It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I changed my mind about Everything

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have decided to abandon my quest for Truth, and embark upon a quest for happiness. I do not know if Truth will lead me to happiness, but I do know that it is impossible to discover real Truth about the universe until I die. The purpose of life is to die. Everything lives, and everything dies. We pass our seed on to the next generation of our species. I have done that. I have a son that I must raise to become a man, so that he can continue the species as well. Though one day, we will die. That death I can only assume brings the truth of everything with it. To die is to be free of this world. I do not actively seek death, I only wish to passively accept it when it comes. I do not fear death, I only grieve the fact that I may never see my wife and child after I'm gone. It is my hope that I may avoid that fate, though. Perhaps when I die, I will be with them again. Perhaps not. But while I am here, on this beautiful Earth, I will seek true happiness for myself and others. My own happiness may be primary, but never at the expense of others, for I have a conscience, and I dare not damage that conscience due to greed or selfishness. I have learned in a few short years that to give is indeed better than to receive. I will try to become a kind and loving man in a happy life. This is my quest.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I have decided to abandon my quest for Truth, and embark upon a quest for happiness. I do not know if Truth will lead me to happiness, but I do know that it is impossible to discover real Truth about the universe until I die. The purpose of life is to die. Everything lives, and everything dies. We pass our seed on to the next generation of our species. I have done that. I have a son that I must raise to become a man, so that he can continue the species as well. Though one day, we will die. That death I can only assume brings the truth of everything with it. To die is to be free of this world. I do not actively seek death, I only wish to passively accept it when it comes. I do not fear death, I only grieve the fact that I may never see my wife and child after I'm gone. It is my hope that I may avoid that fate, though. Perhaps when I die, I will be with them again. Perhaps not. But while I am here, on this beautiful Earth, I will seek true happiness for myself and others. My own happiness may be primary, but never at the expense of others, for I have a conscience, and I dare not damage that conscience due to greed or selfishness. I have learned in a few short years that to give is indeed better than to receive. I will try to become a kind and loving man in a happy life. This is my quest.

Congradulations for finding actual truth in this world by friend. By accepting death, letting go of your fears and pursuing the real goal of life which is happiness, you have effectively won.

Mind you a quest for happiness will most likely bring you more truth than a quest for actual truth would have brought you anyway.

Good luck!

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hear ya.

Life is meaningless, so if you were to give it meaning, it better be good.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Welcome to the party !!! Congratulations !!!

Truth is subjective and is just a word, therefore, we can never find it and we never will.

Joy is the goal of all organisms. Joy too is subjective, depending upon the organism, but it is not just a word. Why? Because we can feel joy.

Once again, welcome to the party my friend.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by polychronopolis]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why be afraid of death? After all, it is only natural. Every living thing must die--plant and animal, insect and human alike. Death is as certain as life itself--in fact, more so: life is never a certainty to begin with. Since we will all die there is no sense in categorizing it as bad. Our time on this earth is short, and we will all be going soon. Doesn't it then make sense to live one's life unafraid so that each of us gets the most out of every day?

One should live rationally and within the bounds of nature. Likewise, communities should be constructed in this way as well. Go into life unassuming and unafraid. Do not fear death or hardship; both will come with time, and there is nothing any of us can do about it. Do not be selfish and greedy, and be kind to your fellow man unless he is deserving of your scorn. Do everything you can to fulfill your potential as a human being, but do not be unrealistic. Find what you are good at and do it well. Let not natural events be the recipient of your harsh thoughts and words, for this is the way it is--the way it needs to be--and it is all for the best. Recognize that life is a process, and that all of our lives together work in sequence. See things for what they are, and not for what they might simply appear

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Absolutely the whole truth and nothing but the truth sir.

I tell others everyday that NOTHING matters but your health and happiness.

If you are healthy nothing else matters. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Everything is small stuff. In a hundred years WHO’S GONNA CARE. But they never listen.

Problem is Humans can not get this. What others say and do, or bills or whatever makes them upset. This makes no sense.

People have been told for so long that it is okay to be angry and to let your feelings out and to cry. They have been programmed that these feelings are normal.

Shrinks get them in a room and bring up old stuff from their childhood that they forgot all about and make them worse. Ever notice the popularity of shrinks and the increase in depression and suicide correspond? More murder suicides now that shrinks are common, covered by medical insurance, and companies actually send their people to them. Police departments and the military have on staff shrinks and more cops kill themselves than ever. The military has an epidemic of suicides and they have on staff shrinks. This should have lowered it as the shrink should get them a discharge if they have mental issues. Seems like a trend to me.

Live your life and eat healthy and exercise as your health is all that matters.

Don’t worry be happy. Perception is reality. What ever you think about, you are thinking about…that is reality.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!!

ENJOY IT!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A while ago i was afraid of death. After i lost my loved one i have come to accept death. I am ready. Before i only thought about 2012 as a curiosity, now i secretly wish it would come true. Secretly because of i am such a skeptic that i am almost certain i would be let down badly if i put my bets on it. But still, somewhere deep inside i am fed up with the way life is on earth and primarily my life, which is the reason i tend to secretly wish for the world coming to end in 2012.

Meanwhile, i tend to focus on something good, something worth living for. Because i lost the most loved thing in my life i must try to cling onto something else, since i do not believe we ourselves should decide when we are born or when we die; hence no suicide.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Truth and Happiness go hand in hand. An indicator that you are heading towards truth is that you start feeling more in sync and whole, an indicator that you are heading towards happiness is that you discover new truths.

Skyfloating, 2010

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Truth and Happiness go hand in hand. An indicator that you are heading towards truth is that you start feeling more in sync and whole, an indicator that you are heading towards happiness is that you discover new truths.

Skyfloating, 2010

This is an exceptional phrase by you, if in fact this is original text by you!

This could be my first signature

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

i sense sincerity while reading your words so i saw myself in those issues and i hate all of it

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
the interesting thing is again death to those who live life may only be a new phase of existance and shouldnt be feared hopes this helpes to enlighten you all in the quest:

rev-6:9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: YOUR SOULS LOCATION WHEN YOU MADE IT

rev-6:10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?YOUR SOULS INTERACTION DIRECTLY WITH CREATOR

rev-6:11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.YOUR SOULS BEING TALKED TO BY THE CREATOR DIRECTLY

REV-6:12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

REV-6:13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

REV-6:14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

REV-6:15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; D.U.M.B.S.

REV-6:16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:HIDDING INSIDE D.U.M.B.S. LOL FROM GOD THOUGH REALLY!!

REV-6:17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?NOONE EVEN THOSE WHO FEEL THEY ARE SPECIAL WITH DD.U.M.B.S. ARE SAFE FROM THE WRATH OF THE LAHMA

ITS JUST A PHASE YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND IF NEVER EATEN FROM TREE OF KNOWLEDGE TAKE CAR YALL AND CHEER UP ETERNIA IS IN THE MIDST NOT NANO LIFE LONG TECHNONOGY BUT ETERNIA!!!

[edit on 2/8/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is quite a thread.
To fear is to emit a low vibration. It is this low vibration that can consume a persons health. One way I've found to look at death is to think how many have gone before me.

If fifty billion other people can get through it, I know I can.
To be ironic. life is a death sentence.
Someday we all solve the great mystery.
To anyone who likes an adventure, could this be lifes greatest?
One thing is certian we all embark into the unknown.

The only way I can understand a fear of death, would be if there was no
hope. The ultimate truth is the creator has given us hope. Hope that we
will see our loved ones again. The remorse of losing a loved one can be
comforted by hope.
Jesus Christ is hope.
SnF

[edit on 8-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Very good conclusion you reached there. I am also of the same opinion and a dream made it all happen
May you have the happiest life a human can live and good luck !

You may also check my thread here

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

Hi Fatality. I was slowly coming upon my own epiphany when I read your thread yesterday and it was like confirmation for my mind.

To everyone: Thank you for your input. I appreciate the support and confirmation I have received. The reason I wrote about my little change of heart was because I trust the good people of ATS to share their true feelings on the matter, and I believe in my fellow humans, my beloved species, even if those in power abuse their offices in corruption. I am here to say that I absolutely love each and every one of you. I'm not some tree hugging hippie, either. I truly have a deep, resounding love for my human brothers and sisters. I can honestly say I have never felt this love before. This is something entirely new for me. I have always looked at humans with contempt and disgust, in regards to the evil that we always do. But now, I see that of the 6.8 BILLION human souls living on this beautiful planet, almost every single one of them is benevolent and caring, even if they don't always act like it. Besides, the negative always stick out like an elephant in the room, even among a majority of good people.

Thank you, all.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by imans

i sense sincerity while reading your words so i saw myself in those issues and i hate all of it

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. What do you hate, and what do you see yourself in? Please elaborate.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Now you can walk the path of the true human being.
Already you've inspired me to redefine my own path.
Love is the greatest thing we can discover.
Great thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That was a nice read.

I'm not really looking for the truth myself... I'm just hoping a few government lies finally get exposed.

I have this awful feeling that there won't be any happiness to search for if this mass deception lasts much longer.

It feels like I'm there will come a time when we all be forced to just merely survive... and it's hard to focus on a search for happiness when you have this "feeling" weighing on your shoulders.

But anyway... thanks for giving me some good advice... Now let me me just suggest that you don't fall back asleep in the quest for happiness.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
reply to post by Fatality

Hi Fatality. I was slowly coming upon my own epiphany when I read your thread yesterday and it was like confirmation for my mind.

To everyone: Thank you for your input. I appreciate the support and confirmation I have received. The reason I wrote about my little change of heart was because I trust the good people of ATS to share their true feelings on the matter, and I believe in my fellow humans, my beloved species, even if those in power abuse their offices in corruption. I am here to say that I absolutely love each and every one of you. I'm not some tree hugging hippie, either. I truly have a deep, resounding love for my human brothers and sisters. I can honestly say I have never felt this love before. This is something entirely new for me. I have always looked at humans with contempt and disgust, in regards to the evil that we always do. But now, I see that of the 6.8 BILLION human souls living on this beautiful planet, almost every single one of them is benevolent and caring, even if they don't always act like it. Besides, the negative always stick out like an elephant in the room, even among a majority of good people.

Thank you, all.

Actually, many are born without conscience. You've encountered them many times before, and most likely didn't recognize it the vast majority of the time.

I would suggest reading the book, "Political Ponerology, or "Without Conscience" , but you've chosen a different path.

Enjoy your happiness.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Doomsday, I understand where you are coming from. When I mention truth in the initial posting, I am not referring to unveiling the truth of our world today, or the truth of the politics at play. I was referring to the truth of existence, where we come from, where we go when we die (if we go anywhere). I have let go of that pursuit. There is no need to pursue those things, when it will be revealed eventually anyway, I hope. Even if is never revealed, I am not going to worry about it. My new purpose is to show happiness to those around me, and to be happy myself.

Happiness is not something you find externally. If you are searching for happiness in the world around you, you are digging in the wrong place. The world is corrupted by the evil hands at play, yes. But that is why you must let go of the materialistic world that they have forced us all into. The whole thing started because of that evil and that greed. They wanted more material things in life, thinking it would make them happy, so they established a system that sucks the life from the people, and pours money into their own pockets. However, it does not make them happy. It makes them sick with greed and an evil poison like a snake. That is why you must search for happiness within. When you find it within, it will reflect out into the world around you, and spread like wildfire.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I agree that many people have no conscience, but I do not think that an epidemic number of them are born that way. I think many people must learn to let go of their own conscience in order to survive, usually in childhood. It is disastrous when they become adults...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join