It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral/Remote Viewing attempts Part 1 (A skeptic)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypto

On your friend, ask him if he will help you seperate. I know your skeptical, but what do you have to lose? It's worth a try.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You wouldn't still be tripping because '___' floods our brains every night when we sleep/dream.

Hmm...I'm no expert on the brain or anything.I have had a few OOBE's when I was younger.

Never was able to go astral,not for lack of trying though,mind you.

To me,experiences like yours do tend to imply that our minds are capable of "communicating" certain things to us when we are in an altered state of mind.

That's why '___' immediately stood out to me.

Some believe it reacts with the pineal gland (3rd eye).I dunno how true that is,but it could be an answer or at least lead you to a new set of questions.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Horselover Fat

I do agree with you. I've only tried '___' once, but never considered it for something like projecting. Very interesting stuff, I'm going to have to ask someone I know if he has successfully done this, because I know he takes it quite frequently.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by higns07

because I know he takes it quite frequently.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Have you looked into the connection between REM sleep,astral projection,and naturally occurring '___' in our brains?

I completely agree with you on that one.

If your sleep functions don't coincide properly , your mind can play all sorts of 'tricks' (I say it that way because it could well be a reality) on you. Especially with cases like sleep paralysis, which I have experienced numerous times. It's like, your body is sleeping (paralyzed) but your mind is awake & the '___' dosage hasn't been turned down....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well...even though you've made it clear you're a skeptic...I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest a very typical "conspiracy theorist" type of hypothesis...

It's quite obvious Government organizations have experimented with remote viewing in order to "spy on the enemy"...and I personally think they've made progress with their studies...now, just stay with me here...is it possible that they've now mastered the art of remote viewing and now have safe-guards (possibly people or some sort of technology) in place which create a barrier for anyone else trying to do it? Possibly horrifying and vivid experiences which would make them never want to try again? Possibly things like sudden loud bangs inside your skull could act as a deterrent?

They were my initial thoughts anyway...

[edit on 9/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Conspiracy theorist indeed!

And I'm laughing in a good way

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

And I'm laughing in a good way
Haha...well, that's nice to know...BTW, I like you sig! I can relate to it...

I found this interesting article on the Project Camelot website, which could possibly add more strength to my theory:

AI surveillance and access to knowledge

The AI surveillance system, Jake told us, was literally "out of this world". It operates hyperdimensionally, based on a highly advanced quantum computing model that is basically our development based on acquired alien technology. This system is so advanced that the ETs themselves are unhappy that we have it.

Not only does it enable access to what any given person is saying, or even thinking - if targeted for investigation - it can also transcend time itself and thereby access information about the thoughts and words of historical figures. Whether this system can look into the future - the Tom Cruise movie Minority Report, based on a story by the prolific author Philip K. Dick, comes to mind - we omitted to ask.

Jake's actions in being sensitive to this device (if device is the right word) - by waiting for exactly the right 'window' of opportunity to tell us certain things - were not fully understood by us until I (Bill Ryan) had the following experience.

On our last night together, sitting out in the open after a barbecue, at about 2 am, Jake decided to tell me some things he had not previously revealed, surveillance or no surveillance. As he began to speak, he immediately encountered problems, as if trying to force himself through a barrier. Simultaneously, I found I was being put to sleep and could hardly keep my eyes open. We both spotted what was happening, and remarked on it to one another.

Jake forced himself to keep talking, and I made myself keep listening through a spell of overwhelming dopiness. This episode lasted half an hour or maybe more. We were being forcibly stopped, in real time, from communicating effectively, as a direct and immediate response to our intentions.

It's very important to understand that this was unconnected with electromagnetics, hidden microphones, targeted beams, or anything else of that nature. My own reference point for what happened was a kind of negative radionics (which also works hyperdimensionally, but as a positive health modality).

In the end we concluded our conversation, now pretty tired. The next morning I simply could not recall what Jake had told me - and still can't. Upon meeting him again and reporting that I couldn't remember a thing about our conversation except for the weird effects we had both experienced, he replied wryly:

Maybe it's just as well.
source

The entire article is fairly intriguing, but I'll admit, even I think it's a little out there...

[edit on 9/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Actually, now that you put it that way...it's quite believable.
I'm going to read some more on that.
Thanks for 'illuminating' me...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Actually, now that you put it that way...it's quite believable.
lol...it takes a theory involving an AI surveillance system, which operates hyperdimensionally, based on a highly advanced quantum computing model to make it seem "quite believable"? Haha...kiddin', I know what you meant...

Thanks for 'illuminating' me...
No problem-o

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Apocolypto, have you done your 3rd attempt yet? I'm quite interesting in hearing about what experiences you may have had...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by higns07

I do agree with you. I've only tried '___' once, but never considered it for something like projecting. Very interesting stuff, I'm going to have to ask someone I know if he has successfully done this, because I know he takes it quite frequently.

Can we move away from the drug abuse issue on this, I am open to the idea of '___' in a scientific perspective but not in a form of a useable substance.

last night I had alot of problems at home....................... I didnt get to bed till 3am, and I had to get up at 4am for work.

I mean WTF.

Because I work in real estate I had to go to a court hearing today and my boss dropped it on me at the last minute.

On top of that when I got home my sibling had trashed the house with wine bottles all over the place.

I was pretty upset and a nervous wreck last night, could not sleep.

tonight I am attempting again......................

something tells me im getting more than I bargianed for on this,

A few tinfoil theories, not up for alien brain control............... thats like really way out there material.... sure I do beleive they exist, but controlling the mind of an individual remotely is plain ludicrious.

And no my friend is a girl, she is a very sweet and caring person.

never knew any guys who astral project, or do remote viewing, I cant really tell the difference really.

phew i hope I dont get the rat again.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I had to delay the 3rd attempt............. im exhausted......

will try again tonight with a proper amount of sleep.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

not up for alien brain control............... thats like really way out there material....
I said nothing of "alien brain control"...it's an AI surveillance system "based on acquired alien technology" which operates hyper-dimensionally...just take the time to read my posts properly and see what you think...because it seems to me as though someone or something is trying to stop you from remote viewing...

sure I do beleive they exist, but controlling the mind of an individual remotely is plain ludicrious.
Is it? Is it really? Can you confidently say you know how advanced the technology being developed by secret Government projects really is? I think it's more than possible they have technology capable of what I'm suggesting...

will try again tonight with a proper amount of sleep.
Who knows...maybe it'll work better with a lack of sleep?

[edit on 10/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hmm..

now I am rather intrigued by this "loud bang"..

Apocolypto, do you notice if you have any physical "jerking" when this happens. increased heart rate or such?

I ask this, because for the last few years I have been experincing this on a weekly basis.. I haven't been keeping track of it at all.. but just as I am crossing over from consciousness to unconsciousness, I will hear a "bang" loud as all get-out.. and will Jerk awake.. like I was startled.

Typically i have the heart-racing, adrenaline pumping type reaction, and often think someone has bashed in the back door type result.. so I have to go prowel the house.. which is always in sound order, much to my thinking from the sudden wake-up.. Never had any paralysis upon waking tho.

The loud bang tho is interesting..

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah sorry dude, I like your suggestion on the concept, but its still too far out there for me.

But to the other dude, if your getting loud bangs and waking up suddenly like me feeling like your having a heart attack

your doing it right.

I havent been able to do it last few nights due to the amount of stress im under from work and at home.

Had a heap of personal issues,

but the lack of sleep thing might be a key to it.

ill give it a shot.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I apologise didnt mean to upset you.

but im open to all ideas, but I want to keep this as mainstream as I can.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Hmm..

Apocolypto, do you notice if you have any physical "jerking" when this happens. increased heart rate or such?

Yes I wake up suddenly, shaking all over, cold sweat and my heart is racing.

its really F'ed up.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apocolypto

Originally posted by Cygnis
Hmm..

Yes I wake up suddenly, shaking all over, cold sweat and my heart is racing.

its really F'ed up.

Rather interesting.. I was talking to my wife about this particuler bit last night..

We both, for the past 5 years have noticed this type of event.. she recounts many time regarding me waking up suddenly at night, jerking away, and seeming rather agitated..

I recall many times her doing the same.

Oddly, I used to practice, ineffectivly to say the least, OOBE/AP methods when I was younger. My wife, however, never touched the ideas or practiced.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I do not claim to be an expert, I do claim to be studying this.
Next thirty years
I will make a list of what you need to do.

First-
you have let go of the grief or emotionally healed yet from your friends death it seems.

I recommend getting off here for a day. Tell your spouse you need her to just hold you and comfort you. Feel the trust and love.

Plan a romantic evening, from start to finish...

The goal is to reanchor to the feeling of love and comfort. Your friend would want you to keep living life. Dedicate a day to him doing something youve always been afraid to do or that he always wanted to do.

Second-
Being a skeptic you where confronted with something outside your normal paradigm.

Now use your skeptics mind and triple check everything (EVERYTHING) around your neighborhood. Go through your plumbing and attic if you got one. I mean make a list and have someone else check it.

Iwill finish this later it is snow and I have to walk home.

I do want to post some more. Sorry to hear about you friend its always hard. You and your have my condolences.

best wishes

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join