It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen and The Militarization of Strategic Waterways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yemen and The Militarization of Strategic Waterways

blacklistednews.com

Among Washington’s strategic objectives is the militarization of major sea ways. This strategic waterway links the Mediterranean to South Asia and the Far East, through the Suez Canal, the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Among Washington’s strategic objectives is the militarization of major sea ways. This strategic waterway links the Mediterranean to South Asia and the Far East, through the Suez Canal, the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. Could this really all be coincidental regarding other motives, Im a bit curious regarding the area also due to what i have read regarding the stargate.

blacklistednews.com

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

Among Washington’s strategic objectives is the militarization of major sea ways. This strategic waterway links the Mediterranean to South Asia and the Far East, through the Suez Canal, the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. Could this really all be coincidental regarding other motives, Im a bit curious regarding the area also due to what i have read regarding the stargate.

blacklistednews.com

Are you speaking of the Watcher stargate? I read somewhere on here that there is 1 located close to there.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i cant remember the name, to be honest i was suprised how many talk about it on forums is there any evidence? The thing is though i read that there was a build up of ships there a while ago, also on you tube. Could that actually be the real reason? and the war was a stepping stone or a smoke screen as to why theyre really there? How much do people know about these star gates? Is there actually proof that theres one in that region? And not pirates either?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

do you have a link?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Aaron McCollum : Gulf of Aden Project Seagate

Aaron McCollum is a very bright straight-shooter who is coming forward at this time to raise awareness regarding what he believes is going on in the Gulf of Aden.

He considers himself to be a "third generation member of the MKUltra Project Talent", the same project that Duncan O'Finioan and Dave Corso were a part of. Specifically, he was involved from a young age in a top secret program called Project Seagate. More about this to come in a second interview. He is a former leader of a special unit for the U.S. Coast Guard and is coming forward at great risk because he firmly believes the time to speak out is now.

Interview video is inside the link. True or not it's rather new as far as I know. Going to take some time before people figure this out.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Thanks for that

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The original source for the story in the OP is globalresearch.

For much more on the Yemen situation, the seaway choke point and how the 'Underwear Bomber' figures into this, keeping an eye on that website is educational.

There seems to be a 'need' for a war in Yemen because the American backed government is financially weak and threatened by anti-American forces within the country itself.

Step 1: Underwear Bomber trained in Yemen
Step 2: Al Qaida found in Yemen
Step 3: Military aid to Yemeni Government to fight rebels
Step 4 will be boots on the ground if 1-3 fails.

Reason underlying it all? Oil and military shipping through the choke point.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Im starting to wonder though if oil really is the motive because i am starting to have my doubts. Im thinking bigger than that.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Oil still [imo] figures prominently, but the movement of warships is even more important.

Edit to add... the use of Suez canal is a huge advantage if you want to move military equipment from Europe to the far east.

[edit on 9/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
due to what i have read regarding the stargate.

Well there goes any hope of this topic providing any sort of intelligent discussion.

Advice: Don't ruin your own threads by bringing in wildly unsubstantiated claims from left field. Lets stick to the fact-based reality which most of the sane world calls home.

The militarization could be for oil. It could be to intimidate Iran. It could be to participate in the on-going conflicts in Yemen and Somalia.

It could be for any or all of the above, really. I don't know what it's for. But I do know what it's not for: a stargate. It's not for a stargate anymore than it is to defend the infidel Santa Claus from being shot down by Muslim extremists.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Where did you read the fact that a stargate doesnt exist? At what point did i say they existed, i merely asked if anyone knew. Its just that the excuse for oil is starting to wear a bit thin now and is totally obvious really isnt it?
How many times has war been blamed on a quest for oil, people will start realizing this, i mean look days after Haiti it was said that theres a substantial amount of oil below, it was immediate. Then it was blamed on weather manipulating technology etc etc.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Ah, I see. So this is simply the natural progression of causes for war, right?

In cavemen times it may have been for food. In recent times it may have been for oil. But now that's all changed and it's for stargates.

Seems logical. Stargates are clearly in higher demand nowadays than natural resources.

My bad. Hopefully I can soon purchase stargates at Wal-Mart. They'll be manufactured in China before long.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Has it begun?
2nd

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
yes military protection of that seaway is a must. if china does become a major sea power they could be projecting power in the region very fast and with out that water way our navy or european navues would either have to go around horn of africa which is very dangerous waters or cross the pacific and indian oceans.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
The original source for the story in the OP is globalresearch.

For much more on the Yemen situation, the seaway choke point and how the 'Underwear Bomber' figures into this, keeping an eye on that website is educational.

There seems to be a 'need' for a war in Yemen because the American backed government is financially weak and threatened by anti-American forces within the country itself.

Step 1: Underwear Bomber trained in Yemen
Step 2: Al Qaida found in Yemen
Step 3: Military aid to Yemeni Government to fight rebels
Step 4 will be boots on the ground if 1-3 fails.

Reason underlying it all? Oil and military shipping through the choke point.

Funny how things have turned out now given the date i posted this thread.

top topics

join