It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"America cursed by God if we reject Israel " From Rep. Bachmann (Minn)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

America cursed by God if we reject Israel

minnesotaindependent.com

minnesotaindependent.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-2-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow, this is a first, gotta say I have even more respect for her now, then I did before, but this is going to create " Huge!!!" controversy...... It's amazing this fell under the radar originally especially with all the current controversy over Israel and Iran these days..... I wonder how this will play out in the MSM after this get's out.

minnesotaindependent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

You respect her ? For claiming that America will be cursed by God if it rejects Israel ?

So teachers in American schools are sacked if they utter the word 'God' ?

Yet American politicians can utilise 'God' when speaking to the American public ?

And American politicians may attempt to blackmail Americans, using God, when it works to Israel's benefit ?

You respect that ?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Another article here, guess this will make the evening new's, if somebody pay's attention, I guess we shall see....

rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What a fundementalist MUG. He needs to shut up, and keep his ridiculous views to himself. MUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Krishnamurti: Sir, what is religion? Actually, what is religion? First of all to find out what is religion we must negate what it is not. What it is not; then it is. It's like seeing what is not love. Love is not hate, love is not jealousy, love is not ambition, love is not violence. When you negate all that, the other is, which is compassion. In the same way if you negate what is not religion then you find out what is true religion; that is, what is the truly religious mind. Belief is not religion, and the authority which the churches, the organized religions assume, is not religion. In that there is all the sense of obedience, conformity, acceptance, the hierarchical approach to life. The division between the Protestant, the Catholic, the Hindu, the Moslem, that's not religion. When you negate all that, which means you are no longer a Hindu, no longer a Catholic, no longer belonging to any sectarian outlook, then your mind questions, asks what is true religion? This is free from their ritual, without their masters, without their Saviour; all that is not religion. When the mind discards that, intelligently, because it has seen that it's not religion, then it can ask what is religion. Religion is not what I think, but religion is the sense of comprehension of the totality of existence, in which there is no division between you and me. Then if there is that quality of goodness which is virtue, real virtue not the phony virtue of society, but real virtue, then the mind can go beyond and find out, through meditation, through a deep, quiet silence, if there is such a thing as reality. Therefore a religious mind is a mind that is constantly aware, sensitive, attentive, so that it goes beyond itself into a dimension where there is no time at all.

www.katinkahesselink.net...

In conclusion.... This Rep. Bachmann is a complete idiot and needs to be sent back to the stone age!

I'm sorry, we don't sell stupid here!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So.....am i wrong here, or is this not a story anybody's interested in? I mean if Sen Reid came out and said something similar, would that be new's?? At the very least I expected some negative comment's, but not the " Oh well " from everyone....Guess Y'all are busy.....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Haha..... there we go, now that's more like it.....thnx

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorry

Sorry my post wasn't negative enough

I'll try harder next time

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Kind of a silly statement to make, true. Think maybe, though, that it might have been a bit of, oh I don't know, hyperbole?

'Course, it matters not. For better, or for worse, the United States and Israel are joined at the hip for the foreseeable future. Both good and bad will come of the relationship, we'll just have to deal with it as it comes.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Why set out to get only negative remarks? Are you not interested in a conversation?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
For better, or for worse, the United States and Israel are joined at the hip for the foreseeable future. Both good and bad will come of the relationship, we'll just have to deal with it as it comes.

Well the bad is easy to pick out. What would the "good" be?

link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

That would be she, not he. Michele Bachmann is another scary crazy semi attractive female bimbo religious right wing nutcase...just my opinion of course.

link   
reply to post by seagull

But of course, and I did not set out to simply get negative. I was merely wondering why the lack of response, positive or negative, guess I jumped the gun, and I now stand corrected, plenty of conversation going now, and thank you for your comment's one and all, whatever they may be, afterall that's what this site is all about, is it not.....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
1. MUG? Not familliar with that term.

2. The vast majority of protestant Christian theologies do, in fact, teach that siding against Israel is a fool's errand. The stance is Biblically justifiable, too...

Isaiah 54:14
Any alliance that forms against you (Israel) will not be my doing; whoever tries to form such an alliance will fall because of you.

Just one of numerous examples from the Bible of vows from God that no one who stands against Israel shall recieve His blessing or rewards.

3. I respect her for stating a view publically and standing behind it openly. It's a view which obviously she's going to take massive flak over, yet she demonstrates a great level of conviction and that's an honorable trait not seen often in today's politicians, most of whom backpeddle at the slightest hint of controversy over their opinions.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Point # 3 is excellent, and I am in agreement.....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
how can anyone respect those dirty satanist words

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Bicent76, (shakes his head)

this is the best in quality we have to offer up in MN?

With that I have nothing else to add.

We should be worried about the state of the union..

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well the bad is easy to pick out. What would the "good" be?

Depends on your beliefs, actually. If you're among those who believe the Bible, the "good" is something less than tangible in this life, but promised in life to come. (I'm starting to realize that the differences between Christianity and Islam as to actions and promises may not be so disimmilar... Hmmm, always an odd feeling to recognize personal understanding and growth as it takes place.) If you are not among those who believe in that, then I guess the "good" is that the US always has a guaranteed usable airbase close to the Persian Gulf.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I can't trust a human who claims to know God's mind. Especially if they are "convinced" they're right and everyone else is wrong.

Sounds like someone needs a psych eval.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join