It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Embassy in Iran attacked by dozens of protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Italian Embassy in Iran attacked by dozens of protesters

www.jpost.com

About 100 Iranians protested Tuesday in front of the Italian embassy in Teheran, shouting "Death to Italy, Death to Berlusconi, " Italy's foreign minister said. Protests were also held outside the French and Dutch embassies.

The protests came a week after Premier Silvio Berlusconi announced — in Israel — that Italy was scaling back its economic dealings with Iran and wanted tighter sanctions against the Teheran leadership. Italy has long been Teheran's biggest trading partner in the EU.

Television footage of the protests shown on Sky TG 24 showed protesters throwing stones and eg
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.miamiherald.com

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a sign of things to come, to me it seems like that whole region is going to be set a blaze in the near future. I hope the people of Iran can take there country back without outside help.>> "bombing" by Israel in particular............................................................................................................................................ ...............

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Don't we all want to take our countries back? America from the Bankers, Iranians from the Mullahs, Italians from the Mafia, Chinese from the Triads and corrupt officals, and so on.

I don't see the comparsion between a protest against the Italian embassy and Iranians 'wanting to take their country back?'

I know America and Israel wants Iranians to install a puppet government that bows to her every wishes but come on.

There is so much hypocrisy... Israel is planning to build nuclear power plants and already has hundreds of nukes and they are WAILING that Iran plans to do the same?

HUH???

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In all these year's, why haven't the protesters ever come up with a better line than; " Death to (fill in blank)" geez! How about something creative, say perhap's, " Flaming Hellfire to ____ " or " Destruction forever to _____" I mean with all of these people being upset for all this time, you think they would have set down and said, " I think our little slogan's getting a bit overused " time to move on and come up with a winner, after all if you can't even get a good slogan, how can you ever become a world player.....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

So do they think chanting death threats is going to improve trade relations?

[edit on 9-2-2010 by riley]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Maybe they should try; " Up with the Iranian economy " or " Death to poor quality control on Iranian product's "

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I thought that was the normal amount on a quiet day outside little satans Embassy
perhaps they got the wrong address??

On a serious note, not a good sign..

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I totally agree. The "Death to (target country here)" chant makes the world take them LESS seriously - I know I do. It's conterproductive because they don't communicate their anger in a rational logical manner - which, since they're dealing with the Western world, is a necessary skill.
Not to mention the fact, since they don't put a high value on the lives of others, others will not put a high value on their lives.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just more regime stunts - 100 protestors doesn't represent the majority, and actually humiliates the regime because they cannot even organise a decent number for a protest.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Silvio Burlesconi would dash out for another face-lift and hair transplant
if he couldn't see his name in the headlines each day

But of course, he could afford endless (and pointless) cosmetic surgery,
considering the senile old joke bends over for anyone who'll pay him

Wonder how much it cost Israel to get the old attention-whore to rattle his false teeth menacingly at Iran ?

but then of course, Israel can afford to pay off all the world leaders, considering American tax-payers willingly starve in the gutter in order they can send Israel billions of dollars every time Israel whines

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Silvio Burlesconi would dash out for another face-lift and hair transplant
if he couldn't see his name in the headlines each day

But of course, he could afford endless (and pointless) cosmetic surgery,
considering the senile old joke bends over for anyone who'll pay him

Wonder how much it cost Israel to get the old attention-whore to rattle his false teeth menacingly at Iran ?

but then of course, Israel can afford to pay off all the world leaders, considering American tax-payers willingly starve in the gutter in order they can send Israel billions of dollars every time Israel whines

I wanted to add to the last line of your post.

.......... like a bunch of self absorbed, self righteous, conceded, greedy, conniving, prejudiced, good for nothing babies.

Ok.. I feel better now.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I humbly stand corrected

and agree that your version is the superior and more correct one

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSecret
reply to post by freetree64

I totally agree. The "Death to (target country here)" chant makes the world take them LESS seriously - I know I do. It's conterproductive because they don't communicate their anger in a rational logical manner - which, since they're dealing with the Western world, is a necessary skill.
Not to mention the fact, since they don't put a high value on the lives of others, others will not put a high value on their lives.

If it had been dozens of people talking to the italian embassy we probably wouldn't have heard about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

True, but what is all their chanting going to get them? the respect of the world? it's more like watching a train wreck, those get a lot of attention too - but not in a good way

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Iranian militia attacks French, Italian, possibly Dutch embassies

In a well-coordinated offensive, pro-government Basijj militiamen in civilian dress hurled rocks and eggs at the Italian and French embassies in Tehran Tuesday, Feb. 9, shouting death to their respective leaders. Some reports say the Dutch embassy was also targeted. debkafile's Iranian sources report the attacks appear to have kicked off the campaign for "stunning" the West - as threatened by spiritual ruler Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, or "crushing" the West - in president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's words this week.

Our sources expect the government-instigated violence to escalate up to and including Thursday, Feb. 11, the start of anniversary events marking Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution. They are designed to raise international tensions around Iran to fever pitch to deter opposition leaders from staging their planned mass protest demonstrations lest they be accused of treason and collaborating with the Islamic republic's foreign foes.

The Iranian regime has a long score to settle with French president Nicolas Sarkozy and his ministers. They are the most outspoken of any Western critics of Iran, often citing intelligence input to prove Iran is running a military nuclear program and building a nuclear bomb.

Sarkozy also warns that Israel will not stand by and let this happen without resorting to a military offensive that will generate a major war drawing Middle Eastern and other nations into the conflict

Tehran's grievance against The Hague stems from the suspicion that the Dutch BVD national security service maintains the farthest-flung network of agents inside Iran of any other agency and the high quality of its intelligence on happenings inside the Islamic republic:

[edit on 9-2-2010 by john124]

top topics

join