It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual orb photographed. Any explanations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that most orbs captured on photos are dust or moisture orbs. I found this unusual orb in a photo that I recently took and I'm wondering if anyone can explain the strange coloring around it. I will add that this photo was taken in a house where someone had just recently died, but I'm not claiming this to be a spirit orb. What could make this orb appear this way? The shades were down in the room, and there was no mirror in the room. It was daylight and no lights were on in this room. The photo was taken at 3:50 pm. not am. I've never photographed an orb like this before and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the camera or not. I'm not saying it is a spirit orb, and I'm not saying it isn't. What could make this orb look like this? I did crop and enhance using photoshop. I don't want to show the whole photo because 1, it's very large, and 2, I mentioned someone recently died in this house and out of respect I don't want anyone to be able to identify where it was taken in case friends or family members view this site.

Original, but cropped

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaecc97c8f35.jpg[/atsimg]

Inverted

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cafa48c2881e.jpg[/atsimg]

Auto level

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f3560980bb6.jpg[/atsimg]

Equalized

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b125900b877.jpg[/atsimg]

data

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbc6ac05c652.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

When you took the photo, did your camera's flash go off? If so, perhaps its a reflection of some sort? I don't know why, but it had a prismatic feel to me....

I agree that most orbs are simply dust, bugs, or wishful thinking. But that's an interesting pic, can't wait to see what some of the real 'experts' say.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't think any flash was used at all. Maybe someone who knows something about photography can explain it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Can you post the original non-edited and non-cropped photo?

Thanks

[edit on February 8th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I can not post the original unedited photo. I can make a larger crop of the original, if that would help any.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I can not post the original unedited photo. I can make a larger crop of the original, if that would help any.

no, it wont help.
ppl want to see the original photo as it was taken. we understand your protecting loved ones from not showing it but you must also understand we need all available evidence in order to help you.

but if u ask me looks like your typical flash reflection of a light, even if there was no flash the lights on the ceiling must have caused this. There are more strange photos of orbs than this, this looks nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok, thank you. I guess this will remain a mystery then. It's more important to me to be respectful in keeping the photo unidentified than it is figuring out what might have caused this.

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
Ok, thank you. I guess this will remain a mystery then. It's more important to me to be respectful in keeping the photo unidentified than it is figuring out what might have caused this.

Thanks again.

It is absolutely impossible for any analysis to be done on a photo that is not in original form. People can guess all they want, but those guesses are pointless without the original photo.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Is there anyway to post the original and put those classic black bars over telling marks? To hide identifying features I mean.

I know that will not go over well with a lot of folks, but it could show more of the photo.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That's the reflection of dust or other artefact.

Nothing special I've seen it before.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow...close shots as far as I can see. There are some round creatures around here that you can't see with naked eyes. But in the fog which seems to cling to them and make them seeable were caught by a flash. This has happened twice since there has been an unusual amount of fog here. Also, I caught some on the flash when I took a pix from inside my room and they were/are? in here! Weird. I also saw some in some pixs from Kuwait where my daughter was with the military. I have no idea if they are angels or aliens. I also caught some weird lights across the street last year, but that video I put on google and YouTube. I'll get the link for you if you would like to see it. Here is the link to the creatures I downloaded here:/media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=2000
Let me know if they are similar to yours. Have a great night.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Swamp gas

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ZenaV

gotta love those invisible fog creatures that you cant see with your naked eye that are hidden by fog, and gotta love how fog is just everywhere don't ya know? Stay off the meds.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have had these kind of things turn up in my photos before.

i48.tinypic.com...

i48.tinypic.com...

I had the idea that they were something caused by the flash and the damp air (it was raining on and off the night these were taken). My ex boyfriend insisted they were 'spirits' though.

They also looks similar to something seen in the Capturing the Light DVD (Thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...). At one point when a woman is being interviewed, a moving and flashing light can be seen in the background outside of a window. They slow the footage down and also point out a small, transparent circle like the one in your photo and these. It moves around the screen for a moment before disappearing.

Of course the authenticity of the DVD is up for discussion. But it does look similar. =)

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Its dust im pretty sure.
Get a towel and slap a spot with a lot of dust and snap a picture! and BAM! You have what you got a picture of!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I think its dust. Depending on what the dust is made of you can get a lot of pretty colors and some people like to make shapes within the orb with their imaginations (which some incorrectly think are faces).

Here's one of my images from a ghost hunt I was on to illustrate how dust orbs can look pretty convincing but are normal

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/285274abe5a9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it is dust, but I've never seen a dust orb with that much color. I wondered if it was my camera settings, or what that made it so colorful.

new topics

top topics

join