It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourselves (again!) for more government spending ripoffs!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I was really shocked to see this, as I commented via seeing your link on another thread, I thought this was Prison food (which is bad enough) before seeing your text...but food for soldiers, this is appalling.

You should maybe do a thread on what Soldiers around the world eat....tbh it has made me really think and I won't moan about English food again. I mean, I understand sometimes it isnt easy to get the ingredients etc, but for goodness sake...that mashed potatoe at the top (I think that is what it is meant to be anyway)....that just looks like it has come from the fridge after 4 days.

ETA I just went back to look at the pics again, what on earth are they giving out not one, but three!!! Kiwi fruit for...nice with ice cream but on their own, and three of them....ewwww....a really thought out menu (not)
edit on 13-8-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2011 by CherryV because: (typos...)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ahh, now I'm remembering the meals on the aircraft carrier I was on. Most of the time it was so salty it locked your jaws (yes, I do know why it was so salty), and many times the line for geedunk was longer than the chow lines. If people knew what we really used that 'bug-juice' for

At one time we ran out of milk and juice and they brought in that pseudo-milk in a juice box. Strawberry.... and it was all green and smelly when you opened it... good times, good times... I feel for ya brother. And I'm sure they spent bucketloads for it to cover logostics, time, and the cost of digging it back up out of the dumpster

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Please will you explain what geedunk and the other stuff is, my mind is working overtime!
Green milk stuff???

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you for the reply FA and I believe what you say is true. I can only imagine what was served in Vietnam times and way back before then. Even the MRE's are still lacking when it comes to good tastes and I doubt there will be further improvements in the near future.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

We used to joke that the eggs they gave us were USDA grade D. I'm not even sure they came out from under chickens. I swear, when they would serve them hard boiled, some of the shells looked bluish and speckled.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aed938aef933.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

The choices got worse overtime and they always served us in plastic plates with plastic silverware. We had choices of diet soda and regular soda but the juices were the only things I can think of that had any true nutritional value. By the time I left Iraq I was over 225 lbs compared to the 190 lbs I use to be. I'm now closer to my original weight thanks to eating right and exercising but never again will I touch that stuff in the pics ever again. There were more pics that I wanted to show of our food but I didn't want to gross out more people then I probably already have.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

They gave you the kind of eggs that look like play dough huh? Those take me back as well and I avoided those like the plague. From what I saw in other bases though they had a better selection of food from KBR. Not much healthier but tastes better somewhat.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Geedunk is navy slang for junk food. Chips, ramen, candy bars, ciggs, soda, etc. They had 'fruit punch' that we called 'bug juice'. In our shop we used it to remove rust and paint from metal. Soak it overnight and it was shiny as a whistle the next day
The excessive salt was 'saltpeter'. It kept the libido completely down. That strawberry stuff was a milk substitute that was supposed to have like a 5 or 10 year warm-store shelf life, so I'm guessing this stuff was 15 years old.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

When I was in basic training, we all got to spend 2 weeks temping in the chow hall. I stopped eating navy eggs then. It reminded me of a giant playdough pumper #9. Powder and water in one end, and stale glop out of the other.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I would starve there.
I don't eat alot of what i saw.

If soldiers are willing to sacrifice for the rest of society then I think they should be afforded some good food.
I wouldn't feed a dog some of that stuff.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I would starve there.

If soldiers are willing to sacrifice for the rest of society then I think they should be afforded some good food.

Exactly. Soldiers often make the greatest sacrifices, and this is the best the governments/corporations can muster up. Disgusting! Soldiers should be eating nothing but the best because every meal can be the last, and that's far more likely if they're feeding your body and brain sh!t.

IRM
edit on 8/12/12 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I would starve there.

Exactly. Soldiers often make the greatest sacrifices, and this is the best the governments/corporations can muster up. Disgusting! Soldiers should be eating nothing but the best because every meal can be the last, and that's far more likely if they're feeding your body and brain sh!t.

IRM
edit on 8/12/12 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

To the elites, we are nothing more than cannon fodder. If I would of known more about what they were feeding us back then, this would of been exposed a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join