It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"America cursed by God if we reject Israel " From Rep. Bachmann (Minn)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Tis true that the "good" is a bit more problematic, on that we are agreed, 'trep. You'll notice I didn't say there was a lot of it.

Given that America insists upon a presence in the region, we need a stable ally in the region. Outside of Israel there aren't a whole lot of 'em around.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have known for a long time,that if the U.S. turns her back on Israel,
God will punish the U.S..I don't care if any believe me or not,our two
destinies are bound together.

I,also recommend reading the book by, Dr. William P. Grady,"How Satan
turned America against God".

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This certainly does confirm my belief that Christianity is the worst thing to ever happen to the GOP. Evangelicals even more so.

While we can not seem to rid ourselves of the Israeli love fest that leaves a disgusting odor all over DC, we can't seem to get past the anti-Semite label that plagues detractors.

Why do we care so much about the Jews? If we cared so much for them, wouldn't we have put them in a less violent area, especially in one that happens to hate them with a fiery passion?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Hmmm, Let's see here, "Nope", Rep. Bachmann's not afiliated with Satanism, so that's wrong, and I do believe she shower's so "dirty" is incorrect as well....As to word's I do believe she was quoted as saying some, so that's 1 out of 3 for you....any other comment's Rizeor??

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I have known for a long time,that if the U.S. turns her back on Israel,
God will punish the U.S..I don't care if any believe me or not,our two
destinies are bound together.

I,also recommend reading the book by, Dr. William P. Grady,"How Satan
turned America against God".

We have a serious need to fear and reject those who believe they know the will of God.

It is they who cause the most destruction and the least amount of cognitive thought.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Tis true that the "good" is a bit more problematic, on that we are agreed, 'trep. You'll notice I didn't say there was a lot of it.

Wisely. That's a puppy that bites it's handler.

Given that America insists upon a presence in the region, we need a stable ally in the region. Outside of Israel there aren't a whole lot of 'em around.

Without Israel the US may find many. See the conundrum?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Bicent76 (scratches his head)

Americans, will be cursed by God, if we do not follow Israel's, agenda...

This fellow Americans, is a person that is part of the buisness that runs, our Country..

I digress..

Good find OP

S&F

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's not that they claim to know the will of God jethro, it's that they interpet the Scripture's in the Bible to be the one true word of God, and that is their belief system, so I think they are entitled to that.....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Listen lady,anyone can know the will of God,even you! How,you ask?
By reading God's word,the Bible,that's how!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Israel isn't innocent. They've basically been running a slow genocide campaign against the palestinians for the past 60 years. I don't really have any sympathy or support for the Israeli government. This also really goes to show how much religion plays a role in the decision making of our elected representatives, which to me, is beyond too much. Policy should be governed by rational thought, not fairy tales and unicorns.

link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Thank you, and I believe some credit is due the reporter in Minnesota brave or foolish enough to take this on, depending on how people see thing's, I guess.

link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
This certainly does confirm my belief that Christianity is the worst thing to ever happen to the GOP. Evangelicals even more so.

Actually, the worst thing to ever happen to the GOP was marginalization brought about by a shift towards the center and a liberalization of their fiscal policies. I will agree with you, to a degree, as the evangelical aspect did manifest itself in the form of driving part of that fiscal liberalism in the form of increased gloabl aid and global policing under the guise of bringing freedom to the overall world. The link between Barry Goldwater's incredible vision of fiscal conservatism and personal liberty and Ronald Reagan's embracing of those ideals AND mixing in a generous dose of Christian underpinnings was essentially crapped on when the GOP opted to undercut their conservative morals in favor of this "compassionate conservativism" crap. The religious foundation, itself, didn't destroy the GOP... it was the fluff they embraced to try and woo the less conservative voters which did the deed.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why do we let crazy people become lawmakers?

These people are insane!
They need psychiatric help but instead we give them seats in politics?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Let's see here...

our middle class has evaporated, we have 2 wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that have killed tens of thousands of people, our financial system practically bankrupted the country, we have trillions in debt, our quality of healthcare is one of the lowest among industrialized nations even though costs continue to skyrocket, our courts sold our nation to foreign companies, our entire political system is completely bent on serving itself and its corporate backers, we have 10% unemployment, and practically no remaining industry within our borders.

Is this how God blesses a nation that supports Israel?

I think I'd rather try and kiss Shiva's butt or something. Bachmann's God is a total sociopath.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
It's not that they claim to know the will of God jethro, it's that they interpet the Scripture's in the Bible to be the one true word of God, and that is their belief system, so I think they are entitled to that.....

I disagree.

When any religion claims to know the will of God, which many do and frequently, then apply that "knowledge" to policy choices, I call shenanigans.

In any case, it was mamabeth I was referring to specifically as she SAID she knew what God would do.

Additionally, interpretations of the Bible don't always work out too nicely.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Without Israel the US may find many. See the conundrum?

...or they may find that groups like Al Qaida were just using the "Zionist" excuse because it was convenient and merely find some other reason to hang their hatred of America on. You never know. The ultimate question is should we gamble away our one tried and true ally on the chance that we could ultimately gain more allies in the region? Do you buy lottery tickets or take a trip to Vegas with your rent money for the month? Maybe if we had more than one trusted, proven ally in the region it would be a risk we could afford to take, but as it stands now I don't think it's a gamble we can be taking.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What's more insane? The courage to follow a belief in your religon, while knowing it is unpopular, yet guaranteed by the Constitution. Or is it insane to deny your true beliefs in the face of controversy, and lie to the American public?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Oh, the conundrum is only slightly less than blindingly obvious. I've never been a big fan of the "Israel can do no wrong" BS... Neither am I a big fan of the "Israel is the font of all evil" BS... As with most issues, the true reality is in the middle somewhere.

It would be nice if we could shed a bit of the Israeli dependence in the region...Jordan and Egypt are both somewhat moderate nations, and would, and have, made good allies. Oddly enough, they're also the ones who get along the best with the Israeli's... That might be a clue to some folks. They deal with the Israeli's, not bluster and threaten...they outgrew that a few years back, for the most part.

America's choices in allies have not always been the greatest... I for one, would just as soon we leave the region to its own devices... But that won't happen anytime soon, if ever... So, we must make do...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buttking

But don't you just love the manipulative double-speak and hypocrisy ?

US teachers are fired if they use the word 'God' in school

But US politicians use 'God' to manipulate -- to benefit Israel -- to send stupid Americans and their sons to die in wars against people who pose NO threat --- to cater to insatiable Israeli blood-lust

WHEN THE FACT IS:

Judaism FORBIDS jews to live in the holy lands until the coming of the Jewish Messiah

And the 'jewish messiah' has NOT come, according to jews themselves

yet they've been living in the holy lands for 60 years

they have been slaughtering the original inhabitants and stealing from them in every way possible for 60 years

they've been causing wars all over the place for 60 years

AND ... most importantly, jews slander and defame the Son of God at every opportunity

so where exactly does that place US Christians as far as the 'God will curse America if we reject Israel' claim ?

Love to know

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Why do we let crazy people become lawmakers?

These people are insane!
They need psychiatric help but instead we give them seats in politics?

Because we vote them in,that's why! Now,how do we fix the
problem? I am open to suggestions!Do you have any?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join