It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Psyop on Toyota and I Got the Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You can always tell when a psyop is in progress. The same subject is covered night after night in the evening news with slickly produced hit pieces.

It became apparent that the Toyota recall was one after about the umpteenth time it appeared on the evening news.

So I began searching the web and I found that Japan had refused to allow the USMC to place a base on Okinawa like they promised.

So now my Toyota which had a very good resale value is worthless. I feel like myself and all the other Toyota owners paid for this military psyop and we had no say in the matter so I think compensation for our loss is in order directly out of the defense budget that would have gone to construct the base.

Thank you. That is all.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWizard

Mr Wizard

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

My point previously was you have never heard of a recall so talked about in your life.

Wasn't there a GM car as well affected?

Did you ever hear of that?

Not really.

That should tell you something.

EDIT: Maybe not about the .mil part which I have no idea, but as a brainwashing technique as a whole, yes.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not sure of what you meant to imply, or if your information was bad, but the US military has had a presence in Japan for over half a century. That includes a Marine base. Actually, many of them.

What I beleive your talking about is a "move", relocation of the base/s within Japan. Obviously, the current facilities are in a major populated area, and noise is an issue. Imagine living near an airport, but the airport takes up half the county/province.

Just wanted to clarify, because as it reads, you made it sound as though there are no bases in Japan...

Since the end of World War II, US forces have mounted major operations from Japan when needed. Among the most important of these operations was the initial defense of South Korea in the 1950-53 Korean War, when Eighth US Army units left occupation duties in Japan to help defend South Korea. The United States again used its bases in Japan and on Okinawa to fight the Vietnam War. Finally, elements of the III Marine Expeditionary Force deployed from their bases on Okinawa to the Persian Gulf during Operation Desert Storm in the early 1990s.

The Korea Conflict of 1950 emphasized the need for maintaining a naval presence in Okinawa. On February 15, 1951, the US Naval Facility, Naha, was activated and later became commissioned on April 18th. Commander Fleet Activities, Ryukyus was commissioned on March 8, 1957. On May 15, 1972, upon reversion of Okinawa to Japanese administration, the two organizations were combined to form Commander Fleet Activities, Okinawa. With the relocations of Commander Fleet Activities, Okinawa to Kadena Air Base on May 7, 1975, the title then became Commander Fleet Activities, Okinawa/US Naval Air Facility, Kadena.

For the most part, service members on Okinawa hold down a typical stateside work schedule. The island's strategic location comes into play during contingencies and exercises, however. The USS Independence carrier battle group took on equipment and supplies at White Beach during the 1996 dispute between China and Taiwan. During the multinational exercise Tandem Thrust, the 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force loaded troops, supplies and equipment onto waiting ships at White Beach.

Much of the news has focused on complaints of a small group of Okinawan landowners who protest US use of their property for military operations. According to the US military, less than 1 percent of the 32,000 owners object to military use of the land, which falls under the US -Japan security agreement. Some Okinawans object to the noise generated by US operations, especially around the Air Force's Kadena Air Base and Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Futenma (which are located in the middle of urban areas), and risks to civilians from serious military accidents, including crashes of aircraft. However, there is no consensus among Okinawans on the bases. Since the employment of Okinawans on U.S. bases is not inconsequential, there is even a sizable though silent constituency in favor of the status quo.
Okinawa, Japan
■Marine Corps Bases Japan

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Hey GBM, good to see you again.

I think I heard maybe 10 seconds on the GM recall after about ten minutes on the Toyota recall. I guess they had to be kind of fair about it. Not.

I will say that with the model change in 2007 I have experienced some of what Consumer Reports refers to as body integrity problems with my Camry like rattles which shocked me because I had never experienced that before and the wheels actually rusted on the surface because the hubcaps they used were not full coverage and they apparently didn't coat the wheel or sue the right alloy. But I've never had the accelerator problem. Otherwise its been a great car like the two I had before that one.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

January 30, 2010. AP. TOKYO - Thousands of protesters from across Japan marched Saturday in central Tokyo to protest the U.S. military presence on Okinawa, while a Cabinet minister said she would fight to move a Marine base Washington considers crucial out of the country.

www.startribune.com...

I guess moving it out of the country would qualify as a "move".

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWizard

I drove an 87' camry well past its prime lol, it was rusted through before it broke. The pitfalls of living in South Dakota in the winter time. But overall never had a problem with it. But now my next car is going to be a GM. Most likely a vibe, heard they were pretty efficient.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Yeah, that was the first Camry I got too - 1987. The 1987 was the most beautiful body style IMHO. I had kept it for over ten years and it still ran great. Beautiful car. Then my father talked me into going American for the image and I got a Buick then an Olds then a Dodge- support the US and all. But I went back to Toyota in in 2002. I think I would consider a Honda for my next vehicle - assuming the apocalypse doesn't intervene.

join