treaty obligation they cannot force the American public to accept a third.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The most likely scenario in which Israel might use tactical nukes in a first strike against Iran is a 9/11 type mass casualty attack on Israeli soil, involving nuclear,biological or chemical weapons, that can be "traced" to Iran. In such a scenario, the "use of overwhelming force" argument becomes implausible and the whole affair can be presented as an "eye for an eye" retaliation.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Gates is an idiot, and Obama is weak... Israel will have to impede Irans pursuit of a Nuclear Weapon no one else has the balls.

Sanctions are the attempt of weak people trying to get something accomplished. It's like threatening a school bully with detention... Do you really think they would show up???

[edit on 2/10/2010 by Brainiac]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

First the Iranians are Persians and NOT known as Aryans.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

But other then that you are absolutely right.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by stargazerman]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I see all the anti-semites are out and about. Good for Israel! Hopefully they level the whole region and make it a parking lot. Israel is surrounded by animals, for whom they can destroy at any moment, yet they let them live in hopes that they can come back out of 600 AD and into humanity. All of you racists can cheer on the animals, but it will make no difference.

In the end the death cult will let their racists violent blind hatred get the best of them and they will recieve the beating they deserve. Obama and Bush may be cowards, but Israel won't stand for it. Just think of how funny it is that an entire region wishes to genocide a country the size of new jersey and yet the are powerless to do anything about it. Iran would be foolish to call Israels bluff.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I can't help but feel this is both sides playing the middle, and we, the ants that are humanity are the middle..

The elite of both sides have issues with unrest in the populations, Irans is a bit more pressing than the West's issues (but we are catching up)

So any kind of war is good for the elite on both sides, just not very healthy for us ants..

make no mistake, we are ants to both sides..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
some of the responses here are unfortunate and i hope these people can get a grip of themselves.

Responses sounding like programmed automatons with some kind of FOX news rhetoric to the nth power "This will be the end of us."

Do us a favor, and either cheer up, and hope for better things, or go sit at your Organ and bust out some nasty dark melodic pieces or paint a masterpiece - it'd at least do something productive with your negativity and turn into something beautiful. The pain shown in music and art is appreciable, the pain of anger and violence, war and mayhem, fear and hatred, is NOT.

We know the extenuating circumstances of this whole situation, mostly. We know what each side is saying to the other, saying to the world, and the probable propaganda on each side. It is far from the masses to want this war. It is the god forsaken leaders, string pullers, and easily swayed people of the countries (politicians and corporations here, politicians and religious wackos in Iran) that are the ones that have the potential to bring this upon the largely innocent and peaceful.

As a people we can choose to support war or not, and it's essential that we really understand WHY; both sides. The blood shed for profit, the blood shed out of angst, all of it, could be gone if minds and hearts were open. These leaders, these religious zealots, they are not opened minded or open hearted. I hope they have some type of positive revelation, because they are currently an imposition on society, on humanity, and they will be taken care of.

The way i see it, another large scale war will not be allowed by forces incomprehensible to most. How can i state this? Because i can, there doesn't have to be any evidence to have faith in this notion. I'm sure as # that most people would like to have faith in this too, not faith in the assured destruction and war for all. I have been there, believe me, to the darkest depths of unknown fear - the purest fear you cannot imagine. It does no good. Zero. It only brings anguish and can be focused away.

They can pound the war drums all they want, im going to pound my drums to my own beat, because the positive rhythms of life are far more appealing. Who'd disagree.
And if we are to speak of being realistic - Who is to say that one's "realism" is any more real than mine or another's? It's simply a focus, and we decide what to focus upon. You may think you know, but the infinite amount of variables, the amount of energy affecting every-single-thing in this world, invite an infinite amount of doors to opportunity.

To end this thought, Newt Gingrich was interviewed tonight. In the span of 2 minutes he mentioned first "altering the emotions of the people" and then as the interviewer tried to glance at the positive aspects of the topic at hand, Mr. Gingrich swiftly retorts "yea, but..." and delves into typical fear mongering. You speak of altering the people's emotions, and you spread fear? I wonder what that could be beneficial for...

Enough of the war drums. Enough of the end is nigh. The end is not nigh for myself, and i hope it ain't for you if you hope for the best.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Ex Plures-Unus]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I really hope someone else has realized this.

The Israelis are more likely using the nuclear attack threat as a deterrent, why do you ask? Think about it, the middle east is floating on a sea of oil and it so happens that the entire world is ran on oil. Without oil, you can't go to work, you can't harvest food, you can't produce energy, you certainly can't wage war. WWIII would break out if they actually did decide to use nuclear weapons, but no one will show up to fight it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex Plures-Unus

We’ll my friend the world is a very scary place. I for one would like to have some one pointing out the potholes on the road ahead for me than let me drive blindly into them.
Back on topic. We rely need to see this through Israel’s eyes. The way we got into WWII was by letting Germany build up its war arsenal with all the cutting edge technology for the time. The world sat back and watched hoping he would not be crazy enough to use he new army against them. Well we all know how that turned out now don’t we.
Israel will do what it must (Right or wrong) to prevent another anti-Semitic ruler from gaining enough power to threaten there existence. They wont wait till Iran is already capable of doing it before the act on the threat.
So we all need to pay close attention to what is going down over there. This has all the makings of a global conflict the like of witch this generation has never seen before. Remember all the people who fought in the last great war are not around any more to remind us of how horrible world war is.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

"I have to add something here. The absurdity of some of these claims is just mind boggling. The IAEA has Iran's sites under surveillance 24 hours a day. You think they are going to build a weapon without them knowing? You think they are going to move material without them knowing"

Yes. Read the latest IAEA report and you will find the answer to your own question. The IAEA is not omnipotent, it is a struggle and Iran does not comply.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AeJor_Mn

I see only one Problem here -
Mankind - Human - Homo Sapiens - Australopithecus afarensis

Time to die, if you ask me. Better for "US".

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
reply to post by AeJor_Mn

I see only one Problem here -
Mankind - Human - Homo Sapiens - Australopithecus afarensis

Time to die, if you ask me. Better for "US".

If thats the way you wont it thats fine with me. If you wont to roll over and play dead and judge the rest of the human race. "Time to die" maybe for you but not for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
good.
wipe the entire middle east off the map for all i care. hopefully all of you that support the muslim terrorists will go with it.

what is this statement called ?

thank you ATS modes for letting this crappy thinking words good for nothing but hate pass by so easily,and have no respect to the Muslims and Arabs that are members also in this forum.

and if what i said is wrong you can simply wipe it out of the map of this site.

thank you again

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Dr UAE]

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Dr UAE]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramid head
I see all the anti-semites are out and about. Good for Israel! Hopefully they level the whole region and make it a parking lot. Israel is surrounded by animals, for whom they can destroy at any moment, yet they let them live in hopes that they can come back out of 600 AD and into humanity. All of you racists can cheer on the animals, but it will make no difference.

So what the hell does that make you then?

Wanting the murder of millions , who you consider sub-human. You are a fascist, like Hitler. This is not an insult. Merely an observation.

Ironic how someone of your monstrosity is now defending the jews (whether they are right or wrong).

Welcome to my foe list.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
I’m not trying to minimize the consequences of using nukes but the tactical nukes Israel are talking about using are 1/15 the size used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and are designed to detonate very far below the surface of the ground as a bunker buster type bomb.
I know, I know nukes are nukes but I just wanted to point out that were not talking about dropping bombes on cities here. Ether way lets hope they don’t have to use them.

I wouldn't rate the delivery systems they are using.
A nuke is still a nuke, even a tactical one which is only a 'gray' option in conventional warfare.
The Israeli leaders need to take one big chill pill and get off their high horse as another poster mentioned; problem child is a suitable accolade for them right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Blah, scare tactics. While countries have first strike policies i very much doubt they would ever be used. It's literally insane and that's the exact point of such a policy, it's a deterrent. Hopefully a peaceful solution can be found before this gets out of hand. They cannot waltz in and out again like syria or iraq. It will be all out war and the casualties will be horrendous.

God i can't believe the insanity in me posting about Israel wanting to nuke Iran with illegal nuclear weapons because they believe Iran is trying to build illegal nuclear weapons....The world has lost it's marbles.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by pyramid head

So what the hell does that make you then?

Wanting the murder of millions , who you consider sub-human. You are a fascist, like Hitler. This is not an insult. Merely an observation.

Ironic how someone of your monstrosity is now defending the jews (whether they are right or wrong).

Welcome to my foe list.

Well said Lizard man!
I used to support the Israeli government on a lot of things in previous times, but no longer when it comes to the lunatic brinkmanship they are moving towards now.
WW2 started with what many say was a staged 'false flag' operation by Germany. It would not surprise me if that's one of the options open and being considered by the generals right now.
Israel are in danger of becoming like what they hate. Not a good move.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
When will people finally understand that the state of Israel is much a determent to peace in the middle east as are its enemies?

Threatening nuclear strikes is really responsible behavior.
yeah right!!!

Don't they have any understanding of the repercussions that such an act would bring?

I don't expect the right wingers who are going bomb em bomb em to have any such understanding...but the nation of Israel is in the middle of the foray...they should know...

It would be a world disaster.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The Iranian president does NOT give a flying crap about the Iranian people, look at how he orderd the vote protestors to be handled!

He has one objective, to DESTROY Israel, he doesnt care if his own country will be destroyed, as long as he acheieves his goal he will go to heaven and have an unlimited amount of teenage virgins on hand.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
He has one objective, to DESTROY Israel, he doesnt care if his own country will be destroyed, as long as he acheieves his goal he will go to heaven and have an unlimited amount of teenage virgins on hand.

So..... on that logic, why hasn't he done it?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join