It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Peace With Syria Without The Pre-Conditions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

NETANYAHU: PEACE WITH SYRIA WITHOUT THE PRE-CONDITIONS

www.ynetnews.com

infolive.tv - Prime Minister Netanyahu says Israel wants peace with Syria and the Palestinians. That statement comes just after Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman fired strong words at Syria and the Assad regime in an ongoing war of words between the two countries.
Netanyahu said Israel wants peace with all of its neighbors, and that negotiations must take place without the Arab world placing pre-conditions that mean huge concessions on Israels part ahead of time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

[edit on Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:22:53 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Is this some sort of "front" to state that in the long term this is what Israel ultimately wants is peace.

With Lebonese and Syria forces upping their guard, is this just some softening words to calm their alert troops?

Who knows........ But I guess in the next few weeks, we will certainly find out.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I pray you are correct, and thnx for this posting, it's good to see positive news come out as well as the negative. I do hope however, it doesn't become the age old, "look the ball's in my left hand" followed by a right cross.....jus saying

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Since Netanyahu's return to office, we have seen him take a much, much softer stance. Especially when considered against Sharon, who was as hawkish as they come.

I am tired of tbrowing money away, only to encourage our enemies to continue to arm themselves. Israel needs a solution.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It seems rather strange, hearing this from Prime Minister Netanyahu given the Middle East is practically being fortified by the US as tension rise in the Iranian nuke crisis. Again, if this recent gesture is of a genuine nature. It is very good news, and hopefully, it will loosen some of the tension.

Personally, I hope sober minds come together and solve this one before firing guns at each other. Lets see what Israel's neighbors have to say in their response? If they don't respond, then I would be concerned. It means that they may be preparing for eventual conflict as well. At least he is trying to open a line of communication, and that is a start.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Netanyahu said Israel wants peace with all of its neighbors, and that negotiations must take place without the Arab world placing pre-conditions that mean huge concessions on Israels part ahead of time

Huge concessions such as an end to settlements. Huge concessions like the abndonment of Israel's preemptive strike and assassination policies. Huge concessions such as following international law.

Netanyahu's stance isn't "softer". This is a finely-worded demand for the Arab states to surrender and give up their complaints against Israel. Skillfully-worded so that the Western media can place the blame on the Arabs when they (perfectly logically) tell him to suck their collective left nut.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

new topics

top topics

join