It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Claims He Was Fired After Complaining Muslim Pupils Called 9/11 Hijackers 'Heroes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Daily Mail: Christian teacher 'forced out' after complaining Muslim pupils praised 9/11 hijackers 'as heroes'
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Short article:
www.foxnews.com...

Teacher Claims He Was Fired After Complaining Muslim Pupils Called 9/11 Hijackers 'Heroes'

Monday, February 08, 2010

A British teacher was fired from his job after complaining that some of his Muslim students were celebrating the Sept. 11 hijackers as "heroes," the Daily Mail reported.

Nicholas Kafouris, 40, who taught at East London's Bigland Green Primary School for 12 years, is suing the school for racial discrimination after he was allegedly forced from his post because he would not tolerate the remarks of his students.

Kafouris claims members of his class, some as young as eight years old, openly praised Islamic extremists in his classroom, hailing the terrorists behind the attacks of Sept. 11 as "martyrs," the Daily Mail reported.

Kafouris alleges the students told him they "want to be Islamic bombers when we grow up," and "the Christians and Jews are our enemies, you too because you're a Christian," according to the Daily Mail.

The 465-student school is predominantly comprised of ethnic minorities with a majority of students from Muslim families. Many students do not speak English as their first language, the paper reported.

Kafouris is suing his former school, its head teacher, and the assistant head for racial discrimination.

Britain was once such a proud strong country. Why do they act like they lost the war on terror?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I noticed at one point in the story the head teacher said "It would be different if he was, say, 15. He's only 9. He's only doing it to wind you up."

Kids aren't born knowing how to hate. Pure and simple. They have to learn it.

Where do they learn hate? Family, friends, television, and dare I say, church.

Young kids (pre-teen) do not think for themselves the way adults do. They will parrot what they hear from the adults and heroes in their lives. I've seen it a thousand times at school.

Three kids will be playing great on the playground. One's hispanic, the other black, the third white. No problems whatsoever. Best of buddies.

Then one of the students will invariably come to class and say he can't play with the others because the others are "insert racial explitive of your choice."

I hope that teacher gets his job back.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Nothing to do with the war on terror. Islam has been swallowing this country up for some time now. Just look at the demographics.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As much as this could be true, let remember what paper this is.

But what ever the truth there has always been a lean towards the minorities for anything be it law, social behaviour ect.

Just the way it is in England, treat the people who have been here with their familys for hundreds of years like criminals.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This guy should sue for all they've got then become headmaster and start a few policies of his own.
If of course this is true.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Technically, the hijackers were "heroes" to a select few. To us, no. So unless the quote was taken out of context by the teacher, he has no real right to complain in the first place. The first amendment allows the students to speak their minds on said matter. Whether or not they adhere to being patriotic, or not patriotic is irrelevant.

And before you call me unpatriotic, the 9/11 hijackers were not "heroes" to me. I still have doubts about the events that transpired on that day.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You seem to forget it's in England. Apparently only moronic kids and Sharia law lovers are allowed to speak about the event without reprisal.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Typical spread of Sharia Law in the UK. Should be only a few more years until it is part of the Islamic Republic.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
Technically, the hijackers were "heroes" to a select few. To us, no. So unless the quote was taken out of context by the teacher, he has no real right to complain in the first place. The first amendment allows the students to speak their minds on said matter. Whether or not they adhere to being patriotic, or not patriotic is irrelevant.

And before you call me unpatriotic, the 9/11 hijackers were not "heroes" to me. I still have doubts about the events that transpired on that day.

You mention the students right to free speech given to them by the first Amendment. If I am reading the story right, these are British students.
I don't think I have ever read the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United Kingdom.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Its about time we packed all these ignorant dimwit extremests on a boat and send them all back to their cavemen rock throwing countries.
England needs a good cleaning up. These fools are ruining our country. The conservatives and labour arent going to have the balls to do this. That just leaves..........

new topics

top topics

join