It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Israel Threating To Use Nuclear Weapons On Iran!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ukredstar

Originally posted by ukredstar

I think the difference is that on a normal day to day basis Israel wouldn't use nuclear weapons on anyone nor would any other nuclear power.
Iran, however, has said that Israel should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Wow, here we go again. Same utter ignorance spewed out once more. If you've read some of the replies in this thread... no, some of the replies on the previous page alone, you would know that this is a lie.

It's a pretty bold statement to make. So unless you have proof of what Ahmadinejad said and a proper translation confirming that he wanted to "wipe Israel off the map", then I would cease with the accusations to further your (now baseless) argument.

[edit on 10/2/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Bah! I'm sick of all this jibber-jabber. I say Let Iran have one nuke, if it uses it then wipe the floor clean with them. That way we don't have to waste our time fearing the worst.

Maybe we should wipe the floor clean of another country who has used nuclear bombs numerous times in the past.
Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It is heating up, i was amazed when i read about how many missiles Hezbollah have and what kind of missiles, its going to get ugly if diplomacy/sanctions fail.

Fiery rhetoric fuels Mideast war fears
According to Jane's Defense Weekly, Syria has recently supplied Hezbollah with M-600 missiles, copies of Iran's Fateh-110 system and capable of hitting central Israel. Even Hamas, less well equipped than Hezbollah, is now reputed to have rockets that can hit Tel Aviv's outskirts from the south.

Israeli commanders have said as much publicly, which indicates that they seek to prepare the civilian population for the worst.

In 2006 Hezbollah had some 12,000 Syrian and Iranian rockets. Now it's believed to have in excess of 42,000, including a large number capable of hitting Tel Aviv, Israel's largest city, and the Dimona nuclear reactor further south.
www.upi.com...

[edit on 10-2-2010 by rhines]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My professor was talking about the Cold War today and how he experienced it as a teen.

When the Soviets had their first nuke people were scared to death.

US:USSR nuke ratio was 17:1, yet, we were still scared.

However, fear does not equate to nuclear warfare. The USSR had a "psychological" edge and we had enough nukes to destroy the world 100 times over. But no one used a single nuke during the Cold War.

You know why? Nukes were the bane of humanity. As crazy as Stalin, Khrushchev, Mao, and US presidents were, they only stored and tested nukes to scare people due to the inescapable fallout and Armageddon. And I can say that Ahmadinejad is no where near as badass as leaders of the Soviet empire or Ronald Reagan.

The Israeli government will not use nukes unless Obama gives them permission which he probably won't.

So in the end, we see that it's simply another scare tactic by the West.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by ukredstar

Originally posted by ukredstar

I think the difference is that on a normal day to day basis Israel wouldn't use nuclear weapons on anyone nor would any other nuclear power.
Iran, however, has said that Israel should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Wow, here we go again. Same utter ignorance spewed out once more. If you've read some of the replies in this thread... no, some of the replies on the previous page alone, you would know that this is a lie.

It's a pretty bold statement to make. So unless you have proof of what Ahmadinejad said and a proper translation confirming that he wanted to "wipe Israel off the map", then I would cease with the accusations to further your (now baseless) argument.

[edit on 10/2/2010 by serbsta]

What was the quote then?

"Wipe the Zionist Regime off of the map" or something to that effect.

Q. Where is this "Zionist Regime" located?

A. Israel.

In order to "wipe the Zionist Regime off of the map," they would have to attack Israel, and effectively "wipe Israel off of the map."

Quit playing semantics.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Iran has no intention of bombing Israel, I pointed this out already. They would be destroying as many Palestinians as Jews. Iran isn't stupid, no one on this website gives them credit.

Even if Iran did launch a nuke (which they wouldn't, ever) they would be literally annihilated in minutes by Israel and the United States, etc...

Again, Iran knows what MAD is. Do you?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
My professor was talking about the Cold War today and how he experienced it as a teen.

However, fear does not equate to nuclear warfare. The USSR had a "psychological" edge and we had enough nukes to destroy the world 100 times over. But no one used a single nuke during the Cold War.

You know why? Nukes were the bane of humanity. As crazy as Stalin, Khrushchev, Mao, and US presidents were, they only stored and tested nukes to scare people due to the inescapable fallout and Armageddon. And I can say that Ahmadinejad is no where near as badass as leaders of the Soviet empire or Ronald Reagan.

The Israeli government will not use nukes unless Obama gives them permission which he probably won't.

And just like the Soviet union would Iran be able to fight their dirty proxy wars [with the leverage of nuclear retaliation] in Lebanon, Gaza, westbank on a higher level.Only because of that, they shouldnt be allowed to have one..
And if it be a vacuum bomb or small tactical nuke, whatever it takes to do the job..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Look's like they'll have some extra ammo, courtesy of the USA.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

This is pretty serious threat if true! The world is obsessed about nukes from Iran atm but Israel which has been cited as too hold about 200 nuclear warheads approx. without allowing IAEA inspections is threatening an attack.

I guess for shame. we need to do everything we can to protect Israel against Palestinian rock throwers and peaceful nuke programs. like Sarah Palin would say, gosh-darnit we need to support her majesty Israel, we would never want to offend our supreme masters.

dprogram.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

I guess that would explain the 2 Israeli ships that went through the Suez canal on the way to the Persian Gulf. They are gearing up for a strike and it's not pretty.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Its 6:46 am in Iran now, interesting to see what happens.

I have a question hopefully someone can answer.

'IF' Iran decide to make weapons from the 20% enriched Uranium how much more powerful would they be compared to conventional bombs / missiles?

[edit on 10/2/2010 by wycky]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
Its 6:46 am in Iran now, interesting to see what happens.

I have a question hopefully someone can answer.

'IF' Iran decide to make weapons from the 20% enriched Uranium how much more powerful would they be compared to conventional bombs / missiles?

[edit on 10/2/2010 by wycky]

Nuclear [fission] weapons can only be built at a minimum of 90% fission percentage or higher. 20 is usually for research reactors for radiation [medical isotopes]instead of using the warmth. But 20 % is also an important benchmark/treshold towards the 90%.From what i heard after that benchmark the enrichment process will accelerate faster..

At 20% they can already make a dirty bomb, spreading the radiation through a conventional blast, also not very pretty..

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

The words 'wipe' and 'map' were never used by Ahmadinejad.

Its not semantics.

Its simple translation.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's amazing how catty these threads get.

Okay, here's what I think:

Lots of people have nukes, but they're a threat technique. No one will ever use one on purpose because you know what, if you nuke, you get nuked.

Most of the news in the past few years is "X country has nukes! We can't let them have nukes, they'll nuke us!" "We'll nuke you because we know you have nukes...." "We'll nuke you... we're gonna do it... really... really we will." "This country just threatened to nuke us! We need to build better nukes!"

Aaaaaagggggghhhhhh just destroy them all and let it go, for goodness' sake. Of course that will never happen because countries are just so dishonest. It's like ice-nine.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Alamo Ripper
you honestly believe iran is using nuclear energy for peaceful use?

are you retarded? or just being sarcastic

seriously

And if you had both sides of your country surrounded by imperialist armies that think nothing of striking first without being attacked? Interests surrounding Iran that destabilized Iran in the 50's to get their favorite "Shah of Iran" in power that would deal favorbly with the US in regards to oil sales.

You are the one that is SERIOUSLY mentally challenged.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

Originally posted by die_another_day

And just like the Soviet union would Iran be able to fight their dirty proxy wars [with the leverage of nuclear retaliation] in Lebanon, Gaza, westbank on a higher level.Only because of that, they shouldnt be allowed to have one..
And if it be a vacuum bomb or small tactical nuke, whatever it takes to do the job..

Truth is, if Iran does something funny, the US will blitzkrieg into Iran with Abrams backed by A1's.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This will all pass by. No country anywhere, ever, would result to using a nuke. They're talking about destroying all the nukes in the world as it is, getting rid of them for good. Because if a nuclear war were to happen, no one would win. We all die, end of story.... Our leaders know this, we know this, so unless we all want to die, no one will ever order a nuclear strike. So we can watch this news all we want, nothing will happen. Who cares if Iran gets a single nuke? They wouldn't use it. So this entire situation is pointless. I say let them enrich their uranium, and see if it is actually for medical purposes. Let them do what they want.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

A religious fanatic would use a nuke, just like a suicide bomber blows himself up or a terrorist flies a plane into a building. Empathy and critical thinking does not apply, it's religion.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by rhines]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I say, if they feel threatened enough.. Nuke Em to hell.

If for no other reason to destroy a few oil monopolies and perhaps the world will see to start using all this free energy technology that has been developed for the last 100 years.

Yes, 100 years ago we could have gotten rid of dependence on oil products but it was the greed of the middle east and stupid people in power who has caused all the worlds peoples we have today.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I say, if they feel threatened enough.. Nuke Em to hell.

Wow, you just sank to the level of the wacked out fanatics on the other side and lower...you want to effectively kill them all (innocent people and children). I have a feeling that Hell has reserved a spot just for you.

Probably if your kid spills their milk you'd suggest death by hanging?

Where has diplomacy gone these days? They aren't fighting us because they hate our freedom. They are fighting us because they hate our meddling presence in their lands and the grabs at their resources. How would you feel if they stationed miltary forces and covert CIA-type subversions in our country and constantly threatened us and predator droned your friends and family? You feel okay to do this to them, but if this happened in your city you'd be crying a river about it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join