It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Sarah Palin Name TriG After The Trisomy G (Tri G) Chromosone That Causes Down's?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When I ran across the following information in my many travels about the internet (being laid off is good for my trivial pursuit knowledge), something in my mind clicked and said, OMG.

I guess because she has been crowing recently about Rahm E.'s JR High School remarks regarding the word retard.

Palin Calls For Rahm's Removal Over Use Of Word Retard

But, is Sarah herself even MORE hypocritical than we thought?

It was her hypocrisy in accepting Rush's use of the word that most of us found to be the hypocrisy.

But I found more than that (and so have others), and it is beyond disturbing.

Her son Trig was born with Down's syndrome, which is caused by trisomy g.

www.merck.com...

"Down syndrome (trisomy 21, trisomy G) is a chromosomal disorder resulting in mental retardation and physical abnormalities."

Trisomy G, or TriG, for short.

TriG for short.

get it?

Does Sarah have a nasty sense of humor or what?

Here is a link to the original article in which I found this amazing coincidence (hypocrisy) laid out for all to see.

andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com...

As awful as people make this woman out to be, does anyone REALLY think she named her retarded baby TriG for this reason? I know when I was pregnant I read everything I could on babies. She had to know the baby was going to have Down's, so I ASSume she had read some information from her DR about what causes Down's.

I used to like Sarah, (not for her politics) but for her antics.

With this to contemplate, I don't know if I can even stand her anymore.

When my babies were born, I ran through every ugly nickname a classmate could ever think of to twist the beautiful names I chose for my angels. What kind of mom is Sarah Palin for not doing the same?

I think more than anything else I have heard attributed to this woman, THIS makes me the sickest.

That poor baby.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think you figured it out - it was just pure ignorance. No way she did it on purpose. Ironic she couldn't see how someone somewhere would make the connection.

I could go on and on but I can't believe the "right" considers her the next big thing. She's a quitter, and a female version of Bush.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I believe she named him Trig because she thought the Norse meaning of the name meant "true" and "Brave Victory" I find it very hard to believe she would have named him after Trisomy G that caused his Down's syndrome.

By the way, my nephew is named Trig, he's 11 and does not have Down's Syndrome. It's an old family name.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think your looking to much into to it, She may have not thought like you when it came to naming her kids, For gods sake she has one named Britsol.... So dont get your panites in a bundle just yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
At best its weird and bad coincidence. I really hope that she didn't name him Trig for that reason. I still think its possible she didnt know mainly because I've read quite a bit about chromosomal abnormalities including Tri21 and this is the first time I've heard it refered to as TriG.
Lately I've become lukewarm to her. While I really like her stance on second Amendment rights but I am turned off by someone who has so many insainly named kids. Also the fact that she quite being governor right in the middle of her term 'for the children' really irritates me and makes me lose faith in her.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by FunSized]

[edit on 9-2-2010 by FunSized]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Found this in google cache, proving my ASSumption that indeed, Sarah Palin DID receive a book about Down Syndrome from her DR:

"he doctor's announcement in December, when Palin was four months pregnant, presented her with a possible life- and career-changing development.

"I've never had problems with my other pregnancies, so I was shocked," said Palin.

"It took a while to open up the book that the doctor gave me about children with Down syndrome, and a while to log on to the Web site and start reading facts about the situation."

So if she REALLY did this research, it SHOULD have dawned on her that TriG is NOT the best choice for a name.

I am also disturbed by Levi Johnson's claims that Sarah and him made fun of the baby by calling TriG her little retard, or something foul like that. There doesn't seem to be much evidence for it, and of course, Sarah blaasted back with this statement:

"In a bitter reply, the mother of five said in a statement that: "We have purposefully ignored the mean spirited, malicious, untrue attacks on our family."

Only she hasn't. Just saying.

"We, like many, are appalled at the inflammatory statements being made or implied," Palin's statement continued. "Trig is our 'blessed little angel' who knows it and is lovingly called that every single day of his life."

Source

Notice she never says she didnt say it.

Now, couple this with her odd choice of a name for the poor kid, it sounds more believable. Add into that the recent flap over Rahm and Rush, well.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Of course Levi Is the best source to get information from considering, he takes pot shots at the Palin Family....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I also wanted to add this. I do NOT buy the Sarah Palin is stupid nonsense. Not one bit. She is NOT stupid.

She is also a politician, and a governor. She obviously goes to great pains over her appearance, so she knows that how she looks to her public is an important part of the game (of politics). Why would a woman who was able to run a state not able to figure out how naming her baby TriG could cause unwanted pain and anguish on down the political road?

She is a public figure, so what she does is under extra scrutiny.

Apparently this is story is now getting a lot of play, and why is that?

Sarah's own hypocrisy by having to chastise Rahm!

Every time you turn around, Sarah brings us more media to devour, most of it due to her own mouth. Here we are still discussing her, even though she was merely vp candidate (not even a first) who lost her bid!!

She DOES have a book out right now.

Sarah Palin stupid?

I would NOT be surprised if Sarah herself did not turn Sullivan on to this now exploding 'newstory'.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FunSized
While I really like her stance on second Amendment rights but I am turned off by someone who has so many insainly named kids.

This is the attitude that will ruin America one day - not common sense, but petty sensibilities. I don't like Palin by a long mile, but get this: if she named her kids perfectly normal names, such as Hussein, Zuhra and Abdullah, you'd still hold THAT against her -- not the fact that she is epically unqualified for office regardless of her "stance on second Amendment".

I personally don't give a flying toss about names. George W Bush has a very normal name and in presidency, he was a moron and arguably a criminal.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
IMO the lowest form of palinophobia - using a child of hers with a disability to once again create a Palin attack thread.

Can liberals get any more "mean spirited" than this?

Afraid we'll find out soon as palinophobia seems to spread even faster than H1N1.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I am not a palinophobic. I am a grown woman, and as thus, am not afeared of politicians. I don't even think I have started a Palin thread before, and I don't subscribe to labels any more. (liberal)

I started this thread because I am a mother. I am not as educated as Miss Palin. I am not as famous, I am not rich, and I am just an average (not above not below typical average) woman. Yet with all of her advantages over mine, this woman goes and gives her poor little angel such a name, one that can easily be inferrred as a sick joke!!

Look how quickly this story is exploding on the internet; coincidentally, the timing is great for Sarah, who has a book to sell.

And with that last line, enters the conspiracy, making my thread on topic for the website, not just some random Palin Bash Fest.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
IMO the lowest form of palinophobia - using a child of hers with a disability to once again create a Palin attack thread.

With all due respect, the "Palinophobes" as you define them still mostly focus on specific issues with Palin's capacity. This thread is more of an exception.

GWB demonstrated that a mediocre character can be catapulted to ethereal heights in this country. I don't want a repeat of this in Palin. Again, I don't care if her kids are named Ivan, Olushola or Chromosome.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I do not care for Palin. I think she is unintelligent, frankly. I think she has some, just some, street smarts. I think she is extremely over-confident in herself and that is how she has sold her goods. As a person, I might find her an interesting or fun person, but I want any leader of our country to be thoughtfully intelligent. She has shown herself to be mean-spirited, brash, a player, a quitter(this is a big one), contradictory, and can not hold up to the deep scrutiny of a leadership position. Not that many could. I have voted democrat, republican, and independent. My point being, stop making this into a liberal hate fest on her, and understand that many just do not trust her no matter their party.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

I am not a palinophobic. I am a grown woman, and as thus, am not afeared of politicians. I don't even think I have started a Palin thread before, and I don't subscribe to labels any more. (liberal)

Well, you had to start somewhere.

I started this thread because I am a mother. I am not as educated as Miss Palin. I am not as famous, I am not rich, and I am just an average (not above not below typical average) woman. Yet with all of her advantages over mine, this woman goes and gives her poor little angel such a name, one that can easily be inferrred as a sick joke!!

Hard to believe you are a parent. As a parent, I would stand up to anyone using my child's name for any purpose, not do it myself. You'd actually be OK with someone starting a thread saying your little johnny was named after a toilet? Right.

Look how quickly this story is exploding on the internet; coincidentally, the timing is great for Sarah, who has a book to sell.

Palinophobes such as yourself are desperate for each and any new morsel they can use to satisfy their feeding frenzy.

And with that last line, enters the conspiracy, making my thread on topic for the website, not just some random Palin Bash Fest.

Look around here a little more. Palinophobia must be about the most popular topic of discussion here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I am outraged at the outrage in here.

1. Emanuel's use of the word "retarded" to describe something is about as retarded as calling for his removal over using it.

2. Even if Palin did name her kid specifically after the Tri G chromosome intentionally, I fail to see how this is a bad thing. Calling attention to the chromosome defect responsible by naming your child after it seems to be more educational than demeaning.

3. By continuously bringing up Palin's name over all manner of absolute nonsense, all the left is doing is providing her with more credibility.

In case you missed the memo, 75% of America is pissed off at the federal government right now. When the left bashes someone, all they do is demean their own position as a bunch of childish ad hom spewing zealots while lending credibility to the opposition.

If the left really wanted to marginalized Palin they could do more by simply ignoring her.

Logical arguments over positions are what matters. When people have lost their logical arguments on the merits, they turn to personal attacks.

This is why the freedom movement has been so successful. Attacks are directed at policy and generally not at people. When I watch left wing and neo-con news sources, all I see is ad hom nonsense over inane useless garbage such as this.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

My point being, stop making this into a liberal hate fest on her, and understand that many just do not trust her no matter their party.

Perhaps easier to do if you have not been here as long as I have. Long enough to know who is who and what their affiliations are.

And I never said I liked her for any particular elected office. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to keep beating this dead horse, and how foolish it ultimately makes the people doing it look when there are plenty of current elected officials that could use some of your scrutiny and wrath.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hard to believe you are a parent. As a parent, I would stand up to anyone using my child's name for any purpose, not do it myself. You'd actually be OK with someone starting a thread saying your little johnny was named after a toilet? Right.

Palinophobes such as yourself are desperate for each and any new morsel they can use to satisfy their feeding frenzy.

I do not understand why you are personalizing this debate, by questioning me as a parent, vs. the topic of the discussion. I am just a vessell for the information. I am not the one who named my child after the disease he was born with.

And what do you mean by the statement? It doesn't make sense. I did not name my child after a toilet either. What does "not do it yourself" mean? Do you mean don't call your child names, like Sarah is purported to have done?

Clarify please.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I do not understand why you are personalizing this debate, by questioning me as a parent, vs. the topic of the discussion. I am just a vessell for the information. I am not the one who named my child after the disease he was born with.

And what do you mean by the statement? It doesn't make sense. I did not name my child after a toilet either. What does "not do it yourself" mean? Do you mean don't call your child names, like Sarah is purported to have done?

Clarify please.

Sorry, to have to put it this way, but if you don't even remember what you've said and don't already understand what I've said, then I doubt any amount of clarification would help you do so.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Clarify please.

Sorry, to have to put it this way, but if you don't already understand what I've said, then I doubt any amount of clarification would help you do so.

OK, I understand, but did not expect someone who had such a viscerally opposing view of the OP as mine, would essentially drop out and refuse to clarify his own points so quickly in the thread. I expected clarification of the statement, As a parent, I would stand up to anyone using my child's name for any purpose, not do it myself. You made this statement, I just wondered what it meant. It implies I call my own children names, and since we do not know each other, I assume you mis spoke and did not mean me personally, so I wanted clarification. Sorry you are unable to supply it for me.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, then.

And this thread is for the discussion of why on earth a loving mother would name her child after his disease. And, was it intentional? AND, why the story is breaking so hot and heavy JUST as her book is being heavily promoted.

NONE of those reasons come close to serial palin bashing, of which you loudly accuse me, then promptly drop out when I ask you to expound on your stern statements.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'll be nice to you and take my further clarifications for you off line ...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join