It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

advise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We don't have the "Very" in our Grand Lodge, probably because I... errr... the Brethren would use it to devious ends.
I feel for your Past GL member not being able to keep his "VWB", see, I just want to crack a "Herbie" joke... it's just not "Right"... there I go again.

p.s. AK isn't it common for Mayors of towns to be addressed as "Right" in Canada?

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh, man, what a Can of Worms you have opened, MM.

(Little aside... while I was preparing research to answer this question I ran into this link. That is absolutely disgusting, and I would urge everyone to boycott this kind of BS.)

From what I can find, the title "Right Honourable" is given to all holders of offices traditionally appointed by the Privy Council (Prime Minister, Governor General, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court), while Honourable is used for regular Members of Parliament. Unfortunately, this means that when Members of Paliament are referring to the PM in the House, they will often call him "The Right Honourable Member." (In the House you cannot speak directly to someone else, all communication must go through Mr. or Madam Speaker.)

The Mayor is known as "His Worship XXX."

It gets a little odder for Americans when we're talking about Judges. Judges here are known as Mr. or Ms. or Miss or Mrs. Justice XXX. e.g. if I was ever made a Judge (not bloody likely!) I'd be known as "Mr. Justice Alex Kennedy." If I was ever made a member of the Supreme Court, I'd be "The Honourable Mr. Justice Alex Kennedy." If I was ever Chief Justice, I'd be "The Right Honourable Mr. Justice Alex Kennedy." What would happen if I was an MP and also Chief Justice? I'd die of exhaustion, that's what.

P.S. For you John Mortimer fans, that's why the Portia of the Chambers is known (after she becomes a Judge and has taken silk) as "Mrs. Justice Phyllida Erskine-Brown, Q.C."

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Oh, man, what a Can of Worms you have opened, MM.

(Little aside... while I was preparing research to answer this question I ran into this link. That is absolutely disgusting, and I would urge everyone to boycott this kind of BS.)

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

Full liquidation AK, I'll be "Your Majesty" by the end of the week! Think I'm intolerable now, wait till I get my "Blue Blood" transfusion via mail-order. This will be better than being "Enigmatic", maybe I can be the "Enigmatic Royal Highness"? Whoa, livin' large.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hey, if you have 3,500 pounds to spend so that people will call you "Lord of the Manour of Essex-Bilbo on Southeby" or whatever it is they're selling, knock yourself out. Or, you could give me the 3,500 pounds, and I'd sell you a sheet of paper that says you are "His Most Puissant and Serene Dancing Clown Majesty of Sully-on-Wold, Protector of the Protectorate of Protectra, Knight of the Shining Nose-Goblin, Lord over Lording it Over You, and Grand Dingus of the Royal Pavillion!" (The exclamation mark comes inclued. Extra exclamation marks are 100 Deutschmarks each).

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
I know you to be an intelligent and sensitive person. I don't want to argue whether people are or are not preforming "Demonic Rituals." I'm sure others know far well than me. But no such thing takes place in Masonry, I give you my word.

I know that Masonry in itself doesn't condone such things, but I know of certain people (not necessarily Masons) who do. They are the people I was talking about. I'm not saying that Masons are evil at all. Masonry is as valid as any other group. There are good ones and bad ones, just as there are good Wiccans and bad ones (hopefully, I'm one of the good ones
).

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
ELY, we REALLY need to hear from you.
You say you are being following and there is evilness present.
You don't know who is following you, etc. But, you "think" it might be freemason. If you are not sure, it might be best not to blame the Masons for your problem.

May I suggest you present the entire story of what you and your friend are experiencing? Maybe then the good folk at ATS can offer some suggestions to you? Believe me, there ae a lot of caring, intelligent people here, any one of which may be able to shed light on your dilemna.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join