It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird dream, summer 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hey gang,

Allright usually when I read posts on dreams I usually think they (dreams) are completly subjective. Just your brains way of monkeying with your sub-consciencse. However, this dream I had last summer, well shook me up.
sorry for spelling and grammar errors
It started with me laying down on my bed, I was sleeping. It felt as though I started to vibrate. Like really vibrating to the core of my being. I heard a humming noise that got progressivly louder. I was starting to freak out at this point and the worst was yet to come. As I was vibrating, I felt two hands on either side of head grabbing my head. These hands felt very much like claws, one finger on each side at my temple two others above and below my eyes. The vibrating begun to get more intense and I felt as though whatever had a hold of me, was trying to get something out of me. Suddenly I woke up. I sat up on my bed and made a note of the time. It was around a quarter to 4 in the morning. As I lay back down the covers were slowly being pulled down from me from the foot of my bed. The violent vibrating shaking begun again and I reliazed that i had dreamt waking up. The claw hands found there place on my head and I felt as though whatever this being was, it was trying to get something from me, for lack of better words I felt it was after my soul or essence. Once again I woke up, jumped out of bed and walked towards my living room. I looked at my kitchen clock and saw that it was it shortly after 3:30 A.M. I entered my living room and noticed that I wasn't alone. There was a man, dressed in a dark suit. I was startled. I asked what he was doing in my apartment. He replied, I just need you to do something for me. I thought well this is bizzare , yup this is a dream. I responded with "what would you like me to do?" He answered I need you to sit on this mantel. Out of the shadows from the corner of my living room a dark chair appeared. I knew I was dreaming for sure now. I replied with profanity for him to leave my apartment as i was going back to bed. I went to lay back down on my bed and pulled up the covers. Once more they were ripped off of me. The suited man was at the foot of my bed he said all he wanted me to do was sit on his mantel. I layed back down and thought this is a dream I will wake up. Sure enough I woke up, so I thought. I walked back to my living room and noticed the mantel chair was still in the corner. I looked at the time and it was 20 or minutes past 3 am. I heard a knock at my door. I went to the door and it was my mom, which I thought was strange since she was overseas at the time. I let her in and she begun to plead to me to sit on the mantel. I deduced obvioulsy i was still dreaming this messed up dream. I told her I want nothing to do the chair/mantel. I looked back at the chair and my mom was gone. In her place was the same suited gentleman. He asked me why I was scared to sit in the chair, I responded " I would not sit in the chair no matter how many times he would ask me". He then grinned at me and said" what you think you are the first, your not the first and you won't be the last". At this point I knew, yup evil chair..lol.
I was going to leave my apartment and I ran out of it, I somehow ran back in. I felt trapped. I noticed that my dog was whimpering and bleeding. The suited man told me he would heal her if I sat on the mantle that she would be okay. My dog was currently at my parents and I knew this was another illusion just like my mom. I declined. He then got into my face and started to yell at me to sit on the chair, it was important I do it before 3:00 am. For some odd reason time was running backwards. I couldn't think of anything else to say or do as I was being trapped with illusions. I recited the Our Father prayer which was a feat, since i'm not religious at all. As I started, my tongue swelled up and I could not speak. The suited gentleman was mocking me.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by MrRoboto]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
continued---

I ran to my balcony and noticed it was raining. To wake myself up I knew that if I put my out streched hands in front of me, I could feel the rain and somehow knew I could wake myself up. No go, I stood there for several moments and decided to go back into the living room and wait until 3:00 am. Then hopefully he would go away. My tongue at this point was relativley back to normal. The suited gentleman continued to mock me and he was cornering me into, well the corner where the chair/mantle sat. He was getting progessively angier with me that I wasn't following his simple request, he backed me on the chair, I could feel the seat hitting the back of my knees. I looked at the time and it was less than 5 minutes past 3:00 am. I recited the our father prayer once more. The suited mans face got somewhat distorted and he was literally in my face yelling at me. My tongue swelled up once more, this time something happened. behind me I could hear a chorus of voices behind me. Not saying the prayer with me but, it's hard to explain. It was intertwined voices almost like whispers and hums and speech all in one. I could feel a bright light behind me, somthing to this day I can't articulate into words. The suited gentleman reacted with what looked like pain and frustration. At that moment I woke up once more. I looked around my room, heart racing. I jumped....leapt out of bed and ran into the living. No chair/mantle in the corner. I walked to my balcony and let the rain fall on me. I knew I was really awake this time. The time was shortly after 5:00 am. I didn't go back to sleep. I emailed a friend and collegue the exprience before I forgot it, incase it was just a dream.

Now this is where I need some insight. I don't think this was simply a dream, nor do I think my brain was working out some problem.

I'm not religious at all, so thats now out of the way.

To this I ask you my friends at ATS, what the heck do you think this was all about?

Thank you in advance

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
When you use words like 'uber' it turns off many people to your thread, especially when said word are used in your thread title. I'm not one to believe in dreams but some are so I hope you can find the answers you seek...best of luck.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
No idea about the dream/chair, but the vibration thing is something many people speak of before having an out of body experience.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
thanks for the advice on the word "uber" does sound juvenile.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I dream that someday, someone, somewhere will invent paragraphs that will make long stories more inviting to read. lol.

weird situation to find yourself in during the middle of the night tho, at least it has not re-occured which torments many people.

There are many planes to our existence, maybe you were just experiencing another one of them. Fortunately nature has put barriers in place to keep them well apart, but sometimes those barriers get breached. Our subconscious seems to hold the key to crossing those barriers.

Have you tried to lucid dream since ?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRoboto

It felt as though I started to vibrate. Like really vibrating to the core of my being. I heard a humming noise that got progressivly louder.
What you describe there are very common symptoms of a person close to achieving astral projection. For some reason, it does seem like this suited man was trying to rip your soul from your body...but that's where my analysis ends...I can't really say how or why this suited man was trying to do this...maybe once your spirit is free from its physical capsule devouring your soul/essence becomes an easy task for what seems like a highly advanced ethereal being (an evil one, mind you)...as for the chair/mantel, who knows...maybe his initial attempt at ripping your soul from your body failed because you became aware of what was happening...and the chair/mantel acted as some sort of device which does the same thing when you choose to sit in it...I really have no idea...it's certiantly a highly odd dream though...

top topics

join