It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagination or Past Life Memories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was just thinking... Have you ever been thinking of doing something for the first time like bungie jumping, and you kind of go through the experience in your head before actually doing it? What if this "imagination" of bungie jumping was really a memory from a past life?

Please post your comments, or if any of you have them, any past life memorys you wish to share.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Say wut??

Nope never thought of this before. But I have had some extremly vivid memories, that turned out not to exist.

I mean hours of memories. even had a friend with the same ones (friend was there) talked about it. only for it not to have happend...

(edit:nothing perverted before anyone goes there >8P )

[edit on 9-2-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It seems like since there was more than one person involved in your case it was group delirium, it's rare but it happens to people who are connected in a tight bond. Was it a friend you have known for a while?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

A few years I would say. not too long. but we were quite young. and close at that age.

the memory itself is odd. you know when you remember something from when you were very young? when it is an event. you remember a lot of it.

It still seems like a memory.

I know of false memorys, and how it can play tricks.

but it found it particulary unusual,that both of us could recall it, both swearing it happend, and both being confused. at how it couldnt have been.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hmmm... that is interesting, a shared memory with another person.. Perhaps you should do a thread on it.. Have you? I think it would be good material

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Imagination or Past Life Memories?

Wow... talk about Deja Vu.

Back about... hmm, maybe 1977, my best friend and I were going to go out to one of the islands just off of Savannah, Georgia, to a site he had found where human bones were being exposed by the elements.

The night before our excursion, i had this weird dream of being a part of a band of native Americans standing to watch the sunrise over a salt marsh. Nothing was said... we just stood and when the sun was at about a 9-o'clock position, we dug a hole and buried a dead member of our party.

The next day, we rowed out to the small islet, fought our way through the bramble and there on n eastward bank, was some erosion that was exposing a human skull and other bone remains.

I told my buddy of my dream and he said he had a similar one, except that he was the person being buried and his thoughts were that someday, he would be found before the tides washed him out to sea.

WTF was that all about? Who knows?

We took a tooth sample from the skull and a rib and finger bone before exiting the islet.

The tooth was my souvenir but... I was never comfortable with it and eventually gave it a small parting ritual before returning it to the marsh in 1979.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have a childhood memory of seeing newspaper headlines and discussions amongst adults about the burning down of The Crystal Palace.
It was only in adulthood that I learned that this event happened in 1936 and I was born in 1942......it still puzzles me

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Wow that is pretty amazing, especially the fact that your friend had the exact dream in his own point of view. From what I understand it seems that you experienced a type of group delirium, mainly because the situation you were in probably conjured many emotions. E.g. Fear, excitment, anxiety, and we all know emotions form some of the strongest bonds...

[edit on 9-2-2010 by theflamingswan92]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

Wow this is odd, it's like you are seeing into the past.. I'm not quite sure what the term for this is called but you may have a gift. Have you ever had this happen again?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Perhaps your friend and you knew each other in a past life. Its possible. There was a video on youtube not long ago, from a fox news interview with a child who was drawing pictures of a plane being shot at. When asked by his mom he explained that he was flying and the japanese were shooting at him. he then elaborated on what his name was when he flew the plane. His mom looked that name up and there was a soldier by that name on a destroyed ship near japan in WWII. When she showed him pictures, he accurately named all the people in the pictures. They then took him to meet the family of the name he had for himself. There were 2 surviving sisters, and he knew their names and accurately described events that happened to them in their childhood. He then was taken to the area where the ship went down, and he started crying. Actually i just found it, its fox and its "11 year old boy reincarnated fox 8 news", check it out on youtube!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by pexx421]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

This is a very possible explanation, even if they didn't meet each other though in the past life, the emotions that they both connected with would be enough to have the same effect.

top topics

join