It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral/Remote Viewing attempts Part 1 (A skeptic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Night one.

my first attempt in nearly 5 years,

I have my reasons as to not want to revist this, but remembering why was the problem. Now I remember why.

Night 1)

> Keep in mind I was a skeptic<

I counted down from 100, and put myself into a hypnotic trance while I layed in bed as per usual, very relaxing.

I hear BANG from the top of my skull as loud as a gunshot which smacks me square in the head at about the count of 40.

I get up, im shaken.... I get online and Tell a friend, shut the computer down,

I go back to bed, thinking Oh well its all over I also unplug the internet as I usually do when I go to sleep.

I wake up in the morning to find a photo of one of my friends blown up on the computer, I know it could not have been hacked because the Netgear wireless was unplugged... my password is complicated, not to mention how in gods name would I have been able to do that in my sleep?

A few weeks back I had a similar experience about a mate from many years back, he died in a car accident last week the driver (him) died, and the passenger was airlifted to hospital. The Funeral is tomorrow.

I dont remember much about that experience, but he's dead now thats all that matters.

And to wake up and see a photo of my mate up on my computer screen blown right up scared the daylights out of me.

NIGHT 2 (last night)

Second attempt.

I count down from 100 again, slowing my heart rate right down,
I feel like im asleep, but I wake up (or so I think)

Im holding a ginger and white rat with bright red glowing eyes and im clenching it. It bites my hand, I feel a massive blow to my chest and I wake up suddenly in cold sweat and shaking all over.

my thoughts were...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

Note I have no idea or explanation.

Tonight is my 3rd attempt.

will post live if anything happens.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Apocolypto]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've always been a skeptic about this.... and tried to convince myself otherwise.....

Im a beleiver in science and the last 2 nights have shaken my own beleifs.

I beleive that it is radiowaves, but how intense they are it scares the F**KING # OUT OF ME.

I've just read some stuff about this thing called willard? what the hell is that? isnt that a movie? Havent seen it honestly too old for my liking.

I'm not a beleiver in the paranormal or ghosts, demons, or angels, im a skeptic, but the last few nights have really shaken me up......

I just dont know how to explain it......

whos the most experienced person on here.

ill report live and if need be even do video footage.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hi,

I have yet to experience astral projection/astral travel...but I have experienced numerous accounts of sleep paralysis, and have read up quite a bit on the subject. A similar event happened to me during this... I'm not going to get into it, but maybe when you have fallen into some sort of sleep state, you opened your eyes too soon. When you do this you will hallucinate...or maybe you have been doing these things in your sleep.

I'd say, if you really want to figure out what is going on, and research isn't satisfactory...try putting a video camera by your nightstand or something. (Just so that you know what you are doing..physically.)
Or when you are entering this sleep like state, maybe just keep your eyes closed for a while longer until you are completely out of body...

I hope you are able to figure this whole thing out safely.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
Hi,

I have yet to experience astral projection/astral travel...but I have experienced numerous accounts of sleep paralysis, and have read up quite a bit on the subject. A similar event happened to me during this... I'm not going to get into it, but maybe when you have fallen into some sort of sleep state, you opened your eyes too soon. When you do this you will hallucinate...or maybe you have been doing these things in your sleep.

I'd say, if you really want to figure out what is going on, and research isn't satisfactory...try putting a video camera by your nightstand or something.
Or when you are entering this sleep like state, maybe just keep your eyes closed for a while longer until you are completely out of body...

I hope you are able to figure this whole thing out safely.

Yes those thoughts are exactly what I am hoping for, but the loud BANG is the one thing that concerns me the most. I've heard alot of guns in my time.... but this was not the same. it came from the top of my head, not through my ears... unless ive got brain tumours well I have no explanation.

to actually feel like someone has hit you square in the head was the thing that worried me.

....and the fact when that 'thing' bit me I felt it, I swear I could feel the damn thing in my hand, soon as it happened I felt like I was kicked in the chest, woke up in cold sweat shaking all over.

Beleive me when I say if that was a 'vivid dream' it sure can as hell bite hard.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypto

Hey, been trying to look this up for you, but none of the experiences or 'bang sound' is similar enough to yours....

Although, check this out...it won't let me copy the paragraph so it's the first paragraph under the heading 'Hypnagogic Sounds'

Will carry on searching so long....

Edit to add-

I did this for a few weeks then began to notice swirling colors, patterns and such, as well as the occasional noise such as a pop or loud bang. This I came to find out (again from Frank) is characteristic of Focus 12 (again a term from Robert Monroe). One time in Focus 12 I heard this very loud crash, it brought me right back to C-1 (the physical), and when I looked around, I noticed my wife was asleep and the three cats hadn't moved. Then I realized the sound had to have been non-physical or the cats would have run for cover.

I know this doesn't help much, but at least you know that others are experiencing similar events. Here's the link

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
what concerns me more was the fact I was seeing my family friends face every night before the car accident.......

I've been trying to get in in contact with him for weeks but no luck.

Last week he died.........

I was afraid that would happen, and I said this is an irrational fear, why the hell would you be afraid suddenly of this person dying.......

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ill fully describe what the feeling of the bang was, the top of my head was numb in the center, and tingling. it was approximately 3am-3:30am

no voices, nothing else as far as I am aware of...

im setting up a camera tonight... loading to youtube.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Are you actually talking about astral projection or something else?

If it's astral projection, there are great posts on hints and so called "yankers" who can help you seperate yourself and being able to project. This thread has been going for a few years now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a very long thread on Oobe's and astral projection. It is definately worth looking at.

As for visiting your friend, it has come to my understanding that you must be very good at this to do something like that.

And from what I've read so far, it sounds like you were in the process of seperating from your physical form.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Okay, I wouldn't worry about the bang, it seems quite common with people who are just falling asleep or astral traveling....
Here is one last example..

For the past month, just as I'm falling asleep I hear a really loud bang. The first couple times it happened, I got up and looked out the window, convinced that someone was shooting a shotgun outside my house.

I was just dozing off when, BANG, I hear what sounds like a balloon popping right beside my head (or more precisely, inside my head). Well there was no going back to sleep for me after that.

Loud banging, like a gun shooting, just as the patient was falling or had already fallen asleep. It's happened to me a few times while I was already asleep. It really scaried the crap out of me!

It's just a blog, but here is the link anyway.

About seeing your friend.... I'm sorry, but I wouldn't be able to help you on that one. It's just weird and freaky, I'm speculating that you might be doing it in your sleep though...
Maybe something inside you was edging you to make contact with him before he passed...makes you wonder, if something like that is possible it would mean our fates are all mapped out for us. Maybe you just got a warning for it.
Strange indeed. & Good luck with the vid, I'd think twice before filming myself, not sure I want to know what I get up to in my sleep.

Last night my boyfriend checked the windows to see if they were closed because we've been having strange weather lately...He checked that all the windows were closed.
Woke up this morning, he asked me if I opened them last night. I said no because I didn't. Two of the downstairs windows were open this morning including the window on my side of the bed upstairs....I think I might have opened them in my sleep, because it's the windows I usually open in the day when I'm airing the house....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
OK you just nearly made my fill my pants up with those posts.

I understand there are a lot of 'fakers' out there, and I have no idea where to get resources on this which are credible.

im trying to take a skeptics perceptive on this and right frankly im getting concerned.

.....what I want to know is the rat... it was not a normal looking critter either.... its eyes were huge... its teeth were huge. I felt it, I swear to god (im an aethist) that I could feel its soft silky fur.

I felt its teeth go right through my hand.

to describe the full extent of what happens when I snap out of it I dont think theres words that can describe it.... its like... water... but slow motion in the air...

I dont do any hallucinagenic drugs at all, never have never will.
SWIM does 'smoke' but has not done so for 3 months and was a light user anyway.

I do smoke cigarettes, but thats it and loads of coffee.

I cant stop thinking about that rat.... I've seen some really freaky things in my life, but that... that was terrifying.... the fact I woke up again in what I can describe as a "SNAP" of slow motion.... FAAAAARK.

Im an Aussie so pardon my french.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by higns07

yes I am...

and no I do not see fractal patterns or giant hopping purple rabbits or walk through walls.

and it seems exactly as things are now, but with additional strange BS that carries through to this side.

to make it clear I am not a fan of hippie websites or new-age things....

im a skeptic... until I can full understand this Im going to keep attempting and attempting.

......have to say if thats what the bang was Im making progress.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I really think you were dreaming at this point with the rat... & I realize it felt real, believe me I know what you feel like at the moment...

I believe you were having a very lucid dream.... look up rat in dream interpretation here is one...

Rats may represent unworthy thoughts and feelings that hide from the light of day and gnaw away at you inside. These may be feelings of guilt, envy avarice and so on or they may be of a sexual nature. They could represent the feelings you reject. In addition, you may have thoughts about wanting to harm others or perhaps you feel that somebody in your life is, in the words of James Cagney, a ‘dirty rat’.

Rats generally symbolizes betrayal.

Indicates that something doesn't make sense, is deceptive, is wrong or amiss, isn't fair. Threatening or attacking you: you are in the midst of a situation that involves the previously mentioned meanings. May represent disease if the dream is one about health or well being.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by higns07

Are you actually talking about astral projection or something else?

If it's astral projection, there are great posts on hints and so called "yankers" who can help you seperate yourself and being able to project. This thread has been going for a few years now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a very long thread on Oobe's and astral projection. It is definately worth looking at.

As for visiting your friend, it has come to my understanding that you must be very good at this to do something like that.

And from what I've read so far, it sounds like you were in the process of seperating from your physical form.

I would very much prefer to attach electrodes to my testicles than read that material. I beleive it could be more educational in that method.

as I said im not a fan of new age BS as I am a skeptic... dont beleive in crystal magic, dont beleive in god, dont beleive in demons, or ghosts....

and thats why im filling my pants up at the moment because of the fact my family friend just died, and the fact that there has been strange events unfolding out in 48 hours.

Project? well who knows....

what I do know is that my computer password is ridiculously long and complicated and I have to do alot of things to access my desktop.

Ill set up the webcam the best I can, doesnt have night vison so ill stick on a lamp.
... I hate moths in my room.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I really think you were dreaming at this point with the rat... & I realize it felt real, believe me I know what you feel like at the moment...

I believe you were having a very lucid dream.... look up rat in dream interpretation here is one...

Rats may represent unworthy thoughts and feelings that hide from the light of day and gnaw away at you inside. These may be feelings of guilt, envy avarice and so on or they may be of a sexual nature. They could represent the feelings you reject. In addition, you may have thoughts about wanting to harm others or perhaps you feel that somebody in your life is, in the words of James Cagney, a ‘dirty rat’.

Rats generally symbolizes betrayal.

Indicates that something doesn't make sense, is deceptive, is wrong or amiss, isn't fair. Threatening or attacking you: you are in the midst of a situation that involves the previously mentioned meanings. May represent disease if the dream is one about health or well being.

that thing wasnt betrayal.... more like trying to burrow through my hand LOL.

seriously as I said im a skeptic. those sort of things dont really impress me much.

But we can see where this leads after tonight.

I dont beleive in dream reading as I personally beleive dreams are methods of dealing with problems.

the idea that this was a lucid dream well who knows.

Attempt 3 tonight with camera... lets hope I can get this junk of microsoft working.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Sorry, was that directed at me..? and if so , could you please elaborate on what you meant?....

Am I bombarding you with too many links??

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Have you looked into the connection between REM sleep,astral projection,and naturally occurring '___' in our brains?

I've been having somewhat...insightful and vivid dreams for a while now,and I'm becoming more and more convinced that it has to do with an overabundance of '___' flooding the brain during sleep.

There are a few times in a person's life when they have a psychedelic experience without the use of psychedelic drugs. From the evidence available from the latest research, these include: when a person is born, when a person is in REM sleep, during astral projections, during near-death experiences, during psychosis, and when a person dies. Of course, there is something that triggers these experiences. It is believed now that '___' causes a person to have psychedelic experiences during these times in a person's life. Given that '___' is found readily in the mammalian brains such as those of human beings, this is a strong suggestion of such a reality.

From here.

Sorry to hear about your friend by the way.

Take care,
HLF

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horselover Fat
Have you looked into the connection between REM sleep,astral projection,and naturally occurring '___' in our brains?

I've been having somewhat...insightful and vivid dreams for a while now,and I'm becoming more and more convinced that it has to do with an overabundance of '___' flooding the brain during sleep.

There are a few times in a person's life when they have a psychedelic experience without the use of psychedelic drugs. From the evidence available from the latest research, these include: when a person is born, when a person is in REM sleep, during astral projections, during near-death experiences, during psychosis, and when a person dies. Of course, there is something that triggers these experiences. It is believed now that '___' causes a person to have psychedelic experiences during these times in a person's life. Given that '___' is found readily in the mammalian brains such as those of human beings, this is a strong suggestion of such a reality.

From here.

Sorry to hear about your friend by the way.

Take care,
HLF

im not touching that one with a 50 foot pole...

no I do not have an overabundance, yes it is a natural occuring substance but a couple of my mates who've taken it are long far gone from reality now. if it was an overabundance im sure i'd still be tripping.

good idea but not buying into it.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Sorry, was that directed at me..? and if so , could you please elaborate on what you meant?....

Am I bombarding you with too many links??

the bangs......

I had no idea....

I feel like im going to have an onset of uncontrollable bowel movements now.

Attempt 3 tonight also one of my friends who says they are going to project themselves to my place is going to attempt to turn on my Plasma screen.

lets hope she can and no # comes out of the walls.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Hey your choice man.Just trying to be of some help here....

At least it has some basis in science.

Ah well,good luck to you then.

-HLF

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horselover Fat

Hey your choice man.Just trying to be of some help here....

At least it has some basis in science.

Ah well,good luck to you then.

-HLF

I agree with you on the science concept but if it were '___' I would still be tripping out of my mind.

Good idea but im not angry with you, if you have any other ideas im open to them.

do you know anything else about the human brain?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join