It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite colors tests shows CEOs are different

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting. Naturally, out of curiosity, I took the test. IT was eerily accurate. Not in the astrology predication sort of way like: you will see the number 7 today.
The test doesn't say whether you can be a CEO or not, it gives a range of careers for you.

This, it turns out, is more than a curiosity. Psychiatry professor Rense Lange, an expert on tests for everyone from students to job hunters to those with early signs of Alzheimer's disease, has been looking hard at color tests and he has reached the conclusion that the results all but prove that CEOs are wired differently.

I would be curious to see how people found their results.

article
favorite colors

color test

What I also found interesting but not necessarily surprising is that upper level managers can be more like your average Joe. I tend to think of them as harsh intense people like Trump.

Unsurprisingly, the CEOs as a group were suited for jobs in upper management, but they also were better suited than the average person to be social workers, artists and teachers. Lange said that made sense because the ability to motivate is important to both teaching and running a corporation.'

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Best Occupational Category
You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords

Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

e investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

RESEARCHER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are College Professor, Physician, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Chemist, Marketing Research, Inventor, Sales Forecasting, Project Engineer, Dentist, Identifying Consumer Demand, Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Technician, Optometrist, Research & Development Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Real Estate Appraiser, Chiropractor, Veterinarian, Geologist, Physicist, Science Teacher, Medical Technologist, and Author of Technical Books.

RESEARCHER WORKPLACES
Task-oriented careers where you can become absorbed in the job, be original and creative, and not conform to rigid company rules will work best for you. Unstructured organizations, for example, that allow you to sail your own ship are vital.

Suggested Researcher workplaces are universities and colleges, home office positions, medical facilities, computer-related industries, scientific foundations and think tanks, research firms, and design laboratories.

Doesnt look like i cut it as a ceo !!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Aw, researchers have more fun. That is my category too. If it comes up too often then maybe it is bunk.

But I love research. I have been nicknamed the research queen actually. I have to know everything about everything.

Which is what brought me to ats. *smiles*

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You're a DOER

These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.

Very interesting OP. This tends to describe me, but my second best occupational category listed "ORGANIZER" isn't even close lol.

I rushed through to take the test and didn't read the article, but after reading I realized how crazy that is!

Lange says no one knows why so much can be learned about a person by the colors they choose. Those answers are buried deep in neuroscience

[edit on 9-2-2010 by electricveins]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords:

link   
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords:

link   
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I actually like both my primary and secondary results.

I'm a witty,sensitive,aggressive romantic...LOL

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

You're a PERSUADER
Keywords:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

* Section I: You and Your Team
This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents—the tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
* Section II: Your Key To Success
Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
* Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses
Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
* Section IV: Leadership Power Moves
This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

nice find

told me i enjoy investment management, pretty spot on I would say - how valid is this thing though?

it also told me i paid attn to detail.. lol.. not true

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm a CREATOR
Keywords: Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

and an ORGANIZER
Keywords: Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

and that is precisely how I frustrate and anger everybody on the interwebules.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

The BOLD titles are jobs that I have had before.

You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords:

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

The Organizer title actually fits in with everything I do.

Very Cool Link, Thanks Nixie. I'm going to share with some other folks and see if their results match their lifestyles.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.

ORGANIZER WORKPLACES
Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you.

Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

You're a DOER
Keywords:

Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent

These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.

Pretty spot on, while not encompassing everything I'm good at.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by dashen]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Not sure how accurate this is. I am a graphic artist, love design and fit the other things described....but these options dont match my career choice - at all. The 2nd option fits me pretty well.

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER
Keywords:

Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful

This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.

[edit on February 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
You're a CREATOR

You're an ORGANIZER

My results were exactly the same, slightly different mix of jobs - but my aha moment was that I've always considered myself a "researcher" because I 've enjoyed statistical approaches to modeling and research - it's interesting that these tendencies "test out" as more "organizational" than "researcher".... creative organizing maybe... oh well, I'm long past being capable of working anyway, but this may account for some of my frustration as a worker

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Different from what? The implication is "better", but that is a false reading of the data.

So far as I can see, the CEOs tested are well within normal ranges. The only differences I can see aren't in their color choices so much as their collective rejection of responsibility. If you read the report, their choices indicate they might also be good teachers, social workers, etc. Utterly normal.

Seem to me this report is promoting the idea that somehow corporate CEOs are "better" than the ordinary run of humans. False. What the differences and commonalities in their color choices say could just as easily be interpreted as indicating sociopathic tendencies. I like to see how their choices would compare to a group of people on death row. My bet is that the patterns of choices would be highly similar.

I've used this system and others in the classroom to illustrate how you can get sucked into any system that purports to magically define you. If you give them on different days, you'll find people agreeing to polar opposite descriptions of their personality as defined by whatever method you are using, whether it is color choice or astrology.

The reason is that we are complex and variable. On any given day, you can be just about anything, depending on the social, environmental, and economic factors confronting you. These tests are interesting toys, but not terribly accurate or useful. It takes far more comprehensive testing to make an accurate diagnosis of character and potential.

I wouldn't rely on them myself for much more than an indicator of where to look next, and would never make any important decision based on something that can so clearly be swayed by cultural factors.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
You're a CREATOR Keywords Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas. CREATOR OCCUPATIONS Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

I'm a Musician and DJ in my spare time these day's, I used to have these occupations full time.... so quite close..

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Best Occupational Category You're an ORGANIZER Keywords Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

2nd Best Occupational Category You're a PERSUADER Keywords: Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

Well I am an IT Tech at a netcafe

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER
Keywords:

Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful

Both seem correct. My husband and I have DJ/Karaoke business and I have a small graphics company on the side.

As to the second one, in most of my career I've served on the educational committees for my employers.

Am currently looking for work - maybe I should attach the results to my resume

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Man, its like they took my attributes and completely flipped them....this is the OPPOSITE of me.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Pretty spot on I must say.

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER
Keywords:

This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join