It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: White House SPAM in Response to Legitimate Email: Is The White House Promoting SPAM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have just discovered that the white house officially adds your email address to a SPAM LIST if you correspond with them through their website!

Last week, I used the official white house page to send a message to President Obama. The link to the page:

www.whitehouse.gov...

From the page, you can see the form for your letter, the fill in places for name etc. I filled it out, and if you notice at the bottom of the page, there is a box to check to OPT IN for email updates. I did NOT check that one. I DID check the other one, CONTACT ME, because I expected a response.

My letter to which I eagerly awaited a response:

Way to go there President Obama. Way to send the message to our already struggling youth that choosing careers in science and physics, especially the exciting and MUCH NEEDED field of Space Exploration, is not needed by our country. Way to encourage our youth to set their sail for the outrageous made up field of "climate change". President Obama, when I was growing up in the 70's we used to call what yall are calling Climate Change, WEATHER.

How shameful for you to divert the Nasa Moon Mission money to the charlatan fronted/filled field of Climate Change. How little you must think of our children, including your own.

I hope that this article, where my information originated, is completely untrue, and that there is still time to reverse this short sighted act.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Thank you, please clarify the situation regarding funding for space exploration, and where the 7000 laid off Kennedy Space Center employees will be working. Thank you. "

Now, this is how it innocently began. I expected a response, not SPAM. I specifically DID NOT opt in for email updates. The email address that I am using is brand new. (less than a month old). I have been checking for a response, so I could add it to the thread I had posted in about this issue. I opened GMail this morning to find Michelle Obama herself replying. Awesome, I thought, and clicked on the link. THAT is when I discovered, I had been SPAMMED.

Here is what White House Spam looks like yall:

"!@$#^&*&^%[email protected]
date Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
subject Let's Move!
mailed-by service.govdelivery.com

hide details 1:56 PM (1 hour ago)

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]

The White House, Washington

Good Afternoon,

I’m writing to share a startling prospect: due to rising levels of childhood obesity, our Nation’s youngest generation could actually face a shorter expected lifespan than its parents.

That’s unacceptable. As Americans, we all work tirelessly to provide a better world for the next generation. As a mother, I can tell you that nothing is as important as a child’s health.

The problem is clear. Over the past three decades, childhood obesity rates in this country have tripled. Today, obesity and excess weight threaten the health of one out of three American children.

It’s time for us to act. That's why I’m asking you to be part of Let's Move! -- a nationwide effort to solve the obesity epidemic within one generation. Learn more here:

Watch the Video
Today, pediatricians treat children with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even Type II diabetes. Teachers see bullying and teasing in class. School counselors see kids with depression and low self-esteem. Coaches see kids struggling to keep up or stuck on the sidelines.

Obesity affects our economy as well. Our country spends nearly $150 billion treating obesity-related conditions like diabetes, heart disease and cancer. We can expect that number to grow unless healthy changes occur.

I hope you’ll take a moment to join community leaders, teachers, doctors, nurses, moms and dads across the country. Together, we will work to help our kids eat better and lead active, healthy lives.

Thank you,

Michelle

First Lady Michelle Obama
The White House

P.S. We’ve posted a special video about this effort to LetsMove.gov. Check it out.

Visit WhiteHouse.gov"

One. I did not ask for Michelle Obama's opinion and blathering on childhood obesity.

Two, unsolicited email is SPAM. I clearly asked for a response to my email not to be added to a WHITE HOUSE SPAM LIST.

This is ridiculous, now I have to unsubscribe. When I did NOT subscribe in the first place. The box I checked did not disclose I would receive spam as a result of trying to communicate with my President.

From the White House contact page, our President claims:

"Contact the White House

President Obama is committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in American history. To send questions, comments, concerns, or well-wishes to the President or his staff, please use the form below."

And at the bottom, two boxes to click.

"Opt In

Would you like to receive email updates from the White House? AND

Contact Me

A response is requested"

What's the big deal you say? Whoop ti doo, just unsubscribe!!

I say there may be a reason the white house chooses to contribute to the spamming of the people who use the internet. There is a lot of talk on alternative media sites of internet censorship.

But to me the big deal is, I just got a new email address, and my first and ONLY spam comes from my own GOVERNMENT!! That is unacceptable!

Why would the white house want to officially contribute to the spamming problem? Each unwanted email takes up bandwidth and resources in cyberspace.

I wanted a response to my email, not Michelle Obama and White House Spam.

What's wrong with our government??

(rhetorically speaking, sigh).

And the worst of all is my legitimate questions were ignored completely.

Once again the Government shows how little they care about US the people, and its all about political agenda.

If Michelle Obama cared about kids, she would encourage campaigns geared towards kids becoming scientists and physicists and get them interested in careers in space and oceanic exploration, part of which would be physical training!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
S & F

for your OP

and initiative !

You deserve a better administration

and a better president

join