It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find signs of liquid water in Saturn's moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So now it is Saturn's moon that may have water on it. I think I have heard this story before. So life may be existing on Enceladus, and it would be interesting to know what future missions are planned for Enceladus.

All the ingredients of life are present, but can the life on that moon live in the shadows of the Saturn?

Scientists working on the Cassini mission to Saturn have found evidence of liquid water on the planet's icy moon Enceladus, suggesting the possibility of life below its surface.

Scientists working on the Cassini space mission have found negatively charged water ions in the ice plume of Enceladus. Their findings, based on analysis from data taken in plume fly-throughs in 2008 and reported in the journal Icarus, provide evidence for the presence of liquid water, which suggests the ingredients for life inside the icy moon. The Cassini plasma spectrometer, used to gather this data, also found other species of negatively charged ions including hydrocarbons.

“While it’s no surprise that there is water there, these short-lived ions are extra evidence for sub-surface water and where there’s water, carbon and energy, some of the major ingredients for life are present,” said lead author Andrew Coates from University College London’s Mullard Space Science Laboratory.

Source: www.physorg.com...

[edit on 8-2-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
very interesting, now when more and more moons
show signs of water maybe the ones who don't believe
in life "out there" will have second thoughts.

we need a list or something in that way that registers
wich moons have water. I don't know. hehe.

-C-

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is interesting news!

Thanks for sharing it.

It will be interesting to see whether we find life in any of the moons in our solar system, and if so, how similar or different it will be from life on Earth. There are still some great mysteries yet to be uncovered.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
So now it is Saturn's moon that may have water on it. I think I have heard this story before. So life may be existing on Enceladus, and it would be interesting to know what future missions are planned for Enceladus.

All the ingredients of life are present, but can the life on that moon live in the shadows of the Saturn?

Scientists working on the Cassini mission to Saturn have found evidence of liquid water on the planet's icy moon Enceladus, suggesting the possibility of life below its surface.

Scientists working on the Cassini space mission have found negatively charged water ions in the ice plume of Enceladus. Their findings, based on analysis from data taken in plume fly-throughs in 2008 and reported in the journal Icarus, provide evidence for the presence of liquid water, which suggests the ingredients for life inside the icy moon. The Cassini plasma spectrometer, used to gather this data, also found other species of negatively charged ions including hydrocarbons.

“While it’s no surprise that there is water there, these short-lived ions are extra evidence for sub-surface water and where there’s water, carbon and energy, some of the major ingredients for life are present,” said lead author Andrew Coates from University College London’s Mullard Space Science Laboratory.

Source: www.physorg.com...

[edit on 8-2-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

A while back didn't NASA or someone recorded some type of Alien speech Near by Saturn? Here are some youtube links that feature the audio. www.youtube.com... Tell me what you guys think. I think There's some type of Alien life in our solar system. Maybe around Jupiter and Saturn.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
BBC NEWS ARTICLE

There seems little doubt that Saturn's moon Enceladus hides a large body of liquid water beneath its icy skin. The Cassini probe, which periodically sweeps past the little moon, has returned yet more data to back up the idea of a sub-surface sea. This time, it is the detection of negatively charged water molecules in the atmosphere of Enceladus. On Earth, such ions are often seen where liquid water is in motion, such as waterfalls or crashing ocean waves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f11757ad057e.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on Nasa we are ready!!

Water on the moon
Water on Mars
Water on Enceladus

Remember our lifeless solar system filled with balls of rock and gas giants?

Water is everywhere.....

Life will be everywhere

We are ready Nasa... question is .. are you?

i am fed up of being drip fed information turn the tap on already!

[Edited to modify existing post to fit in this thread
]

[edit on 9/2/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
"Scientists" also found the asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs after having hit another asteroid in space a few days ago too... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Great News.
Thanks for sharing.
Maybe there is some form of life up there?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join