It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pusher : Cerulean Blue, Pushing the Lie, and Psychological Operations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

If you've seen the episode of X-Files called "Pusher", or Robert Patrick Modell, you might enjoy this thread, or you might not depending on your thoughts.

XF3 Army - Priceless [Pusher]

The Bitter End (The X-Files)

Behind Closed Doors

Quote from : Wikipedia : Pusher (The X-Files)

"Pusher" is a 1996 episode of The X-Files television series.

It was the seventeenth episode broadcast in the show's third season.

"Pusher" surrounds the agent's dispute of a serial killer who can convince people to do whatever he says.

Do you think something like this is possible and if so do you think it might be real program?

This would be considered Psy Ops, or Psychological Operations.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Psychological Operations

Psychological warfare (PSYWAR), or the basic aspects of modern psychological operations (PSYOP, PSYOPS), have been known by many other names or terms, including Psy Ops, Political Warfare, “Hearts and Minds,” and even Propaganda.

Various techniques are used, by any set of groups, and aimed to influence a target audience's value systems, belief systems, emotions, motives, reasoning, or behavior.

It is used to induce confessions or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator's objectives, and are sometimes combined with black operations or false flag tactics. Target audiences can be governments, organizations, groups, and individuals.

The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare as:

"The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives."

During World War II the United States Joint Chiefs of Staff defined psychological warfare more broadly stating "Psychological warfare employs any weapon to influence the mind of the enemy.

The weapons are psychological only in the effect they produce and not because of the weapons themselves."

X-Files demonstrated this very property as working through the usage of Robert Patrick Modell, in "pushing" Robert Patrick into everyone's consciousness, so that the introduction of future Agent John Doggett would flow smoother, thereby demonstrating through principle of the episodes of "Pusher", that this is in fact a real thing done, as in warfare of a different nature Psychological Programming.

Perhaps, this is why they call drug dealers, "Pushers"?

So you wanna be a drug pusher?

Or perhaps why in the airline industry, it is called "Pushing Tin"?

Pushing Tin *HQ* Theatrical Trailer

Remember the 2009 movie called, Push?

Push Trailer

Quote from : Wikipedia : Psychological Programming

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is a controversial approach to psychotherapy and organisational change based on "a model of interpersonal communication chiefly concerned with the relationship between successful patterns of behaviour and the subjective experiences (esp. patterns of thought) underlying them" and "a system of alternative therapy based on this which seeks to educate people in self-awareness and effective communication, and to change their patterns of mental and emotional behaviour".

The co-founders, Richard Bandler and linguist John Grinder, claimed it would be instrumental in "finding ways to help people have better, fuller and richer lives".

They coined the title to denote their belief in a connection between neurological processes ('neuro'), language ('linguistic') and behavioral patterns that have been learned through experience ('programming') and that can be organised to achieve specific goals in life.

NLP was originally promoted by its co-founders in the 1970s as an effective and rapid form of psychological therapy, capable of addressing the full range of problems which psychologists are likely to encounter, such as phobias, depression, habit disorder, psychosomatic illnesses, learning disorders.

It also espoused the potential for self-determination through overcoming learned limitations and emphasized well-being and healthy functioning.

Later, it was promoted as a 'science of excellence', derived from the study or 'modeling' of how successful or outstanding people in different fields obtain their results.

It was claimed that these skills can be learned by anyone to improve their effectiveness both personally and professionally.

Despite its popularity, NLP has been largely ignored by conventional social science because of issues of professional credibility and insufficient empirical evidence to substantiate its models and claimed efficacy.

It appears to have little impact on academic psychology, and limited impact on mainstream psychotherapy and counselling.

However, it had some influence among private psychotherapists, including hypnotherapists, to the extent that some claim to be trained in NLP and apply it to their practice.

NLP had greater influence in management training, life coaching, and the self-help industry.

What organization knows "psychologocial programming" inside and out?

CIA Mind Control Operation MK-ULTRA

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

If you think about the episode of the X-Files, you will get the analogy.

No, it is not the episode where apparent "advance knowledge" was broadcast.

Or was it?

Pusher (The X-Files)

Quote from : Wikipedia : Pusher (The X-Files)

"Pusher" is a 1996 episode of The X-Files television series.

It was the seventeenth episode broadcast in the show's third season.

"Pusher" surrounds the agent's dispute of a serial killer who can convince people to do whatever he says.

The Bitter End (The X-Files)

[edit on 9-2-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I love this thread! I have been reading about Mk Ultra a lot lately and it very interesting to me. I saw a movie recently that was about Mk Ultra called The Killing Room and it freaked me out. I loved the Xfiles! Great thread, I never would have thought of this. I am still reading documents on mkultra that were released and I have downloaded a few books. It is probably one of my fav subjects.
If they train people to do things like this then wow and imo I believe they have and do. I feel there are so many things we dont know that the govt does in secret. It is quite scary.
S&F

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

You're right, I do love this kind of stuff! Great thread here my friend. I have been wondering about how to go about educating myself on how the MSM influences us all. This is a great start. You have hit the nail on the head for me.

When we see the news broadcasting images of horror from certain places, how do we feel? Angry, sad, scared. We sit and watch what they are showing while the reporter tells us exactly how we are to perceive it. Then we make conclusions and act according to what we were told because of the feelings involved.

At least that's what I been seeing. This takes another chilling step when we consider how Jim Jones and Manson were able to influence through their speach. There are tons of others and some of them can be linked to known psyops programs. I don't have the references or the information on that right now, but I will. Again, great thread!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks for stopping by, mblahnikluver.

You might like this book I know I enjoyed it.

It shows just how the process is done, of course it is involving Secret Societies.

Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare

Amazon Review :

From 007 to 2001, from Dealey Plaza to the Apollo Moon Flight, from the barrel of a Bulldog .44 to the corridors of the pyramids of Sirius; from the secret symbolism of Jack the Ripper to the public symbolism of the first atomic bomb blast, this work illuminates the crimes and command ideology of the masonic Cryptocracy, where ground zero meets the zero hour in a bestial crucible of ritual murder, human alchemy and demonic invasion.

Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare takes the reader to the core of a cosmic cryptogram, a dark Oz where the ancient fables become modern memes for the psychological contagion and devastation of humanity, and where the stratagem the author terms "Revelation of the Method" becomes the key to the finale of the mysteries of the ages.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

You're right, I do love this kind of stuff! Great thread here my friend. I have been wondering about how to go about educating myself on how the MSM influences us all. This is a great start. You have hit the nail on the head for me.

When we see the news broadcasting images of horror from certain places, how do we feel? Angry, sad, scared. We sit and watch what they are showing while the reporter tells us exactly how we are to perceive it. Then we make conclusions and act according to what we were told because of the feelings involved.

At least that's what I been seeing. This takes another chilling step when we consider how Jim Jones and Manson were able to influence through their speach. There are tons of others and some of them can be linked to known psyops programs. I don't have the references or the information on that right now, but I will. Again, great thread!

You know, jackflap, schrodingers dog did a thread, and it was humorous.

How To Report The News

I love his humor, but the video got me questioning just how the news is done.

Charlie Brooker - How To Report The News

What if that's exactly how the news is really done and how it should be viewed?

Leave it to me to see a humorous video as a part of the uncovering of a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Star AND Flagged.

Yes I do think it's possible. The US and USSR for decades played around with this stuff. Who knows just how far they got or for the US/West still going on?

Interesting topic.

I eagerly await more responses.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Alrighty SKL, you are perusing the unknown.

Are you instituting the very thing that you have railed against?

People are influenced, that is a given. If anyone thinks they cannot be manipulated, are idiots.

I myself being a hater of ALL things governmental, l am influenced. You HAVE to assume that you are influenced or you are but a propagator of disinformation.

I have caught myself doing what I despise. The promulgation of disinfo.

One must be vigilant and very stalwart in their endeavors to disseminate the very info they want to impart.

That being said, distrust everything and use source generated info as much as possible.

SKL S&F

edit to add-sorry, I was rambling last night. Too many Captain & Cokes!

[edit on 2/9/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Check out the YouTube videos by Derren Brown; there are too many to post links to here but some of the most interesting are 'The Heist", "Paying With Paper" and "How to take Someone's Wallet Just by Asking".

Although some have accused Brown of simply using actors, he maintains that they are not (although he does admit to using actors to assist him in 'convincing' his subjects).

Brown has admitted that he often has more failures than successes but he does maintain that the right people, given the right influences, can be made to do just about anything. He has also stated that he uses a mixture of stage magic, NLP and traditional hypnosis techniques to achieve his control over people.

IF you believe he can achieve these results then you can certainly believe that there is a possibility that an 'agency' could certainly get even better control; given mmore time, money, etc.

BTW: I have read some of his writings on his methods and they do work. Again, not on everybody all the time - but sometimes it can be amazing.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Your right, I do love it.

The two combined make a very potent weapon. Few people realize how exactly the applied research into NLP has gone. It has had over twenty years of outgrowth.

I might as well state it here. My reason for posting my research was to help arm everyone that would listen. I think the first step to win the coming fight. I have a feeling certain places will be the ground swell for liberty in the coming years.

Yes with practice anyone can with the right knowledge accomplish something like that. What gets me is my experiments may be first hand experiments, but they come from left over government ones. The last major tool became available I believe about eight years ago publically.

gtg, I will post a little more later

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Star AND Flagged.

Yes I do think it's possible. The US and USSR for decades played around with this stuff. Who knows just how far they got or for the US/West still going on?

Interesting topic.

I eagerly await more responses.

Personally, SLAYER69, I think it pre-dates the U.S. and Russian conflict.

Think about the spies during WWII.

Perhaps the game of the foxes?

The Game of the Foxes: The Untold Story of German Espionage in the United States and Great Britain During World War II

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1afc200448dc.jpg[/atsimg]

SKL's Amazon Review :

This book was recommended by someone I respect very much. It was definately an interesting look into the planting, hunting, and detention of the German spies before, during, and after World War II.

The Double-Cross system was also informative as well, and the games that spies on all sides played in order to make certain their side won were informative and interesting.

Some of the things that were done were quite simple and some were extremely difficult and diverse. It was definately worth purchasing and I only wish I had heard of the book sooner than last year.

I am of course referring to not only the above book and the stories of those spies, but as well the cover-up under Operation Paperclip.

They had to "push" that lie about the Russian and German rocket scientists.

Yes?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Personally, SLAYER69, I think it pre-dates the U.S. and Russian conflict.

Think about the spies during WWII.

Perhaps the game of the foxes?

I'm aware of that. I was referring to the most recent mass interests. It went on with full funding during the cold-war unabated.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It is very real and very simple. You can find it literally everywhere even if it is only subconscious. Anyone who is trying to convince you of something uses subtle nuances to that effect, whether or not it is deliberate on a conscious level is what you have to ask yourself.

The easiest form of mind control (results-wise, not method-wise) is traumatisation. People are most easily manipulated by their emotional states (take for example, 9-11).

Next would have to be discrediting. If you want someone to be against something else, take the OPPOSITE side, and act accordinly to discredit yourself AFTER gaining others trust in this position.

Once Im done my thesises Ill have more time to elaborate... promise!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Once again you have outdone yourself SKL.

I believe we are in the middle of one big project right now. I was thinking along the same lines with "news" and "entertainment". I can never remember a time when people around me have been so polarized. Some just seem to be turning down right vicious.

If not along these lines, people seem to be more depressed and or stressed.I see it everywhere I look. Don't worry there's a pill for that.
If they don't fit under the above criteria it seems the rest are just a bunch of consuming TV junkie zombies.

I wonder with all the propaganda being "pushed" along with the bombardment of ELF, microwave, radio, and any other kind of wave I might not be listing is just compounding freakieness? IMO YES!

Stop the boat............

[edit on 8-2-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Reminds me of a company formed by a Julia Hobshawn, who was in partnership (PR company) with the wife of UK's UN-elected Prime Minister (gordon brown) prior to the latter's marriage to gordon

The company travelled under the name of 'editorial intelligence'

It's aim was/is to 'form and shape opinions' (Sheepies' opinions), although I'm not certain it stated as much publicly

It aligned journalists and media with 'news'

www.editorialintelligence.com...

Editorial Intelligence (ei) is a new kind of media business which runs an agenda-setting opinion former network

Hobshawm's 'editorial intelligence' was outed by online conspiracy sites. Surprisingly perhaps, one of the first such sites to describe editorial-intelligence as the 'business of forming and shaping (people's) opinions', was a large UK conspiracy site dedicated primarily to the very strange business of the Madeleine McCann case

Apparently though, Hobshawm has again launched into 'editorial intelligence' despite the savage battering. See article here:
www.independent.co.uk...

And then, of course, there's that other organisation named on conspiracy sites, although US conspiracists haven't really sunk their teeth into it yet: Common Purpose

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Very true. Actually, these techniques have been around a long time. They are the same techniques that snake-oil salesmen and faith healers have been using for centuries. For a historical perspective, look into the propaganda of the Nazis. They were the first to start methodically examining and using scientific methods, derived from the charlatans, to implement mass mind control. The difference is that now they have made them even more effective and insidious – almost inescapable.

Coupled with the advancements in psychotropic drugs and electronic stimulus, the possibilities are astounding. Inducing murder/suicide is probably child's play at this point.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Okay, so as to not "push" any one person I am going to answer en masse.

I am absolutely loving these replies from MK-Ultra, to traveling "Intelligence", to the power of suggestion in one posters video.

My apologies to not replying to everyone because I simply was not ready for this particular thread to take off this quick, but every one has great points and interesting thoughts on it.

You might say that I "pushed" myself with my thoughts on it.

I can see how this type of stuff is real and while I posted using the X-Files as an example, the television show used the method itself, to show it works.

I have done many threads on Psy Ops over my tenure on ATS.

The Men Who Stare At Goats : Secret Missions, Movies, and Propaganda

I guess it is up to you whether I am "pushing" a lie, or "pushing" back with the truth, because as we all know, truth is subjective to perception.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Hehe, Nazi psychology is my plan for the first in my thread series. Nazi Germany is a psychologists dream, and I dont mean the we-follow-orders bit which is all they ever touch on briefly in courses.

They had everything down to an art form for manipulation, from the design of their emblems (swastika and eagles), to their chants, rallies, architecture, uniforms, etc. For an amazing example look at the effort Hitler himself put into designing the perfect swastika - it embodies everything needed to rally around a symbol.

Its easy to reproduce (draw), recognisable, unique, eye-catching, aesthetically 9dunno how to spell) pleasing, because every section is a perfect right angle and continuing the lines would make a diamond, a universal shape in the psyche.

And thats just one aspect!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
A thought crossed my mind just before I logged out.

I recently did a thread on puppet dictators and Hugo Chavez popped up.

My thought was about one of my replies based on a Business Administration/Criminal Justice Administration assignment I had done, and posted in reply to someone else, about a friend suggesting I might make a good puppet dictator.

I am curious as to your thoughts on both my friends "suggestion", as well as what my assignmtnet touches on in regards to the Venezuelan dictator, Hugo Chavez.

False Flag Operator, Become Sheep-Dipped Or Wolf-Dipped, and Become A Puppet Dictator?

The reason I ask this is because of Hugo Chavez insisting the C.I.A. was after him.

International Business Assignment : Business Administration/Criminal Justice Administration

A detective agency is a business that has to travel to do business. If you are tracking a person down, you must know boundaries and what you can do within them.

Having a Southern Common Market, with MERCOSUR can affect this type of business in several ways. As a detective agency, I will have to consider many things, but we must consider the following for the country of Venezuela first.

While Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay have already been a part of MERCOSUR, Venezuela is relatively new to it and it is the stepping stone of the South American political system to open a similar trade bloc like the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA with our own South American Free Trade Agreement, or SAFTA, which may potentially link up with NAFTA at a later date.

For the country of Venezuela, this can have many positive and negative repercussions on our economy. If the Venezuelan people let MERCOSUR open the doors to foreign trade, foreign business, and foreign politics, they risk the negative impact of losing individuality even more as a nation, the use of Spanish as the main language as English speaking people may become more dominant, as they have already had the influx of the Italian, Portuguese, Arab, German, African languages that were absorbed into their culture of the wonderful country of Venezuela.

President Hugo Chavez is already a very powerful man, but do they also give him more power through this transaction? Corruption is a distinct possibility with this man, who thinks the American government, through funding and conspiracy of the Central Intelligence Agency are conspiring against him through the use of the video game Mercenaries 2. Is this man a threat to the national stability of Venezuela’s economy? Is he el loco in the head and would this trade bloc help the Venezuelan people out to be rid of him, or would it give him more power to hold office indefinitely? Or what about the War On Drugs where Chavez who regularly accuses the U.S. government of plotting against him, said "the DEA isn't absolutely necessary for the fight against drug trafficking."

Does MERCOSUR help against this man, or does it make this paranoid man even more powerful? These are things I see as potential problems when MERCOSUR opens up Venezuela. I do not see Hugo Chavez letting Venezuela open its arms wide open, unless he controls all the marbles. Well, it seems Hugo Chavez may be a few marbles shy of a full bag, or is he? Is the United States government plotting to make an already paranoid man more paranoid? That is a distinct possibility, since the United States government used similar tactics against Cuba’s Fidel Castro. Hugo Chavez has sworn to send troops into Cuba to help Fidel Castro if the United States interferes with his hold on power. So, we see a dictator in Fidel Castro, and a shaky political leader in Hugo Chavez who see’s his political ally right on the door step of America.

Those are some pretty negative reasons that I see for MERCOSUR in the country of Venezuela, but those same things can be seen as positives in other ways. Since the country already has a very diverse culture and language spread, opening the door through a trade bloc may not be as negative an impact as I first thought. If the surrounding countries are not openly hostile with Venezuela, it may be a political coup in and of itself. You can not have a multi-culturally diverse country without finding ways of getting around the different cultures differences, or even looking to their similarities to secure business for the country. Also, would opening the doors of the country help to further stabilize the economy? This is something to consider, since something like this usually creates more jobs for people from different regions, and lessens jobs for the communities that were already existent. The people who possibly would be put out of work would need jobs supplied to them.

As far as detective agency goes, this can help and hurt the business. To have a detective agency in the first place, being fluent in many different languages would be a prerequisite, not just a something to consider. The first major negative for Spartan Detective Agency I would see, is that being an American in a foreign country would not be accepted immediately. The hiring of local people who are trustworthy, reliable, dedicated, and knowledgeable in the searching for people, tracking packages, surveillance, and patrolling techniques. This would help to increase the reputability of an “American gringo” in this foreign land.

The negatives of MERCOSUR itself for an American would be relocating to a place in Venezuela that has a reputable power supply company. Since Hugo Chavez has been attempting to build a nuclear energy plan, this may not be a consideration for long. Would Hugo Chavez be a fair man with the nuclear energy plan, or would he be another maniacal dictator like Fidel Castro? This is especially a touchy subject, since Hugo Chavez is trying to get help with his nuclear energy plan from Iran, the country the United States of America is attempting to keep from getting nuclear power. The United States of America has accused Iran of disguising its nuclear energy plan for future possible “terrorist actions” in the form of nuclear bombs.

I see this as a literal and metaphorical “time bomb” in Venezuela’s future as a nation and from the implementation of MERCOSUR itself. If the country has opened its borders to outside influence, what is to keep a foreign power like Iran from shipping in nuclear energy supplies while America’s attention is diverted elsewhere? What is to stop Cuba through Fidel Castro shipping weapons of mass destruction to Hugo Chavez?

If these countries are allying themselves together, is it wise to even consider investing in a detective agency in Venezuela in the first place? That’s another negative to consider for MERCOSUR and SAFTA in the country of Venezuela. Is this a literal, figurative, or chronological time bomb waiting to happen?

For positives for the detective agency, I see a few good things. Opening the doors of Venezuela to other countries surrounding it would be a positive, in that the currency of information may be allowed to flow more freely. You can not have a detective agency without information, its most fluid of currencies. Setting up alternate locations in other countries would be an additional benefit, not just in the information sense, but if someone is being followed for surveillance and they happen to cross a border, the rabbit can be passed onto another person on the other side of the border without border or territorial disputes that cause normal law enforcement organizations so many problems.

Using the example of America and the United Kingdom, Venezuela can also establish the same sharing of information about its citizens. The American Intelligence community is not allowed to spy on its own people, therefore it out sources this to the United Kingdom, and the United States does the same for the United Kingdom. This has already been established in the South American country of Argentina, one of Venezuela’s close neighbors.

I see this as a way of skirting civil liberties in American society, but I am not sure about the South American continent. I’m sure the detective agency could use similar techniques to gather intelligence data for its many cases of tracking down lost people, tracking cheating spouses, and any other cases that may present themselves. This would of course have to be set up independent from the national government, but would not be too difficult for the agencies to provide to each other. This would also be an opportunity to create more jobs for the jobless through a communication network of people sharing data for compensation through paychecks, possible insurance benefits, and retirement programs.

Training for these individuals would need to be done by locals, so as to give more people jobs locally and for the local dialects of language, specific regional differences of culture, and whatever other possibilities would present themselves. This would be in consideration of MERCOSUR opening the political, financial, and physical boundaries of the nation of Venezuela to outside nations in South America, and the rest of the world.

Of course the fact that the economy is lower than that of America would also be a consideration in the implementation of the detective agency. If people are used to being paid less, offering them better pay would be an incentive for them to stay at the job, and create their own sense of job loyalty, job security, and doing whatever it took to get the job done. If someone gets better pay, they will work harder to keep that pay. The rules of economics are universal, as are the rules of employment, and the rules of business. The almighty dollar or bolivares in this case rules.

Teaching the employees surveillance and counter-surveillance techniques would be important, as we not only want the employees to know how to track a person, but we also want them to not be spotted by the person they are tracking. The possibility of hiring ex-military or ex-intelligence agency specialists would need to be considered to pass on their training to our employees. Getting the employees up to speed, and then for them to be able to not only implement their training, but to then turn around and use their training to train other individuals through training sessions and active live demonstrations in the field would be of the utmost necessity.

Being sure of who was hired, through thorough background checks would be of the immediate and utmost importance also, as we would not want current Central Intelligence Agency agents working through this company and using it as a shell company to hide their assassins, spies, or intelligence gathering and intelligence sifting agents. This can be rather difficult as the Central Intelligence Agency is able to hire people of local origin, or hire American foreign nationals from the United States to infiltrate any and all organization it sees fits to get their job done.

I do not have a problem with the Central Intelligence Agency, but I know I would not want their business to ruin my business. If people start mysteriously dieing of poison, gunshot wounds to the heads of major political players like Fidel Castro, or Hugo Chavez can not only ruin that persons day, but it can run the business of a detective agency into the ground as well. No one wants to be known as the cover for a CIA assassin squad, or the shell organization that hides the finances of the CIA in a foreign country.

This does little for the credibility of a company, and makes people not want to talk to you, or come to you for assistance in finding out whatever they want to find out through a detective agency.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Great thread, I have no doubt that our government is using every conceivable tool under the sun to persuade, lie, deceive, manipulate, spin, and use Psychological manipulation on the American people to “condition people” to except a certain way of thinking.
This is not new to me, I have stumble on many articles during the years of my research into 911 and there is no doubt in my mind, on the day of 911 it was a well planned “Psychological Operation” among other things.

Here is some great reading material that actually backs my claims and supports yours as well.

The Government Heavily Manipulates Social Media

The U.S. government long ago announced its intention to "fight the net".
As revealed by an official Pentagon report signed by Rumsfeld called "Information Operations Roadmap":
The roadmap [contains an] acknowledgement that information put out as part of the military's psychological operations, or Psyops, is finding its way onto the computer and television screens of ordinary Americans.

"Information intended for foreign audiences, including public diplomacy and Psyops, is increasingly consumed by our domestic audience," it reads.
"Psyops messages will often be replayed by the news media for much larger audiences, including the American public," it goes on.***
"Strategy should be based on the premise that the Department [of Defense] will 'fight the net' as it would an enemy weapons system".
CENTCOM announced in 2008 that a team of employees would be "[engaging] bloggers who are posting inaccurate or untrue information, as well as bloggers who are posting incomplete information."
The Air Force is now also engaging bloggers. Indeed, an Air Force spokesman said:
"We obviously have many more concerns regarding cyberspace than a typical Social Media user," Capt. Faggard says. "I am concerned with how insurgents or potential enemies can use Social Media to their advantage. It's our role to provide a clear and accurate, completely truthful and transparent picture for any audience."
In other words, the government is targeting "social media", including popular user-ranked news sites.
Indeed, the Pentagon publicly announced years ago that it was considering using "black propaganda" - in other words, knowing lies.
In addition, when you look at what the Israeli lobby has done with Megaphone software to automatically vote stories questioning Israel down and to send pro-Israel letters to politicians and media (see this, this, this and this), you can start to see how the U.S. military - an even larger and better-funded organization - could substantially influence voting on social news sites with very little effort.

Moreover,the military has outsourced many projects to private contractors. For example, in Iraq, much of the fighting has been outsourced to Blackwater. And governmental intelligence functions have largely been outsourced to private companies.
It is therefore not impossible that the government is hiring cheap labor to downvote stories on the social media sites which question the government, and to postpro-government comments.
Finally, under the post-9/11 "homeland security" laws, the government almost certainl routinely demands full access to ISPs and websites. In other words, we've all seen polls at Digg, Reddit, YouTube, and mainstream news sites suddenly disappear entirely if a sufficiently pro-government sentiment was not expressed.

Do you doubt that the military and homeland security apparatus would step in to take control of what it considered an "enemy" message? And remember, the government considers any message questioning anything the government does as an enemy message. See this, this, this and this.

www.911blogger.com...

Confessions of a Covert Agent
Psychological Operations are my specialty

www.globalresearch.ca...

March 26, 2000
CNN AND PSYOPS
By Alexander Cockburn
Military personnel from the Fourth Psychological Operations Group based at Fort Bragg, in North Carolina, have until recently been working in CNN's hq in Atlanta.

www.counterpunch.org...

MK-Ultra and Mind Control tools used in the FBI's Unabomber Cover-up exposed!

www.unabombers.com...

Mind Justice
at mindjustice.org

mindjustice.org...

Killing the Political Animal:
CIA Psychological Operations and Us

www.commondreams.org...

Lakewood Public Library
Wild Ideas Lecture Series -- The Battle for Your Mind
Propaganda, PR and PsyOps
Quotron
presented by Kenneth Warren and John Guscott
October 15, 2000

www.lkwdpl.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Some quotes on "mind control" It's a real possiblity and IMO I think it's in use with the general population.

"In the old days" 30/40 years ago the methods were more crude like splintering alters by trauma. Now, I believe many of the mass shootings could be a dead cell that was activated by remote "waves"?

"A Method for Remote Control of Electrical Stimulation of the Nervous System."

- Title of monograph published by Drs. Chaffee and Light, 1934

"[A]t a distance of one or more rooms and under conditions where the participant would not know or suspect that she would be experimented with.... One such experiment was carried out in a park at a distance,... [and] a post-hypnotic mental suggestion to go to sleep was complied with within a minute."

- Dr. I.F. Tomashevsky, Critical Evaluation of the Hypnogenic Method

"Eventually - say by A.D. 2000 - perhaps all this depth manipulation of the psychological variety will seem amusingly old- fashioned. By then perhaps the biophysicists will take over with 'biocontrol,' which is depth persuasion carried to its ultimate. Biocontrol is the new science of controlling mental processes, emotional reactions, and sense perceptions by bio-electrical signals."

- Vance Packard, The Hidden Persuaders, 1958

Duncon O'Finioan and Aaron McCollum get into this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll even go so far and say that I suspect it's possible to "condition" the public by TV.

"Can the human mind be short-circuited or even destroyed by extremely low-frequency radio waves? Preposterous as such an idea may seem, scientists on both sides of the Iron Curtain have been conducting secret tests. Reputable scientists say they could be developed into yet another grisly weapon of mass destruction.... This interference could extend to 'switching off' the brain's vital functions - that is, killing the targeted victims."

- Jack Anderson, July 1985

"The transmitter-reinforcer utilizes space age technology to send accurate readings on the patient's condition to a computer, which digests the data. The computer can monitor many patients simultaneously. If a patient needs a dose of aversion treatment, the computer acts as controller, delivering a tone signal or shock.... One study suggests that radio transmitter receivers should be implanted into the brains of patients to broadcast information to a computer which could monitor and control the patients' behavior."

- Ford Rowan, Technospies: The Secret Network That Spies on You, 1978

"In this investigation it will be shown that the spoken word of the hypnotist may also be conveyed by modulated electromagnetic energy directly into the subconscious parts of the human brain... without employing any technical devices for receiving or transcoding the messages and without the person exposed to such influence having a chance to control the information input."

- Dr. J.F. Shapitz, 1974

The quotes above are from books and people, many scientists that know better than I how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Mind control, interesting subject.

Rockerfeller once said, "I want a country of workers not thinkers".

[edit on 9-2-2010 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join