It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite colors tests shows CEOs are different

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

This is the one I got too ... and for me it is pretty accurate ... I am free-spirited by nature and I have written one and a half books to date. By trade I am a PLR Therapist so definately flexible. Very interesting.

Woody

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Seems that it chooses 'Creator' for first choice a lot !

Tho my 2nd choice fits better...

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a PERSUADER
Keywords:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

* Section I: You and Your Team
This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents—the tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
* Section II: Your Key To Success
Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
* Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses
Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
* Section IV: Leadership Power Moves
This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.

PLUS they need to spell colour correctly...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The question we will never know the answer too is: now does the test have limited answers?

Or do like minded people gather on ATS?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This latest colour test was doubtless based on the Lucher Colour Test of decades ago

I still have the Luscher Colour Test book. It came with coloured cards, like this online version

Interestingly, the Luscher Colour Test, if used over an extended period, showed marked differences in people over the years

Many members of my family took the Luscher version about thirty years ago and I wrote down all the results and stuck them in the back of the book

Occasionally I or members of my own family do the test again, sometimes after five or ten years. It shows that people change over time

The Luscher Colour Test was billed as a 'personality test' at one time

This is a link I found a moment ago, for those interested:
supervert.com...
(I haven't tried the above online test myself)

Here's another link to take the test
www.colour-experience.org...
(haven't tried this one either .. just picking them at random from Search)

And here's the Wikipedia entry for Luscher:

The Lüscher color test is a psychological test invented by Dr. Max Lüscher in Basel, Switzerland. Max Lüscher believed that sensory perception of color is objective and universally shared by all, but that color preferences are subjective, and that this distinction allows subjective states to be objectively measured by using test colors.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Wiki entry for Max Luscher himself:

Max Lüscher (2005)Max Lüscher (born 9 September 1923, Basel, Switzerland) is a Swiss psychotherapist. He is known for inventing the Lüscher color test, a tool for measuring the person's psychophysical state based on his or her color preferences. Besides research, teaching and practicing psychotherapy in Basel, Lüscher worked for international companies, amongst other things giving color advice. His book “The Lüscher Test” has been translated into more than 30 languages.

en.wikipedia.org...

The test-colors from the Lüscher Color-Diagnosis are selected according to the same category. Therefore the patient’s choice of color shows the state of their psychosomatic and emotional status and how they feel about themselves. It is further one of many well known test-diagnostic proceedings by testing children on the area of educational psychology.

Lüscher relates to his four fundamental colors to the following fundamental categories:

Blue: Contentment[1]
Feeling of belonging, the inner connection and the relationship to one’s partner.

“How I feel towards a person that is close to me”
Green: Self-respect[2]
Inner control of willpower and the capacity to enjoy.

“The way I want to be”
Red: Self confidence[3]
Activity, drive and the reaction to challenges.

“How I react to challenges”
Yellow: Development[4]
Attitude of anticipation, attitude towards future development and towards new encounters.

“What I expect for the future”

The Luscher Colour Test book was copyrighted 1969 I believe

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
TIP: if you're planning to take colour tests, it might be better if you didn't read the following claims re: the meanings of colour choices, or it could skew your choices in the tests, and thus your results

Colours:

RED represents passion and energy. Red in the first position means you are impulsive, sexy and have a will to win. You are a good leader. You want to expend your horizons and live a life to the full. Red in the seventh or eighth position means your desire for life and thirst for adventure have become less.

YELLOW represents happiness and relaxation. Anyone who chooses yellow in second, third or fourth place is positive, optimistic person who always looks to the future - never backwards. You find life easy, and problems simply do not exist for you. Free from worry, you lead a carefree life; but this does not mean that you are lazy. You can be extremely hard-working, although not consistantly. Yellow in first place means that you are ambitious and eager to please. When yellow is in the later part of the spectrum, you have had your hopes and dreams dashed and you feel isolated and disappointed, often becoming defensive and withdrawn.

GREEN represents firmness amd resistence to change. In the first place, you are persistent, possessive and quite selfish. You are a high achiever and an accumulator of 'things'-like a penthouse, a BMX, a Rolex, a holiday flat, a compact-disc player. You want to be reconised and need to impress but worry about the prospect of failure. If green is a later choice, your ego has been bruised and you have been humbled by the resistence to your progress. Consequently you can be highly critical, sarcastic and stubborn.

A mixture of red and blue, PURPLE represents a conflict between impulsiveness and calm sensitivity, dominance and submissiveness. The person who prefers violet wants to find a mystical, magical relationship. Both mentally and physically immature, you are stuck in a dream of wishful thinking and fantasy. Often violet appears in the later part of the sequence, it indicates that the person choosing it is more mature and has outgrown the 'fantasy' vision of life, confronting harsh reality head-on.

BROWN is the colour of physical well-being and is an indicator of how healthy you think you are. If you put brown in fourth or fifth place, you are not very concerned about your health and body. This means you are probably in good shape. Those worried about illness tend to put brown earlier in the sequence. If you choose brown as your favourite colour, you are restless and insecure. If brown is in eighth place, you don't care enough for your body:you may not be as healthy as you think. Placing brown early also indicates the importance of a secure environment: refugees often pick brown first.

GREY is a neutral and represents a point between two contrasting and motivations. Grey in the first position means that you want to shut yourself off from everything and remain uncommited, so that you can swing with opinion and emotions. You hate joining anything with 'group' connotations and are an observer rather than a doer. Those who choose grey in the eighth position seek to join everything, eager and enthusiastic. Such people will try absolutely everything in their efforts to achieve their goals.

BLUE represents calmness and loyalty. A person who favours blue is sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry-free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals in order to achieve this. You need a stable relationship eithout conflict. Perhaps, as a sideeffect of contentment, you tend to put on weight. The later blue appears in the sequence, the more unsatisfied you are and the more you feel the need to break from the ties that restrict you. But you probably aren't unfeeling enough to walk out on a family or job; instead, you will suffer in silence.

BLACK is the negetion of colour and means 'No'. Anyone who chooses it in the first position(which is rare) is in revolt against their fate. Chosen second, it means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want. It is normally put in seventh or eighth place, representing control of one's destiny and a balanced outlook. If yellow preceeds black in the first two positions, then a change is on the way.

Above is a fuller explanation of the alleged meaning of colours, from a site dedicated to Max Luscher, who (info tidbit) was employed by Volkswagon . He apparently chose all the colours used in Volkswagon plants in Germany. He was a Swiss psychologist

cultuurweb.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Looks like a whole herd of creators here. BEHOLD! My creation! It's ALIIIIIIIVE! bwahahahaha

*whew* glad I got that out of my system.

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER
Keywords:

Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful

This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wonder if any of this has any bearing in one’s star sign, I’m a Pisces with a Scorpio moon, it’s well documented Pisces have a creative (head in the clouds) nature, just pondering whether our colours of choice have anything to do with this???.. For instance my fiancé is a Capricorn and loves the colour green, me, I like blue…

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Best Occupational Category
CREATOR
-Not bad, I do a lot of hands on development/ process improvement work in industry. Everyone always kids me about how artsy my work is. I figure wth, might as well have a little fun with it.

PERSUADER
Well, you pretty much have to be these days, no?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Another Creator / Organizer checking in.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This is mine:

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

second was persuader. Now what I have to ask...how will that help with my evil plan to take over the world....bwwaaaaahhhhaaahhhaaaa!!!!
Well, I wish I could, It seems I may be suited to!

WOW it's dead on for me!!!!

[edit on 10-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Thank you for that. That is interesting information.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Researcher here. I like the idea that a test as simple as that can (apparently) tell so much about you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join