It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert - Imminent STock Market Crash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

DOW 800 = TSX @ 0

Have fun at the toronto stock exchange

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I hope not, DOW 800 isn't something you will be able to see .

Just because it is terrible, doesn't mean that it can't happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Dow cannot be at 800

That means that everything is in decimals pretty much and if it is, it is a weighted index, and everything has crashed - so I dont really see how it is, but you have called every recession and bull market in the past 250 years so lol

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
DOW 800 would mean $1 (US) - about 10cents Canadian which would mean a crashed TOronto Exchange still "rising comparatively to the DOw Jones.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

yup 3000 is about the breaking broken point..

Guy's pretty far out..
Worrying and wanting to warn us all from this DOOM...

Sorry OP, its a little funny..

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

So what are you trying to say?

How do you think you will be able to spend this? Good luck using them in the USA, everything is turned off here. Same in Canada. Might as well use them as paper for the fire you will have to be burning in your fireplace, eh?

[edit on 9-2-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

yup 3000 is about the breaking broken point..

Guy's pretty far out..
Worrying and wanting to warn us all for this DOOM...

Sorry OP, its a little funny..

When the Dow stood at 14,000 or so, I clearly remember having an almost identical conversation with some guy saying exactly the same thing, and insisting that 14,000 was effectively a trough and up was the only way to go.

Just because it is unthinkable does not mean it cannot happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

So what are you trying to say?

How do you think you will be able to spend this? Good luck using them in the USA, everything is turned off here. Might as well use them as paper for the fire you will have to be burning in your fireplace, eh?

Yes.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

When was the last time you ever profited from buying anything at historical highs my friend?

Most recent example would be gold. That didn't turn out too good so far, retail players always pay for shares big money loves to sell. You dont buy when big money does because you are too scared. Thats why I am guessing you were not buying at DOW 6500. Or were you? Did you sell at 10,500? I could see that.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I have been solidly buying... Detroit.

Chunks of land worth $60,000 in the early 2000's , now going for $500 a pop.

A survey by the Times in London found 79% of the wealthy are all in one industry...real estate.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Thats prob a great idea actually, you must have a good broker to swiftly buy up large amounts of real estate.

What kind of bankroll do you play with?

I have some algorithmic trading programs you could put up the capital for if interested. Could take years, or you could be dead before that investment in real estate pays off, but for generational planning it's prob. a great idea.

What kind of volume do you lay in the markets? How much does Robyn charge you? Ill charge you half that for real information.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
aristocrat2, i see what you're saying and all of it is completely plausible based on current conditions. Don't forget about the infamous tungsten gold plated bars. It's almost like a perfect storm. Strange times, my friend. Thanks for the thread, s&f for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Thats prob a great idea actually, you must have a good broker to swiftly buy up large amounts of real estate.

No, just the newspaper. WHy pay big bucks for auction or brokerage stuff. Curran & Christie are pretty good for bargains, but sadly their registration service really sucks - 100% cretins..

What kind of bankroll do you play with?

About $1600. As the cost of land is now so cheap in Detroit, the incremental cost is mainly just the registration and transfer fees.

I have some algorithmic trading programs you could put up the capital for if interested. Could take years, or you could be dead before that investment in real estate pays off, but for generational planning it's prob. a great idea.

Not at all. If you have land, when its not going up in value, you can grow food, or use it as a camp site for yourself on holiday or giee access to a friend and earn some "brownie points' for some future more valuable favour.

What kind of volume do you lay in the markets?

Just a few hundred. That way you can maintai a "Oicket-line" defence, so if the market crashes you've caught it rather than putting all your eggs in one basket.

How much does Robyn charge you?

Nothing at all. He's available for free on George Ure's site "Urban Survival"

Ill charge you half that for real information.

Well as half of nothing is nothing, you're no cheaper!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have no experience in this area but I can see something is just not right. You can not print money that is not backed by something and buy something that is not being produced. This will only last for so long and when the sh*t hits the fan everyone will get a nice big piece right in the face. You can not get something form nothing and not pay a price on the back end.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hey! Every year the last two weeks of January the stock prices drop.
January 15th is when everyone in the USA pays their property taxes.
My brother in law just paid $13,000.00 on one house and he still owns his old house too. Which is not selling and has been on the market for two years. He obviously needs to drop the price. Anyways, that money has to come from some where, people sell off their investments. The market is a physcological rollercoaster. When the bad winter weather lifts peolple will be out shopping more. Items we all need and use wear out and break. More and more people are consuming each year. I wouldn't worry so much. The used car market is going to eventually dry up, cars wear out and simply die. Buy steel stock.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

There is an old saying in the stock market... how goes January goes the rest of the year.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Its a basic law of supply and demand, if you are buying up a lot of property, all the sudden you will not find it so cheap. That's market efficiency, and it applies to Detroit or Sioux City. So the more you buy the more expensive it becomes.

Other than that, send Robyn my regards.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Its a basic law of supply and demand, if you are buying up a lot of property, all the sudden you will not find it so cheap. That's market efficiency, and it applies to Detroit or Sioux City. So the more you buy the more expensive it becomes.

The ocean is only finite, so if I keep taking a cupfuls of waters out of it for an hour or two, I shold be able to see the level of the ocean slowly beginning to fall? Detroit is a vast place. A single purchaser is hadly likely to restore property prices.

I am never amazed at the simplicity of your comments. It must be great living in your happy little world with prancing pink ponies.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

ha

I thought you actually bought real property. Not a lot on the corner of jabroni blvd.

enjoy your .5 acre plot in the wasteland

edit: btw, you haven't presented one real argument in this thread except for copying and pasting some really bunk information

it must be nice to type whatever you want and then not have to be responsible for it

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Interesting fellow you are.

Investing in Michigan, are you. Why not off the Pacific, coast of tejauana?

I still like your original post on this thread. Its well thought out, as I said last night, a lil far out but your right.. It could happen.. S&F..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join