It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Woman Told She Is No Longer an American

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Illinois Woman Told She Is No Longer an American

www.foxnews.com

Angela Boneva is living in limbo.

For years she, and the U.S. government, thought the Bulgarian-born 34-year-old was an American citizen. But, when she went to renew her passport in 2003, the State Department reportedly told her something terribly different.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is disturbing!

It seems that the state department can now just decide that you are not a US citizen and : POOF : there ya are!

Now, tell me how this and the whole OBAMA 'birther' situation can relate to each other...

I can see several correlations between the 2 stories. Might be all the argument that the 'birthers' need...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The State Department said in the letter that an employee at the consulate broke a rule that required her father to have lived in the U.S. for 10 years before she was born, the Tribune reported. Her father had only lived in the U.S. for six years before moving to Bulgaria.
Well if this woman born to a person born in the US is not a citizen, then guess what? Obama wouldn't qualify either.
So now there's some precedent. Let's see what happens.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
interesting something like this is in this area where it seems to be receiving no attention, seems pretty important to me, nice post, hopefully more people come across this before it disappears

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Well if this woman born to a person born in the US is not a citizen, then guess what? Obama wouldn't qualify either.

Wrong, as Obama was born in the USA the cases are totally different!

Nothing will happen to Obama, as there is no precedent in this case!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Who says? Obama's own grandmother says he was born in Indonesia. She remembers when he was born.. she was there!

Hey.. Are you calling Obama's grandmother a liar?

[Mod Edit - replaced quote with Reply To Tab]

[edit on 10/2/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Even if that is the case.. someone dropped the ball.. this woman has been living here over 18 years now.. so wouldn't she be a naturalized citizen by now anyway?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Now, tell me how this and the whole OBAMA 'birther' situation can relate to each other...

Can't be done because they don't. In any way.

She was born in Bulgaria. She is not a natural born citizen.

Obama was born in Hawai'i. He is a natural born citizen.

I can see several correlations between the 2 stories. Might be all the argument that the 'birthers' need...

You have been drinking too much Cool-Aid, [### INSULT REMOVED ###]. This case has nothing to do with Obama or the Birther movement. It has only to do with her and the bureaucratic SNAFU.

The article should light a fire under someone to get off their butt and make a decision to fix it. She might have to go through an oath taking ceremony, but there is no reason that she should be put in danger of being kicked out of the country - or refused reentry if leaves to visit family.

Edit to remove insult directed at another member.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

Obama was born in Hawai'i.

I challenge you to prove that statement.

You cannot.

If you look at the entire body of evidence there is way more for Obama being born in Indonesia than in Hawaii.

Obama is a Liar and You have fallen for his Lies.

Hence this story does have everything to do with setting a precedent to call the Liar Out!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Let's see what happens?

Nothing. tptb need what was done by bush, consolidated by owebama, and there's your answer. So long as it erodes sovereignty, our Constitution, and foments a world order, taxes our air etc., absolutely no action will put barry out of office. Lose all that glorious power? I think not. He is protected. Just as we are slaughtered, he is the one that must be protected. He's doing a great job, yes?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I don't need to 'prove' it. There is zero evidence that he is born anywhere other than Honolulu Hawai'i. And he has published the certificate that says so. The fact that you refuse to believe facts is an indictment on you, not Obama.

Of course I don't believe that you don't believe, I don't believe that any of these so called 'Birthers' believe the tripe they spread.

I believe you guys are all just agents, spreading your lies in an attempt to gain some leverage with the more gullible sections of the vulnerable public. I expect that some of you people on ATS and elsewhere spreading this garbage are actually paid hacks.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Something else for the mix.

What if Hawaii never legally became a US state? That is something that is still debated, especially by the native population.

Where would that leave Obama?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

unless you have any evidence that obamas mother lived in the US for less than 10 years then IMHO there is no precedent here

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
What if Hawaii never legally became a US state?

Except it did, so Obama is still the valid POTUS

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Did it? There are many in Hawaii who will argue otherwise.

There are many things we are told are fact, that are completely untrue. This is just another of many things that bear further investigation, but which will never get the coverage it really needs as it is not in the interests of the US government.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

unless you have any evidence that obamas mother lived in the US for less than 10 years then IMHO there is no precedent here

Irrelevant.

Obama was born in Honolulu Hawai'i.

His parents residence, even their citizenship status, have nothing to do with it whatsoever.

[edit on 9/2/2010 by rnaa]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Don't wet your panties just yet, chief. There's every indication that this poor woman's case is a gigantic State Department screwup. A clerical error, most likely.

This case will have one of two results. Either the State Department will, under court pressure go "Oh! We made a mistake!" (which is immensely likely, since, well, the mistake is plainly there) or, far more unlikely, the standards for who is a citizen will change in this woman's favor.

I'm definitely placing my bets on an apology fro mthe State Department, out of those two.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by dereks

Did it? There are many in Hawaii who will argue otherwise.

Have you ever heard the term "weasel words"?

There are many things we are told are fact, that are completely untrue.

Keep these words in mind next time someone tells you that Barack obama isn't a natural US citizen.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

The State Department said in the letter that an employee at the consulate broke a rule that required her father to have lived in the U.S. for 10 years before she was born, the Tribune reported. Her father had only lived in the U.S. for six years before moving to Bulgaria.

Don't know about this rule. It seems it would be unconstitutional considering this:

Andrew Jackson's father emigrated from Ireland in 1765 with his wife and two sons. In 1767, he died unexpectedly at age 29, just a few weeks before Andrew was born. Andrew Jackson became the 7th President of the United States.

If there is a 10 year rule now would it retro-negate Jackson's presidency?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join