It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Tea Party Crib Notes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Post on pal, your ranting and fatally flawed logic epitomize the reason your party is in shambles today. Splintered, extremist factions. Barney Fife would be proud:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1defa4da2093.jpg[/atsimg]

" Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." - Napoleon

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Feinstein palm prompter

for the record that is illegal during a debate.

Double standard much?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's a pity that you chose to put me on ignore...you likely missed the following post of mine:

You know, in all fairness, she may well have been referring to the fact that in Alaska, the Russkies are not simply some far-away boogiemen....they are a fact of life, neighbours, and that in a lot of ways, Alaskans have a lot more in common with the Godless Hordes than they do with the denizens of the lower 48.
Though I like a good laugh at the expense of a politician as much as the next guy/gal...I could cut Palin that much slack.
But the crib notes still slay me...

Originally posted by centurion1211
First, it is you that's missing the point as usual.
And that point is that no one in the U.S. cares what you as a canadian thinks of the Republicans, or anything else we do. And let me add to that that no one in the U.S. really cares what you - or anyone else - does in canada.

I think you're wrong here. We're cousins, and there's nothing wrong with holding up a mirror. Our cultures overlap enough that it's easy for Canadians to form opinions on what we see down south, and vice-versa. In fact, plenty of Americans on ATS seem to appreciate the discussion...and not just the Lefties. There's lots of intelligent debate that goes on, with concessions on either side when due. What doesn't work is when the discourse is reduced to arrogance and insults... *cough-cough*
to wit:
"The proof of that is that if we did, we'd already own you lock, stock and barrel. Face it. You exist as a seperate country and economy - as much as you really do - at our pleasure and our leisure."

Sure thing.

Best if you take that last suggestion of yours...(Doing nothing is not action...that takes no brains. Come up with an alternative or please...STFU!)...personally.

You know, this post comes dangerously close to that precipice of "Arguing with an idiot makes you an idiot"...but did I not suggest that creating policy is much more constructive and patriotic a pass-time than opposition by obstructionism? Put me on ignore...I doubt you'll miss anything I have to say anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

And your party? Well, this shows the cost of maintaining a spineless belief system:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I think you're wrong here. We're cousins, and there's nothing wrong with holding up a mirror. Our cultures overlap enough that it's easy for Canadians to form opinions on what we see down south, and vice-versa.

Let me stop you right there. There is no vice-versa. I've travelled all over the U.S. and canada, and the fact is people in the U.S. really don't spend more than a few seconds at a time - if at all - caring about what you do or think. You might like to try and make yourself believe we do, but we truly don't. And your "cousins" metaphor is also incorrect. From here it's more like big brother and little brother. And BB doesn't appreciate it when LB starts messing with things in his room LB has no clue about.

In fact, plenty of Americans on ATS seem to appreciate the discussion...and not just the Lefties.

Really? Who? You might get a few people to come to your aid on this thread, but that would have more to do with them wanting to argue with me than it would about sticking up for you.

Oh, and I did read your Palin post after I temporarily took you off of ignore. Weighed against your other posts it comes across like more of an aberration than any meaningful attempt to find common ground. Again the real point is, why would you think we care what you think about Palin? You don't vote here, you don't pay taxes here. You just sit over the border and take pot shots at our people. If the Margaret Trudeau scandal was going on now, do you think any of us would be posting about that? Answer: "no". FYI - I picked on Trudeau because that's about how far we'd have to go back to find something in Canada that might interest Americans.

And last, since I still won't let you have your way, I guess I can probably expect more tantrums and insults. I just won't see them unless someone else quotes you.

Pay close attention to this. I didn't call you any names or insult your intelligence, etc. You might think that saying your opinions don't matter to Americans is an insult, but it's really not. It's simply the truth. Learn to deal with it, although I doubt you can or will.

[edit on 2/13/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So, essentially, the US has manifest destiny to impose its will world-wide, but the rest of the world is forbidden to comment?

Sez you.

Kinda' explains why:
a) The US is in poo;
b) Palin is considered a viable fix; and
c) Some folks just don't get it.

Please put me back on ignore, because our discussion has pretty much run its course.

Quick edit though...Maggy Trudeau? You figure that's relevant? Please evolve, drag yourself out of the '70's...the world has moved on.

Over and out, Sparky.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

uhh.. because she was mocking Obama, in the same speech, for using a teleprompter.

it's called hypocrisy... and she's the queen of it...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Pay close attention to this. I didn't call you any names or insult your intelligence, etc. You might think that saying your opinions don't matter to Americans is an insult, but it's really not. It's simply the truth. Learn to deal with it, although I doubt you can or will.

Might have something to do with 40% of US high school grads not being
able to find the US on a globe.

Canada would stand no chance of recognition.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join