It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Tea Party Crib Notes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OK, perhaps at some pont we've all done it. Used To Do Lists, made notes, laundry lists, shopping lists etc. But the last time I wrote on my hand was in high school.

It would have been fine by me EXCEPT she crtitcized President Obama for use of a Teleprompter.

Palin caught with notes on hand story

I suppose she was just speaking (cough) off the cuff.

Simply hilarious.

Regards...kk

[edit on 8-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Your kidding right? Who cares? Why are we worrying about crap like this when our planet has much more pressing matters at hand. Pun intended..

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That's funny! I also would have thought it to be nothing, but she criticized Obama for using a teleprompter!
What an idiot... She has to write these things down to remember them? How odd...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Here's my thought...

I don't care that she did it (hey, we all probably have at one point or another), but I do care that she seems to have forgotten that she did it and used hand gestures that showed it off.

That shows lack of foresight, lack of thought and poor planning. Dumb.

Keep your palms down! It's really not that hard.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think the point about Obama using the Teleprompter is really about him not having a genuine original thought on his own, not that he can't remember what to say.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Exactly. Who gives a rat's rear end. The current state of this nation would seem to require mOar focus on the Issues it faces ... as opposed to cheat sheets and teleprompters.

Neither is relevant Nor worthy notation or discussion.

Yet .. all the while ... Bobble heads prevail despite, and just as,

"new boss, same as the old boss" and "don't get fooled again"

do, the same.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Your kidding right? Who cares? Why are we worrying about crap like this when our planet has much more pressing matters at hand. Pun intended..

OK, I suppose it might seem mired in minutia notwithstanding the fact that this woman could potentially be in a position to launch nukes. Given that, in my mind, someone who can't remember an hours worth of talking points strikes me as a mental midget and not capable of grasping the complexities of the position.

Butter, milk, eggs.............

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

(Huffington Post, AP Photos, see link)

OH!
MY!
GOD!

Sarah Palin wrote the words "Energy," "Budget Cuts," "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" on her hand! (She apparently changed her notes from "Budget cuts" to "Tax cuts", but didn't have an eraser.)

There. It's conclusively proven: ????

Who really cares, besides the OP and Obama's faithful?

(Anyone who's seen the various MSM replays of the speech knows that she spoke from prepared notes; she even carried them with her, IN PLAIN VIEW NO LESS, when she began the interview after the speech. What gall, right?)

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 8-2-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

(Huffington Post, AP Photos, see link)

OH!
MY!
GOD!

Sarah Palin wrote the words "Tax," "Budget Cuts," and "Lift American Spirits" on her hand!

There. It's conclusively proven: ????

Who really cares, besides the OP and Obama's faithful?

Deny ignorance.

jw

I am not one of the faithful...and given the roar (as noted above) about his teleprompters, this cracks me up. Before nominating her as competition, one might consider the weight of the 'crib notes'...I'm betting Obama might have memorised that stuff.

It all goes to say that if you figure that the annointed ones are nothing more than talking heads anyway...do you really want your President (winkin' atcha) looking quite that stupid?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
kinda kurious, it's called an Alaskan teleprompter. Years ago I upgraded to the then latest version, the 3x5 card.

Anyway, beats getting the words to say through a transceiver. That's like a personal foul in public speaking.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

You got it

It kills me how the media gets focused on stuff like this and they play on it for days. All the while our country is on the brink of collapse.

I can think of allot of people on the hill that need to take notes for themselves.

This country is in desperate need of someone that will speak from the heart and show a little honesty. I'm personally tired of scripted leadership. Notes on the hand, on a Teleprompter or on a friggin piece of cardboard doesn't matter. Its what they stand for and the end result.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Here's my thought...

I don't care that she did it (hey, we all probably have at one point or another), but I do care that she seems to have forgotten that she did it and used hand gestures that showed it off.

That shows lack of foresight, lack of thought and poor planning. Dumb.

Keep your palms down! It's really not that hard.

I am wondering the opposite. Did she show her palms on purpose? So she would get even more ridicule from her non-supporters thus makeing her loyal supporters rally around her even more?

Still trying to figure out "the mystery" here.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think the point about Obama using the Teleprompter is really about him not having a genuine original thought on his own, not that he can't remember what to say.

The things written on her hand were her own personal core beliefs. You would think you could go without having to write down the things you personally value in life? Maybe that is just me.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am thinking that before she goes a huntin' she employs same technique.

Ready, fire, aim.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
haha this is great entertainment.

One side starts by dancing like chicken-little because someone uses a teleprompter. Then, when their "hero" gets caught using a similar method it's all "it's no big deal"

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm not picking any side, but Palin does not apear to be presidential material in any way.

She is constantly doing somthing a little wrong, by making a little mistake here and there. In the end these mistakes bring transparency into the amount of thought she can keep together at once, or that she puts into something before opening the mouth.

She is not afraid of topics that she knows little about.
She seems a little too mentaly challenged for the commander in chief job.

She is VERY entertaining though, and I hope she continues her fish out of water flopping for a long time to come!

GO DINGBAT!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

To be fair, she's an idiot.

(j/k) folks ... don't go waking up Eurisko.

Oh and the video is pretty kewl: news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 9 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks to Sarah, I believe the vast majority of the blonde female population is breathing a collective sigh of relief.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That's funny! I also would have thought it to be nothing, but she criticized Obama for using a teleprompter!
What an idiot... She has to write these things down to remember them? How odd...

*sigh*

Yet another Palin attack thread brought to you by the fearful left.

So what?

How many times did obama pronounce the word "corpsman" as "corpse-man" in a recent speech? Answer is 3.

video link

The genius should have known how to say that word, right? Wonder how many of the military-hating libs on here also just found out the right pronunciation?

[edit on 2/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There really is a big difference between jotting down 3 bullet points and reading an entire speech from the TOTUS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join