It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS thread leads to evolutionary discovery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Researching an ATS Thread regarding the Pineal Gland resulted in a possible discovery in the evolutionary process.

When I use the term evolution, I mean the ability of animals to adapt to their environment, not creation. Therefore, this may be posted in the wrong forum, Mods, please move appropriately.

Since I had little faith anyone would read my response on the 10th or so page of the thread I thought this was important enough to start a new thread.

Please let me know what you think.

This was the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here was my response to said thread.

Thank you for the thread as researching this has opened my eyes drastically.

The responses here seem to be completely opposite of my findings, however.

Everyone so wants a higher spirituality that you are all missing the point here.

This is a Psychedelic. These are not outer body experiences or a state of higher consciousness; these are hallucinations from a psychotropic drug.

This is what causes dreams during sleep.

I found several more vitally important aspects to the gland and the chemicals it secrets.

It turns out that not only fluoride inhibits the production of said chemicals but sunlight and follicles affect them as well.

The primary result to this is aging. How amazing a discovery here.

As we evolve form our hairy outdoor ancestors and live indoors and lose follicles, we live longer and evolve. This is huge.

Although he majority here will be stuck on the whole shakra and spirituality of the hallucinations, the aging effects and evolutionary process that makes us live longer and be more in tune with the physical nature of the universe rather than the mental dream world and fantasy world of the past.

I finally have some hope that we will evolve rather than the dumbing down I thought we were destined for.

A pre-programmed system in animals that will automatically kick off evolution. Animals that live outdoors and have hides to protect them will have a shorter lifespan and provide them a mental escape since they can not physically interact with their environment.

When you move indoors and lose the hides, you live longer and learn about the physical world around you and learn how to manipulate it.

The example of the larger gland in cows is a great example. They are not higher spiritual beings as the posts left here about a higher consciousness would have to lead.

Research it for yourself. If you don’t trust Wikipedia as some here do not, simply compare the info in these links to medical dictionaries.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Turns out this is may have been what the Mayans were hallucinating on. Perhaps this is the reason for the human sacrifice and many Gods they worshiped.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thought provoking stuff. I didnt get that far in the thread, because as new-agey and positive minded as I am, I can only listen to that stuff for about one page.

Beyond what makes you happy in spirituality, there is still a science of things. Most often, one hand washes the other when comparing the two.

There has been much study on the subject. The small gland at the base of the skull is what has been refered to as the "third eye" for some. Considering it controls Circadian sleep patterns, possibly dreams, melatonin functions and levels......

And youre right about human sacrifice. It was for spinal fluid and gland consumption, pancreas, and the pituitary or "master gland"......

Here is a link to an essay on the subject you speak of.
Pineal Gland research

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

Man...I highly doubt that this '___', is the results of dreaming. It might contribute but not the result. What about the drugs duration? If there’s a lot of '___' in your body while you are dreaming, you would wake up tripping out still seeing hallucinations. It hasn’t even been proven that '___' is actually in the pineal gland. It was a theory from that Spirit Molecule book.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Thank you, very interesting stuff.

I didn't know the sacrifices were believed to be anything other than offerings to Gods.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What is your "evolutionary discovery"? A discovery would warrant evidence and studies. How is your claim about sunlight and aging backed up by anything?

Maybe I'm missing something. All I see is that you made a few claims and called it a "major breakthrough" and "discovery", without anything to substantiate it or even the ability to fully explain it well.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In some traditions, cooking foreskin and eating it is OK.

What seems wrong for some is tradition for others. Too bad we dont have any Medical Doctor's notes from archaic human culture. he would know immediately what they were doing and why.

Im sure, there is fluid somewhere in your body that provides hallucinatory results.

But Im not a doctor, just a Biology major dropout.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

According to the link below it is present in the human body and part of Serotonin production. If REM sleep creates images in your brain during sleep and sleep is regulated by Serotonin which includes the '___', is there any other conclusion?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Okay read the links.

I know research takes time but you may learn something.

I did.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This little chemical produces complex 3D images? I do not think so. As the poster here said, it may contribute to it but it do not produce complex images where sometimes even you can interact with them.

It does not explain out of body experiences.

It does not explain how even blind people see during NDE.

This is just grabbing at straws.

Turns out this is may have been what the Mayans were hallucinating on. Perhaps this is the reason for the human sacrifice and many Gods they worshiped.

What?

If, according to you, we are hallucinating on this little chemical, we would be doing more crazy stuff today, no?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Not really in defense...because your points are valid Deaf Alien(they usually are!)

But WE DO crazy stuff as it is. I mean..look at history

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

Not really in defense...because your points are valid Deaf Alien(they usually are!)

But WE DO crazy stuff as it is. I mean..look at history

Very true

But you don't see many people chopping heads in sacrifice to gods today, do you? At least I hope not

Sure people do a lot of crazy stuff today, but to claim that '___' or whatever causes people to do crazy stuff would mean that it would be even worse for us today as in the case of Mayan's sacrifices and many other things.

BTW, thanks for the compliment.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

It does explain complicated hallucinations. It is very possible to interact with hallucinations, as they exist solely in your brain.

NDEs and OoBEs can easily be explained by the body's fantastic brain chemistry. So far no one has ever provided evidence to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

And the only way to eliminate the flouride that accumulates in the pineal and slows its function is with iodine...
...amazing!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Could it be that because the pineal gland is rich in hormonal secretions that it is consumed by dark occult entities to prevent aging, or at least premature aging?

Wasn't Dracula supposed to be thousands of years old? And wasn't the tactic first to frighten and then to drink the blood?

Could it be that pineal secretions are the basis of the "Elixir of Life" formula?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It's far more likely that Dracula, and all other vampires, are myths.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
What is your "evolutionary discovery"? A discovery would warrant evidence and studies. How is your claim about sunlight and aging backed up by anything?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Nah mate... you missed nothing. You're bang on!

IRM

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Alethea

It's far more likely that Dracula, and all other vampires, are myths.

Myths are often used to disguise truths and have hidden meanings. Where there is smoke there's fire.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

That is not evidence of anything. You claim that "Myths are often used to disguise truths and have hidden meanings", and yet provide no evidence to back up your claim.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Where there is smoke there's fire.

And sometimes where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

IRM

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well personally if I am honest, I think its very sad that you are starting someone elses thread in your own.

It shows to me a lack of imagination, jumping on the bandwagon kind of thing.

Its not a major discovery, quite a few people know about it so your claim is absurd.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join