It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Murtha Dead: Died At Age 77

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
He was also one of the reps that was talking about bringing our troops home...

He was always gettin blasted on Talk radio for that.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Murtha was killed by Republican doctors who lacerated an intestine, then sewed him up waiting for the infection to take care of things.

Right, KK?

The only reason he didn't get indicted in AbScam was that the FBI didn't offer enough money. He asked them to keep him in mind to "do business" in the future.

He resisted cuts of wasteful spending. He diverted money to his constituents for no legitimate purpose other than to ensure re-election (as BHO is doing). He diverted money to contracts and contractors that enriched his family business.

He was a leech and a throwback. He called his constituents "racists" when it suited him, and railed against their type-casting by Obama during the campaign.

Murtha was a hypocrite who rode on his military career as a spy in Vietnam to Congress (the two major goals of his life, he wrote) and a good life on the taxpayers' dime. He should've been in prison instead of the Capitol.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Certainly not a great loss in any stretch of the imagination.

Lets just hope PA puts someone in his place who wasnt quite as criminally corrupt.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

He was a HERO!

He brought jobs to the Johnstown area...

Uh-huh. That's why the area is so thriving, huh? You can buy a house for less than $5K in many parts of Johnstown. Not that you'd want to - there are no jobs to suport a family. There is no industry left, and the young educated crowd is fleeing. Crime is out of control there, for such a small city.

Maybe Murtha brought a dozen or so jobs to his political cronies in that Windber defense plant, but that is about it. Other than that, he threw around a few bucks for senior centers and the like (the remaining population) but that's about it. He did very, very little for the city of Johnstown.

Sorry to sound so down, but Johnstown used to be a very nice town until the mills shut down. It has been dying for over 40 years now, and Murtha helped to kill it, imo.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I salute this man and his tireless lifelong efforts to make America a better place.

Then he got elected to congress and found out that there are millions (billions?) of ways to waste the taxpayers money on any and every pork barrel project he could imagine.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Only Republicans can be considered valiant since they have a monopoly on decency, religion, honesty, honor and patriotism.

[/sarcasm]

[edit on 8-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

See? I knew you would finally start understanding how things are supposed to work. And here I thought you were stupid.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Being from that state but not that district and hearing of him all the time. John Murtha was a Corrupt Politician, hes was a democrat and sat in that seat for around 35 years.

Funneled money to his families Military Contracts
Huge PORK barrel spender
Insulted the people of his district calling them racists
Flip Flop on the Iraq War (for it and against it-like most of them did to fit the theme of the year)
Funneled money into his OWN airport 150 million to a place that serves about 30 fliers a day

I hope the people of west PA move in the right direction and not let another man like this sit in that seat and not for as long

This fits perfectly with a "Time Traveler" from another Thread I asked when Kennedy and Murtha checked out - he said Murtha in 2010 only if i can find that thread

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

He was no hero and I am sure he is sitting at the front of the devils table right now talking about how he really did a good job for him. I feel not one bit of sorrow for him or Kennedy they where both bad men and deserved every misfortune that came there way. Michael Jackson is another one sometimes the things we do in life are so bad even death does not wash it away.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow, the long knives are out for the recently deceased. How noble.

And since you all bring up scandals, just a reminder about "values."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08c5fbe431ce.jpg[/atsimg]

I just put on fresh undies and have no further desire to waller in the pig pen.

On topic:

By any measure of a man, he was true American. He fought for his country and was committed to his beliefs. He will receive a fitting military funeral with full honors. May he rest in peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
He was also one of the reps that was talking about bringing our troops home...

He was always gettin blasted on Talk radio for that.

He also voted to to sent them over there in the first place. As I recall he was pretty hawkish on that issue. I'd have alot more respect for some of these Congresscritters if they had voted against the war in the first place, instead of changing their minds with the political winds.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Still grasping at straws aren't you? So much that you had to pull out a VISUAL AID! Not just any visual aid, the infamous FLOW CHART OF REPUBLICAN SEX ATROCITIES!!!! OMG!!!! LMAO!!!!

You seriously make me laugh out loud.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Thanks. I am a visual kinda guy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/142c73e1e224.jpg[/atsimg]

That doesn't minimize the overwhelming sentiment by fellow politicians and close associates as to the morals and virtues of this great man. Respects.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I love how the mere suggestion that people in his district hold racist attitudes is so offensive. I guess the truth hurts ?

RIP John Murtha

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

He was a HERO!

He brought jobs to the Johnstown area...

Uh-huh. That's why the area is so thriving, huh? You can buy a house for less than $5K in many parts of Johnstown. Not that you'd want to - there are no jobs to suport a family. There is no industry left, and the young educated crowd is fleeing. Crime is out of control there, for such a small city.

Maybe Murtha brought a dozen or so jobs to his political cronies in that Windber defense plant, but that is about it. Other than that, he threw around a few bucks for senior centers and the like (the remaining population) but that's about it. He did very, very little for the city of Johnstown.

Sorry to sound so down, but Johnstown used to be a very nice town until the mills shut down. It has been dying for over 40 years now, and Murtha helped to kill it, imo.

Friend, you should understand OT is pro-life, pro-family, rather conservative, but no fool.

Mr. Murtha, was a good man...I personally know of 75 jobs he brought there....and i have been there a total of 20 days, in the last 4 yrs...I am certainly not an expert in/on Johnstown..but a "dozen jobs" is a lazy post, and your 3 "star" friends should slow down before saying, "great post"

I clearly KNOW of what I speak...there is no credible debate...if evidence was seen by all...

please here me...he loved our country...he loved his area...certainly made mistakes, we all do....please.....as the ONE said, "he who is without sh!#, throw the first rock"

Shame on my conservative brothers and sisters for tramping on his grave!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

He was no hero and I am sure he is sitting at the front of the devils table right now talking about how he really did a good job for him. I feel not one bit of sorrow for him or Kennedy they where both bad men and deserved every misfortune that came there way. Michael Jackson is another one sometimes the things we do in life are so bad even death does not wash it away.

WOW!

What an incredibly "young" post...I'll leave it at that "subjective"...whewww

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

OT

75 jobs? Do you know how many jobs have been lost in Jtown form the mill closings? Tens of thousands.

Do you know how much money Murtha siphoned in his job as rep? Tens of millions of dollars, if not hundreds of millions of dollars. And he created, what, 200 jobs? Pretty well-paid jobs, if you do the math.

All that skilled labor, all those families. Shame on Murtha.

But he did get the Johnstown Airport re-named after himself. And gave them over $150 million for a port that has a max of 30 passengers per day.

Hero? I don't think so. Crook? You bet. A*hole? He called his constituents racists and the Marines murderers.

You know nothing of Murtha, my friend.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I said I'm one guy that saw 75 jobs...did I exaggerate? No...the amount of jobs lost over the last 40 yrs is sad...but waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy beyond Mr Murtha!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

With your immature and limited logic, might as well blame him for Cleveland and Detriots loss jobs, too...really, why are you soooooo lop-sided?

[edit on 9-2-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I love you progressives instead of looking at what is hand you must try and point the conversation in a different direction to deflect. The people that defend this scum bag are probably not to far behind him in the ethics department. And for the record my user name is a pretty easy thing to understand the facts are not subjective but personal truth is get it. This is your greatest flaw you progressives like to put forward personal truth as fact. It is why you will always fail in the end you arguements are made out of paper just like your ass*s.
And this is not a young persons saying now is it.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

With your immature and limited logic, might as well blame him for Cleveland and Detriots loss jobs, too...really, why are you soooooo lop-sided?

End of discussion with you. In the future, discuss the topic and do not attack other members.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I tell you what, I need gallbladder surgery but I am high risk , and the doctors do not want to do it. I tell you , this makes me even more afraid.
I have done some research and this surgery is not as risk free as they would lead you believe. There is a high complication rate, but lapproscopic was pushed though as being easy and made to sound like an easy surgery because of the time cut in OR. The old way , though longer, has less complication rates than laproscopic does. There is more time in recovery , but less chance that your intestines will be nicked, or that you will get bile duct injuries or that you will get pancreatitus.

In any rate, for now I am living with the pain and watching diet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join