It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT!!!! InvAID: 140+ (and growing) Articles on The Ongoing Militarization of Haiti

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
In my opinion the earthquake was definitely anthropological and what is going own is occupation of Haiti. When America sees oil - America takes oil by any means necessary got to keep those Hummers running.

Every good civilization player would occupy little and weak country that has precious resources (oil). Through the eyes of gamer and strategically thinking man.

You know I wish people would think before posting some of this stuff. America isn't taking oil from anybody to "keep those hummers running." If that was the true story wouldn't we have busted OPEC when we took over Iraq? Wouldn't we have rebuilt the almost disabled oil fields and started gushing out 12 million barrels a day? Then we could have crushed OPEC's hold on markets.

We didn't and why didn't we? Keeping OPEC together means more profits for American oil companies. If OPEC puts a death grip on production if blasts profits through the roof. IF America attacks a country for oil it isn't to keep Jim Bob's H2 running. It is to make sure that the oil reserves aren't privatized. If the oil fields are nationalized it is much easier to "convince" a country to join OPEC. This means the Oligarchy is held together and nobody is threatening Mobil or BP's profit margin.

Besides all of that has anybody thought about refinery capacity? Last I heard the bottleneck on getting more oil to people is the ability to refine what is being pumped. So what good does it do to occupy a country with no oil infastructure and invest money in to building capacity if they don't have the ability to refine it?

Just my double penny.

edit for some spelling and a wrong word.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redpilll

Hey I thought you took the red pill. You took the blue instead.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
When America sees oil - America takes oil by any means necessary got to keep those Hummers running.

Every good civilization player would occupy little and weak country that has precious resources (oil). Through the eyes of gamer and strategically thinking man.

I object. It is not the owners of Hummers who are doing this. The American people have totally lost control of their government. This is the result. It is the fault of the American people, but only because they let themselves be deceived by a "shadow government" that took over American money and American resources and American military to benefit the elite banksters.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is some serious stuff! I dont know how much of it is reliable but I have to agree if this is happening it could have implications on the whole world... I personally sent clothing, food, and toys to Haiti, I know of several other familys who have done the same as well. Not to mention the fundraisers and that Help For Haiti concert.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
So the US should just pull out and see how things go. Well we know how it would go don't we!!!!
It would be a whole lot better than this. If the Haitians were totally isolated and cut off from the world they would be better off and manage somehow working together, but with an invading army with guns to shoot looters or rioters or who knows who, Haiti is in a very bad place.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
But how will this occupation be maintained?
The good 'ol "rebuilding the country" comes to mind....

Also perhaps this can/will be used as leverage:

G7 pledges to wipe out Haiti's debt

Gordon Brown, the British prime minister, hailed the G7 decision, saying "a nation buried in rubble must not also be buried in debt". "The UK has already cancelled all debts owed to it by Haiti and I strongly welcome today's G7 commitment to forgive Haiti's remaining multilateral debt. Timothy Geithner, the US treasury secretary, endorsed the position on Saturday: "The earthquake in Haiti was a catastrophic setback to the Haitian people who are now facing tremendous emergency humanitarian and reconstruction needs, and meeting Haiti's financing needs will require a massive multilateral effort.

Mod Note: External quote was stretching the page; fixed the BB Code.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, good thing we know whos fault this is.....

G. W. Bush. A timebomb set before he left the Oval Office for the last time.

Just ask Obama......

Regardless, I am sure the place will be much better off when we leave or are done doing whatever they are doing.

History will see us as the good guys.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well Im sure we have to be there because of looters and stuff, we have to overlook distrabution or there will be more deaths. Thats why we are there anyway.

aron72 is right, history will see us as the good guys

[edit on 9-2-2010 by theflamingswan92]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

As a veteran of the US military, I can honestly state that the intentions of the US are nothing less than to establish peace, organize recovery, and rebuild the government as needed to prolong peace. If we were not in Haiti, looting, rape, and murder would be the norm, and thousands more would die(...)

Man plz don't insult our intelligence with this "uncle-sam-needs-you-18-years-old-dumb-ass-hillbilly" propaganda. The intentions of US warmongers are nothing but keep the war industry machine fully working. This machine includes:

1 - Industry of destruction-rebuilding nations.
2 - Industry of fossil fuel.
3 - Industry of high tech weapons.
4 - Industry of satellite communications
5 - Pharmacochemistry industry.

If I'm forgetting something someone plz bring the light...

"Stablish peace"??? Should I mention what mariners use to do with Iraq teen girls???

(...)The underlying basis for our actions around the world is our Christian heritage. We believe in helping the poor, the afflicted, the widows, the orphans. We strive to have moral leadership in our Congress, our President, and our military forces(...)

Are you a comedian?? You can't be serious about these statements...

Christian heritage??? Freemasonry rules USA. There are sinister ancient babylonian occultist references everywhere. Since the dollar bill 'til the layout of Washington DC and you got the goats of talk about "Christian heritage"???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d6c0f65ce30.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bff261873281.jpg[/atsimg]

Why the f*ck, White House, the seat of the government of a Christian nation, would be built in the below section of a upside down Pentagram, usually applied in satanic rituals???

Captain America, plz elaborate...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Haiti was a desperate hell hole BEFORE this earthquake. Rife with poverty and crime filled with corruption, how else will order be maintained during this crisis?

Now wait a minute! Haiti had one of the LOWEST crime rates in the Carribean compared to Jamaica and even the Dominican Republic neighbouring it.

As for corruption... There is corruption in every nation on Earth!

I knew this was an invasion from day one. Not only does Haiti have oil, it has gold.

I remember a similiar incident back during the 2004 tsunami. Indonesia was hit very hard, and America demanded that her troops be able to enter Indonesia to 'adminster aid'. Indonesia (probably rightfully) refused, and America's ships that were stationed offshore simply left. No air drops, no anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan

Originally posted by mikellmikell
So the US should just pull out and see how things go. Well we know how it would go don't we!!!!
It would be a whole lot better than this. If the Haitians were totally isolated and cut off from the world they would be better off and manage somehow working together, but with an invading army with guns to shoot looters or rioters or who knows who, Haiti is in a very bad place.

Have you paid any attention to history? Haiti has not been a good country to live in for a long while.

In 2004 there was an armed rebellion to over throw the sitting president. The rebellion started becaus his supporters were killing his opposition, fire bombing radio stations, and muredering journalist.

Afterwards the UN came in and installed a "provisional" government. The president elected in 2006 was elected amid "uncertanties" and public protest. The UN still had "peace keepers" and administrative staff there when the earthquake hit. After being there for six years the UN had failed in their mission to stabilize the government. They also failed to help Haiti crawl out of poverty. It was still the poorest country in the western hemisphere.

That is just the last decade. If you look at the previous decade you will see that it is about the same. Aristide was elected president, he used para-military organizations to murder his oposition, then he was tossed out by a rebellion.

From 1957 - 1971 "Pappa Doc" ran the country. He was known for organizing the farmers in to a para-military force that murdered about 30,000 people in fourteen years. That was after Pappa disbanded the military and killed all of the generals. He then disbanded the police force and gave his farmer army amnesty for any crimes they comitted.

1971 - 1986 the country was run by Papa Doc's son "Bebe Doc." He kept the paramilitary in place. He relieved some of the official pressure on the press, but (according to some) he still ordered the death of his more strident critics. The fact that he lived as a playboy, using government funds to finance a lavish lifestyle, left Haiti unprepared to face outbreaks of disease among the nations pigs. It also left Haiti unable to respond to the emerging AIDS epidemic that nearly eradicated tourism in the early to mid 1980s. In 1986 he was sent in to exile.

Sounds like a country that really does great on it's own.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

dont you know? the us\britain are using south america as a base now. They are gonna take over haiti ect for the battle of WWIII

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

WWIII is starting soon,most likely this year so Us\Britain needs the shore\gold\ect whatever they may use in south america.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
occupation is THE best thing that can happen to haiti wich by the way wasnt invaded there is troop presence in the country of haiti IN port au prince they arnt invading haiti the country people. when this chaos blows over many will be surprised how the eeevil USA has improved the quality of life in the city of port au prince. wich was before the quake comparible to HELL on earth.

But of course it is a conspircy? or is it?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Also I thought Haiti is one of our biggest coffee supliers. so that may also have some economic reasons for all this.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, this news is disheartening, and quite alarming if it is as bad as the reports claim. Why hasn't the aid been distributed? What is the hold-up? Soldiers are good, but as long as they are ensuring distribution is done in an orderly fashion. It seems they are doing combat patrols and locking down vital real estate, but for what apparent reason? Here is a good video, although from Al-Jazeera, but perhaps a view of things on the ground in Haiti?

I know the MSM in America is showing a valiant effort being performed by UN Envoy to Haiti, former President Bill Clinton. However, I am not surprised at all the confusion shown in this latest humanitarian effort? Katrina was very similar and that was on our own continent. Not to go into detail about that, because the issue has already been discussed in great length.

However, twenty-three days is quite along time for things not to be picking up in Haiti. People ought to start asking questions about where their aid contributions are going. Millions of dollars worth of aid have already been sent by private citizens alone, and if things are still up for grabs, were is the money going?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
awesome! a super force of military destruction is amassing in a giant trash heap of disease and stink!... 700+ miles away! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Go even further you'll see that it's France and the U.S. who are the culprits behind Haiti's 200 year long malaise...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
For those of you claiming that the military presence is well justified and needed, ask yourselves this: If your country was absolutely devastated on a national scale, would you want a bunch of foreign troops, especially from the most notorious imperialist nation of the 20/21st century to come barging into your country without any consent from your government?

It's a tough question, and one that I find trouble finding the right answer to.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And get this now:

coat.ncf.ca...

"[T]he colonel in command of the country's largest air force base...Col. Russell Williams, a 46-year-old career member of the Canadian Forces, was charged Monday with first-degree murder in the deaths of Jessica Lloyd,...and Marie France Comeau.... He is now also charged with sexual assault and forcible confinement in attacks on two other women.... Williams was appointed as the base commander of CFB Trenton last July. The high-profile military base is...the main staging site for aid to Haiti. ..."

This is major news in Canada, and I have just made a thread for it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join