It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian AF Colonel charged in two deaths.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
For me, this is a spooky thing to post. In this context spooky as in hard to type, no spy stuff. Col. Russell Williams, the commander of Canada's largest Air Force base in Trenton Ontario was charged with two murders, (one first degree), and two rapes. I have worked with the Canadian military for 25 years. They have always been the finest professionals. Every once in a while, any country can find a rotton apple in a barrel. It should not tarnish the whole group. I first found out about this by reading the Minneapolis Star and Tribune. I then found it on the BBC website. My advice is for you to use the net to locate other news sites.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

www.military.com...

Sorry I am usure as to what point you are trying to get across.
Do you want use to get as many scources to the story for you as possible?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If indeed this man is a serial rapist/murderer that begs the question, how does he get that far into the military hierarchy without setting off alarms?

As with the Ft. Hood shooter, what the hell is goin' on?

A colonel? Wow...just wow.

If you got a source, post it.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
news.ca.msn.com...

The crimes are less than five months old. The violent sex offender who committed them has likely been active for far longer, according to an FBI profiler.

Air Force colonel Russ Williams stands charged with two first-degree murders and two sex assaults in and around CFB Trenton. He is 46.

On Tuesday morning, police were poring over unsolved crimes in the many stops in Williams’ 23-year military career, including towns small and large across Canada, as well as overseas postings.

Williams stands accused of an escalating rampage of violence. First, a pair break-and-enters followed by fetishistic sex assaults over a two-week span in September. Both targeted homes were on the same road. Both victims’ identities are now shielded by court order.

Then, on Nov. 25, Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, 37, was found slain in her home in nearby Brighton. On Jan. 29, 27-year-old Jessica Lloyd disappeared. Her body was recovered Monday, the day after Williams was arrested.

SOURCE-www.thestar.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is huge news in Canada... This guy was in charge of directing the military aid relief operation in Haiti at a base in Canada

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It's front-page news of every single paper here in Calgary.....

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Here is a link to several stories from the Toronto Star about Col. Williams' arrest.

www.thestar.com...

I'm with seagull on this. How does this guy (if guilty) get to the position he occupied, commander of the nation's largest airforce base? Shouldn't
national security, like charity, begin at home? Who's watching the watchers?

The police are looking into his last 23 years of deployments for incidents of unsolved murders.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Mark Safarik, who spent more than 12 years as a senior profiler in the FBI's Behavioural Analysis Unit, said it's unusual to see someone Williams' age arrested for sensational crimes with no prior record.

Police looking at unsolved cases after the charges against Williams will examine homicides and sex crimes but also precursor-type crimes such as burglaries, said Safarik, who has retired from the FBI but is executive director of Virginia-based Forensic Services Behavioral International.

"There's typically an escalation of behaviour that has occurred over a long period of time, and it's this precursor types of crimes that they'll be looking for," he said.

Safarik said as an investigator he would focus on burglary cases.

"Burglary cases at night where nothing is taken where victims are saying things like, 'I felt like there was somebody in the house but I didn't find anything missing, I heard somebody, I thought I saw somebody at my window, prowling, peeping,' " he said.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
If indeed this man is a serial rapist/murderer that begs the question, how does he get that far into the military hierarchy without setting off alarms?

The only source I can quote is the media. Its all over the news as other posts have stated. Go on the net and look up the story. Look for a major Canadian news paper or CBC source. Don't be so damn lazy, as people who only use the net, and don't read newspapers have a habit to be. Get off your butt, and look it up. Any questions?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
www.ctv.ca...

cnews.canoe.ca...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.theglobeandmail.com...

www.cbc.ca...

Man went by the shortened name "Russ" and you can find other articles about him before this incident using that.

shieldmedia.ca... n=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1944&hn=shieldmedia&he=.ca

To make life real interesting the Honourable Peter MacKay who is the Minister of National Defense, and one of the men who is tagged to be a likely future Prime Minister of Canada has had several pictures taken with the Colonel.

A serial rapist and murder who has had photo ops with a man likely to become the leader of the country.

[edit on 2010/2/10 by Aeons]

[edit on 2010/2/10 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

The only source I can quote is the media. Its all over the news as other posts have stated. Go on the net and look up the story. Look for a major Canadian news paper or CBC source. Don't be so damn lazy, as people who only use the net, and don't read newspapers have a habit to be. Get off your butt, and look it up. Any questions?

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've been following this the last few days; unbelievable. It's a shame he won't find himself in front of a firing squad.

top topics

join