It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A great experience with Karma.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Today is just about the best day ever for me. It all started in one of my classes.

Okay, so we take a quiz every class, and then next class period, we go to the front of the room to retrieve our quizzes back. Okay, so this goes on for about 5 weeks.

Today in class, I just happened to notice a peculiar design choice in the classroom.
Even though the room is huge, there were only stairs in between the rows of seats that led down to the front of the class. Think of it like a theater, but instead of runway ramps, there was only stairs.

Next, I notice the girl in the wheelchair in the back of the class. I notice that she has no possible way of retrieving her quizzes from the front of the class/theater type room.

What I did next is what changed my day for the absolute better. I turn to my friend, and I tell her, "I think I'm about to do something really really nice." and that's when I decide to walk across the room to the girl in the wheelchair.

I ask her, "hey would you like me to get your quiz?" and she said, "yes, thank you!" I asked for her name so I could find her quiz in the front of the class.

So I go to the front of the class, and there are different piles of quizzes, the most current one, plus ones that people had not retrieved. I then realize the girl in the wheelchair had never gotten one of her quizzes back, because of her being unable to.

I go through the quizzes, and end up finding about 7 of her quizzes. I was totally flabbergasted. I was so sad that she never was able to get her quizzes, but I felt so good helping her get them. I hand them to her, and she was very grateful. I knew at that moment that we both made each others' days.

The rest of my day went amazing after that. I felt the gods shining their approval down upon me as I walked down the street. I ended up having a very productive day and got many things done that I was putting off until later.

As I type this right now, I still feel the good vibes coming in from doing something so thoughtful today. I didn't do this deed for a reward, but I ended up getting my karma boosted in a positive way. It's just a feel good story for me. I wanted to share it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thats a lovely story, and a fine thing to do.

No matter how small or trivial it may seem, to offer help to a stranger (or anyone) is immensely satisfying, for both parties.
Although help is not always well received, I have encountered people who look at me like I`m some kind of leper for offering help, but nevertheless, I know my actions were of service to another individual so karmas on my side at least.

I always wish I could do much more to assist others though, and although I`m a single parent and by definition my entire week is based upon service to others, I still find that I serve myself at times where there is evidently a situation that could be devoted to making another persons day more pleasant.

In a bid to compensate, when I meditate, I ask to find the way to be much more of service to others, and it does work. Since I began trying this out, Iv`e had situations presented to me that require me to door say something to make another person`s day easier or to put their mind at rest, and when it happens I know it is answer to meditation, it kind of shines from the moment.

S&F for you mate.
Keep looking for the Karmic path.

Namaste`

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well good for you. A random act of kindness goes a long way.
Maybe by sharing your story here others will be inspired, the world sure could use a little GOOD KARMA.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

There's something to be said about karma: You get as good as you give.

I think it's wonderful that you went out of your way to help a person in need through such a simple gesture without expecting anything in return. If you send positive vibes out into the world, chances are pretty good you'll receive positive vibes in return.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just remember there's no guarantees with karma:

The effects experienced are also able to be mitigated by actions and are not necessarily fated. That is to say, a particular action now is not binding to some particular, pre-determined future experience or reaction; it is not a simple, one-to-one correspondence of reward or punishment.

I think this post should be on the front page for a while just to take a break from the doom & gloom I love soooo much. Thanks SolarE

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Another solid post. Most impressive in your short time here.

Karma is real...and it works both ways!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I dont believe constant positivity is such a good thing. Now if the op would have went home and built the poor handi-cap a set of robotic legs or in some other way used science and technology to dissolve the impairment, that would have been cool.

Let us not forget that this is the internet and above that its ATS, and our continuing mission as members of the ATS community is to deny ignorance and most of the time this is done by questioning the credibility of pretty much everything.

I believe this post is a conspiracy. Designed to provoke certain responses from a certain type of person. Maybe to see if there is actually a jerk out there who could find something negative about such a sickeningly cute story. Or worse.

An experiment in sociology,perhaps?

[edit on 8-2-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is amazing, I must admit, giving gives the greatest happiness.

Try to do it in every asset of your life, it makes you an extremely happy person, and who ever you meet will inevitably like you.

I went full out one week, and physically got $100 000.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Good deeds pay dividends for sure. That's how I met my wife.

I was driving into the post office parking lot and noticed a lady who was struggling to tip a dolly loaded with large boxes back onto its wheels so that she could wheel them inside to mail them. I thought to myself, "If no one helps her by the time I find a parking spot, I'll help her out." I parked and realized that she was still struggling with the heavy boxes.

I walked over and offered to help her with the dolly. She was so appreciative. I wheeled the boxes inside and off-loaded them for her, then got into the long line to take care of my own mail business. I looked around and realized that she had gone back out to get another bunch of huge boxes. I got out of line and helped her again. She was so thankful that she offered to give me her phone number, saying that we should be friends. I accepted and 3 years later we were married.

To make the events even more unusual, I had been planning to go to the post office earlier in the day and had even gotten dressed to go but something told me I should wait. Had I gone earlier, I never would have met my wife.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

I believe this post is a conspiracy. Designed to provoke certain responses from a certain type of person. Maybe to see if there is actually a jerk out there who could find something negative about such a sickeningly cute story. Or worse.

CRAP! you caught on to the morbid ,evil plot of FEELING GOOD FOR A WHILE.

Thanks for snapping me out of it! Now back to the DOOOOOOM.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
This is amazing, I must admit, giving gives the greatest happiness.
Try to do it in every asset of your life, it makes you an extremely happy person ....

However it especially seems to make the “elite” very happy NOT to follow the karma rationale. Strange, isn’t it….

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Bravo! The world needs more people like you. Doesn't it amaze you though, that with all the quizzes, nobody noticed this person?? I guess it goes to show you how quickly people assume.... just AssuMe that she must be getting them as she attends the class.

You what Assume means hey? Ass U Me. How many people in the world do I know that are AssuMers, I see them all the time...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45

An experiment in sociology,perhaps?

What in the world? Can't read a good story without thinking its a conspiracy? jeez. get out of the NWO, and aliens and UFOs forums. Seriously. This is a true story. Today really brought me so much joy, all starting from such a simple good samaritan act.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolBlackHole

Your stuck in a bias, no offence.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

a simple good samaritan act.

And you let your friend know before you did it that you were going to do it, then youve told all here how great it was. Youve turned it into an event.. Hey everybody I helped a "poor handicapped person"

I got an award one time at church for being the most humble christian, and they took it from me the following sunday for wearing it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

And you let your friend know before you did it that you were going to do it, then youve told all here how great it was. Youve turned it into an event.. Hey everybody I helped a "poor handicapped person"

I got an award one time at church for being the most humble christian, and they took it from me the following sunday for wearing it.

Oh man, I never meant this story to be like that. It's just I frequent the psychology, philosophy, and metaphysics forum all the time, and I thought this story would be a nice addition to that type of forum.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm boasting. I really don't mean to. I just want to spread a message of "you do good, you get good."

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by CoolBlackHole

Your stuck in a bias, no offence.

Karma is not as much about feeling good as about simple logic. The logic of living in peace and “as one”. If somebody is weak, it should go without saying we help him/her and do not exploit the situation (as so many do today). So what SolarE-Souljah did was of course favorable. And of course we should all strive to act the same way. But the issue will all the same remain in a sorry state as long as our politicians/governments/leaders blatantly disregard these rules. I'm sorry, but that's a sad fact. My post above was not a call for negative thinking, but a reminder that we should stay alert towards our rulers. I will not be possible over the long term for society to act in a positive "karmatic" way, if at the same time our leaders do the exact opposite. As to this, the karma issue has diverse aspects. But as to its basic premise and importance in daily life I fully agree with you and the OP, and thank him for what he did for the girl in the wheelchair.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was wondering if any of you would like to share your stories of doing good and getting good back?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If karma was real, I should have reaped some real bad consequences in the past 20 years for the hurt I caused my ex-husband by leaving him. If karma was real, then mass murderers, after being put to death, would come back as what kind of children? How would you like to be a new parent to a baby entering the world with a nasty mass murderer past, getting his/her karmic results? Karma is not logical at all!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's also a story of how we take things for granted. Thankyou for sharing it, this certainly made my day better. It IS one of the small things, but these things do matter. Our life is a spiritual existence, we work with what we are given. I've had a person change my day just because they smiled at me, I can assure you made hers better.

So I guess my point is, a good day is hard to give away. But it happens every day.. ok sorry

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join