It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We won't make it to 2100 if nothing good happens in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Internet has proven that human consciousness in the early 21st century has not progressed much over the 19th century. Now that we have nukes etc, if we do not evolve FAST, I fear there won't be a humanity 90 years from now.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Historically speaking, we have faced adversities of the same magnitude and came out on top. I highly doubt we will cease to exist anytime soon, unless there is some devine intervention. Human kind has a very high survival and replication instinct

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
The Internet has proven that human consciousness in the early 21st century has not progressed much over the 19th century.

Erm...proven something not proven hasn't progressed much in a couple hundred years...ok

erm, how did something prove this?...I mean, dont get me wrong, if its on the internet, it has to be true...just wondering the hardcore peer reviewed studies that concluded this...sources pls.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

The Internet has proven that human consciousness in the early 21st century has not progressed much over the 19th century.

Erm...proven something not proven hasn't progressed much in a couple hundred years...ok

erm, how did something prove this?...I mean, dont get me wrong, if its on the internet, it has to be true...just wondering the hardcore peer reviewed studies that concluded this...sources pls.

Let me be more clear - I'm saying you call tell people haven't evolved much if you go to any forum.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Internet has proven that human consciousness in the early 21st century has not progressed much over the 19th century. Now that we have nukes etc, if we do not evolve FAST, I fear there won't be a humanity 90 years from now.

The internet today reaches only a fraction of the human race. And yet look at the results. We have begun to mold our awareness of the universive in part by considering the views of others. In a very real sense, the internet has become a human-hive-mind. Most hive-like-creatures, ants and bees for example, on their own are to be not so polite, pretty stupid. In a group of millions, they are something to take very seriously.

Yet each human being alone, has views, passions, goals, hopes, and fears. When I think of what can happen when all of those complex views mesh, think of just how far and how fast we can go. Humans have the somewhat odd quality of being loners, as well as both herd, and pack animals. I can't think of any other species on Earth that is so diverse. That gives us the ability to adapt to a very wide range of conditions. I think as the internet becomes less expensive to access for any human on Earth, our diversity will only grow. And with that a potential I am just not smart enough to anticipate.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Thanks for that.

Predictions which most of the viewership will not live to declare true or false are very admirable. You're a modern day Nostradamus.

Glad I didn't miss this important thread.

new topics

top topics

join