It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I wrote this while in the military (in Iraq for the 2nd time) and I figured I would share it with you. It popped into my head after wondering why I/we were there and what purpose we were really serving.

Terrorist. One word to which a race of people have come to signify. One word that has been used to strike fear into the hearts of man. This declaration has been both misused and overused by America’s current government administration. The year is 2008 and that expression has been thrown around for the past 5 years or so, making people cringe in fear at the very mention of it. We use the expression “terrorist” today just as people used “communist” in the 1960’s. We use the word terrorist as a means to invade and control the regions and people of the Middle East just as we did in the 60’s with Southeast Asia. Now, as back then, we stand on the brink of global catastrophe because of a single word. The American government needs its people to fear something. They need us to fear an unforeseen force as justification to enact whatever lies in their best interests. They would rather do this then to do what was in the citizens’ best interests. Most people in positions of power care only for themselves and what they can get, as opposed to what lies in the best interests for the citizens of our country. Americans as a whole never look at or talk about history, therefore we are doomed to repeat it. Americans also do not see liberty as our founding fathers once did when they drafted the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. We as a people, and those in seats of government, are more interested in twisting the constitution into some perverted wretch of its former self to further their own wants and needs. Civics is no longer mandatory in the public school system, so many of today’s youth do not even understand democracy, the very way our government is supposed to run. It is human nature to abuse power when left unchecked.
When the cold war ended, the government had no enemies to buildup the American people’s fear of some unforeseen force that was ready to invade our country at some unknown time in the future. The government needs a terrifying internal or external threat to control its people

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Thank You for this.

To paraphrase the "Everything Is OK" guys-

~Terrorism is like War. So, in essence, we have declared War on War. Terror is bad, you are bad, stay scared, go shopping~

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Good post, and right on. Thank you for your service. Welcome and please be so kind as to tell us about what you saw and experienced while there. By the way, love your handle, reminds me of that Hackers movie. S&F.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Actually, Autowrench, that is where I got it from. "Hackers" is actually one of my all time favorite movies. I love the "Hacker's Manifesto" and and would like to see the open exchange of information. I digress as this is off topic from the idea of the original thread.
There are to many people that are oblivious to whats going on in the world. All you have to do is go to your local Wal-Mart and watch the mindless sheep drones fill their carts with the "deals" currently being offered by the conglomeration. Then you have morons like my next door neighbor. I believe he is Croatian and neither him or his wife work. I think he is early to mid fifties and they are both on disability living off all of OUR tax dollars. They are so disabled I see them shoveling mass amounts of snow in the winter and hauling wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow full of dirt to and from their garden. They go shopping and bring back mass amounts of bags from various stores. Must be nice to be an immigrant living on American disability and flying back and forth from their home in Eastern Europe all the time. I served my country and messed up my back in the process and all I got was a 30% disability rating from the government. There are days where it is hard for me to get out of bed, let alone go shopping and haul loads of dirt by hand to an from my garden. It must be nice to "live off the fat of the land" so to speak.
To encompass my time in the military is for another thread and to much to write here and now. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer. I am very open about my military service and will answer any and all questions candidly. Please bear in mind there may be some questions I may not be able to answer just because of security clearance issues.

-Nate

top topics

join