It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Sarah Palin Name TriG After The Trisomy G (Tri G) Chromosone That Causes Down's?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Tried and sadly failed. Back to the thread.

OMG. How can you accuse Palin - through the posting of this thread and your acceptance of the premise - of using her child's name as a sick joke and not think that was demeaning - to her and her child? The kid's life will be tough enough as it is. But kids also read what's posted on the internet or hear their parents discuss it. And so you still fail to see how you may be contributing to Trig's tough life by posting trash such as this, and agreeing with it?

My metaphor was to try - unsuccessfully it seems - and get you to think about how you would react if someone accused you of doing the same thing. Any real parent would be mad as hell at anyone suggesting such a thing. The fact that you cannot even seem to understand the concept of that is what makes me doubt your claim to being a parent.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It hasnt happened to me and I am not the one accusing her of using her kids name as a sick joke, I am posting an article that does that, and trying to discuss the validity and other aspects that could be conspiratorially related. Thats all.

And my bringing focus to the name debate is not demeaning to Sarah. I consider Sarah demeaning her own child by not thinking this name through, so thus we are not in agreement on the issue. But I appreciate your pov, and and am glad you posted it in the thread with your clarification. (Unlike a lot of members here, I love opposing views, because I get to rebut them, thus furthering debate.)

So in my opinion, I think Sarah is demeaning. In yours, I am the one who is demeaning. I disagree.

I also do not feel you have proven I am a serial Palin "basher", so your accusal of my thread being merely another Palin Bash Fest is superfluous to the topic, and an attempt to politically derail my thread, which I have already stated my theory and questions the original Sullivan article raised.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Your exact words from your original post:

TriG for short.

get it?

Does Sarah have a nasty sense of humor or what?

Here is a link to the original article in which I found this amazing coincidence (hypocrisy) laid out for all to see.

Palin doesn't spell the name as "TriG". You did.

Despite your attempted denials (oh, it wasn't me who said this), you are quite guilty of attempting to use a politician's child with a disability in an attack thread against Palin.

Feel like using Obama's kids, Palin's Kids, Bush's kids, or any politicians's kids in an attempt to attack the parent?

Resolve to take the high road and just say no.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You stated that you wonder why people would name their children after a disease. Well, here is your answer...........STUPIDITY. Plain and simple, when I was pregnant with my daughter I went to a discussion board all about babies, and they had a whole thread about baby names. Do you know how many people name their daughters ADDISON? That's a skin disease. So many women on that board would tell people, hey that's a skin disease, and the women would say, oh but it's such a pretty name. Really, what is wrong with people. Or my favorite. Allegra........sure it's Italian or Spanish or something, but it's also the name of a drug........go to any school and see how many kindergarteners are named Addison and Allegra.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
not to pick fights, but This whole thread was in poor taste. going after Palin is one thing, but going after her family is the crap liberals pull. Which is the main reason I now am conservative. just how mean progressives can be.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't think she deliberately named her child after the disease. I am no Palin fan, but I can't believe any mother would do that.

To me the name "Trig" sounds kinda western and cowboyish.

Palin has other qualities and beliefs that are much more "debateable" than what she named her child.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7

You stated that you wonder why people would name their children after a disease. Well, here is your answer...........STUPIDITY. Plain and simple, when I was pregnant with my daughter I went to a discussion board all about babies, and they had a whole thread about baby names. Do you know how many people name their daughters ADDISON? That's a skin disease. So many women on that board would tell people, hey that's a skin disease, and the women would say, oh but it's such a pretty name. Really, what is wrong with people. Or my favorite. Allegra........sure it's Italian or Spanish or something, but it's also the name of a drug........go to any school and see how many kindergarteners are named Addison and Allegra.

Your post suffers from stupidity. Are you still suffering from pregnancy brain?

"Addison's Disease" was named after Dr. Thomas Addison. Yes, that's right - it was a REAL NAME before it was named after a disease. Look it up.

And Allegra is the Italian word for "Happy". Lord Byron named his illegitimate daughter Allegra and that was LONG before a drug with the same name was ever invented.

You need to consider therapy. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
To the OP - the question you pose is about as stupid as the following:

Let's say you named your child "Johnny". And let's say that before you had your child I found out that you had ordered and received several books on toilet repair.

Holy cow! You MUST have named your son Johnny because of what you read in one of those books!

Seriously... Isn't it MORE LIKELY that Palin received a book on Tri G that causes Down's prior to her child being born BECAUSE her doctor informed her sometime during her pregnancy of the baby's condition and Palin, being a responsible mother, wanted to read up on the subject and know what to expect?

Of course not! Because being that this is ATS there MUST be some sort of CONSPIRACY involved and since Sarah Palin is the target of CHOICE these days, there is no shortage of material and gullible idiots to believe the crock of # that your shoveling.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Thank you for the research, I was on a board with hormonal women, but I still wouldn't name my kid after a doctor who discovered a disease and named said disease after himself. That's bizarre. And yes, Allegra is Italian, I said that, but in AMERICA it's the name of a DRUG! Who names their kids in AMERICA after a drug or a disease.........no matter how the drug or disease got THEIR NAME. It's sick, and I stand by that statement. No pregnancy hormones or head check needed here thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
reply to post by sos37

Thank you for the research, I was on a board with hormonal women, but I still wouldn't name my kid after a doctor who discovered a disease and named said disease after himself. That's bizarre. And yes, Allegra is Italian, I said that, but in AMERICA it's the name of a DRUG! Who names their kids in AMERICA after a drug or a disease.........no matter how the drug or disease got THEIR NAME. It's sick, and I stand by that statement. No pregnancy hormones or head check needed here thank you.

You seem to have automatically assumed the OP's premise - that Palin named her child after his condition - is correct, when there was absolutely no proof given to back that up.

Paraphrasing Jeff Foxworthy:

If you automatically believe every negative thing said about Palin, you too could be a palinophobe.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Wellin MY experiences as nurse, ladies don't know all about these thing. Like medical or dna's? If she doesnt knows about dna's and such things she will have done these name as accident mabye? Because she name children as I know, different names. But if she knows about dna's she mabey do it for fun in a bad way?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No way she did it on purpose.

Upper-class, yuppy, angry, rich, and snotty people would surprise you. Especially when they're given the tiniest bit of power.

Why else would she, herself, make such a big deal about "look at me, i have a child with downs"

As if she weren't like millions of other couples who deal with the same thing and get ZERO credit.

Its too much akin to have a Vietnamese child and naming him "Charlie".

To me, TRIG is too much of a coincidence not to be as the OP suggests.

But then again - i am biased, and believe Sarah Palin is one of the few people on this planet who is a naturally "evil" person (i don't use "Evil" in the biblical sense, just in the bad person sense...but "bad person" doesn't quite describe her strongly enough)

cowgirlstraitup7 said:

but in AMERICA it's the name of a DRUG!

Actually - the name Allegra in this country existed long before the drug. The name Allegra basically means "gay and jaunty" or happy.

You can't possibly be jaunty or happy when you have a bad allergy attack. So i guess thats why they named the drug "Allegra"

It actually makes a lot of sense if you actually take the time to research it before you begin to talk about it

To use your logic, any one in this country named Ben or Jerry is named after ICE CREAM!

hotbakedtater said:

She [Sarah Palin] is also a politician, and a governor.

Uhh...if you consider her to be the governor of stupidity - then, yes, you're true. But in case you haven't been keeping up with current events....she's not the Gov. of Alaska anymore. She walked out on her people.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by krankenschwester

Oh I keep up with Sarah Palin. I love her entertainment value, and love watching her on TV.

I know she is no longer governor of Alaska. She is a quitter, and a political sell out....Fox News, here I come!

What better way to promote a run for President, she now has an entire channel to promote her, and she gets paid for it now!

In General:

Like I said in my defense of this thread, this is NOT a stupid woman. She is smart and calculating.

Playing dumb gets you the support of dumb people, and America is full of dumb people. Lots and lots of them. Sarah is going to get those voters to the booths if she has to hold their precious hands to walk them in.

Obama however will fight this move by allowing for illegal immigrants to become REAL CITIZENS thus gaining a HUGE minority vote.

Are their more dummies in America for politicians to manipulate?

Or do minorities to manipulate weigh in heaviest for our politicians?

At any rate in an over all abstract way, the mini explosion of conjecture and outrage and disbelief and defense of a woman and her child's name comes IMO, RIGHT ON CUE. In time to push her book. (hey the Levi stuff was just dying down, so this mini nonsense debate about a kids name fills the void for the moment).

What will be next for Sarah Palin?

You can bet I will watch and see!

If I am guilty of "using" Sarah's child to demean her, am I alone? Does the child's mother hold no blame? She has "used" that baby since before he was born (just read about her birth saga). She has trotted him on stage where I saw confusion on his little face. She "used" him in the arms of her pregnant daughter, whom she "used" for many many many many many many media stories.

JUST RECENTLY she "used" Bristol to appear on a talk show and talk about chastity.

Who is using whom to demean?

I will defend myself for starting a thread on this, because it helps expose Sarah for who she is, JUST ANOTHER POLITICIAN, like all the rest. LIKE ALL THE REST.

Except she pimps her children out for photo ops more than any other politician on the stage right now.

I am not a palinophobe. I am a politicianophobe, lol!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Complete idiotic tripe is the basis of this OP.

Let us keep up the vitriolic idiocy folks.

I think she named him after Trigonometry because she was bad at math. /s

Jeez!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Her youngest is 4-month-old Trig Paxson, whose first name is Norse for "true" or "strength" and whose middle name comes from one of his mother's favorite spots in Alaska.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

How did Trig get his name? Trig is named after a great uncle who was a Bristol Bay fisherman. Paxson is the name of a popular snowmachining area in Alaska.

Maybe it just, is what it is.
www.sarah-palin-is-cool.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

It is ironic but then I am a firm believer in synchronicity.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You can't disguise your total dislike for Palin, fine. It's only your opinion and we recognize that.

But you could decide that using her disabled son and his name as a political shill in a reprehensible attempt to express your dislike for Palin here on ATS is something that you shouldn't have done and that you now disavow.

We understand that the typical liberal palinophobe is pathologically incapable of admitting fault with what they post - even when proven wrong. Let's see if you are any different.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You may be on to something there. It certainly ties in well with a diagnosis of NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder).

I disagree with you with regard to her "intelligence" on the basis that she is a Classic Somatic type Narcissist. Now she certainly thinks she is intelligent. Her pathological self-love demands it.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
You may be on to something there. It certainly ties in well with a diagnosis of NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder).

I disagree with you with regard to her "intelligence" on the basis that she is a Classic Somatic type Narcissist. Now she certainly thinks she is intelligent. Her pathological self-love demands it.

You'll be posting the medical credentials you possess in order to make such a diagnosis?

Without them you are the one that posesses all the symptoms of a Classic type palinophobe.

[edit on 2/15/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You'll be posting the medical credentials you possess in order to make such a diagnosis?

"YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!!" :LOL:

I am a Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D), not an M.D. But let's be real. Seeing Obama's birth certificate didn't convince you so why should I believe my professional credentials would? And why should I care?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Wow OP, well done, I finally got through the whole thread and I've got to commend you, I wish the people in my newsroom had put two and two together as well as you did! Even if it is pure and total ignorance, which I really do hope it is, it's still the damned funniest thing I've heard regarding Palin yet!

In earnest though I do truly hope that it is a dumb coincidence and a lack of information on the part of the Palin family that the poor kid got this name. If she did willingly name her kid for that gene, she is one terrifying and evil woman.

Even if there is an off chance that such a thing could be true, I would bet there is a cover story if so. The only way it would even be possible to bring this out in the media would be if it had been made some kind of inside joke and someone came out against her and aired the laundry so to speak. It's a rare shot, and not the kind of journalism we do where I work to be sure. There are a lot of other media outlets in the United Kingdom and America that do though, and it will be interesting to see what more insanity they pull up on Palin over the next couple years. Oh dear, now you actually have me thinking about looking in the Daily Mail from time to time, horrid thought that. HAHA!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join