It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows You Can Really Be Bored to Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Mind you i think you are less likely to get bored if you have a job you enjoy doing and if you have an actual person to chat to instead of a computer!!

I just asked someone to set me up on the 14th. I said "anybody."

Someone else may feel bored on the 14th.

Someone else may feel compelled to say bored to death leads to suicide.

At least I know how bored I'm am and maybe... just maybe... there will be somebody real there just to do anything no so boring as being alone on the 14th.

Well.... if you are anywhere near me i'll take out!!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Its too bad they also don't print under the article "The reason for people's boredom is that their rights have been taken away, they work more (those fortunate to be in work) longer hours for less pay as each month passes. Our Humanitarian rights are stripped and anyone who DARES laugh, smile or want to have fun is questioned by authority."

Do these people who conduct these studies ever question WHY people 35-55 are turning to drink/smoking to alleviate their daily lives?
We cant go out and persue hobbies as anyone with a intrest in anything is deemed a "Terrorist", people are consistently tax'd (while those in power take, take, take on allowances and never repay what they illegally take), bills get ever higher while were all supposed to have more "clean" power plants and energy supplies. The rich get rich as the poor get ever poorer. But of course they never print the facts whenever they conduct these "Studies."

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

U2U sent

=)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"Study Shows You Can Really Be Bored to Death"

What a worthless study. This is like saying that drinking Tonic water makes people drunk because it's sometimes combined with Gin.

God... I'm bored..

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by BlackPoison94

I agree with the article... you can get so bored sometimes that you may contemplate suicide... no joke!

Mind you i think you are less likely to get bored if you have a job you enjoy doing and if you have an actual person to chat to instead of a computer!!

Different strokes for different folks, my friend. I LOVE being alone. I also love my job, but that's neither here nor there. This weekend I didn't get a moment to myself and I regret it and am already planning some ME time for next weekend. I guess I should feel blessed to have friends and girls vying for my time, but I love nothing more than some music writing and video game playing...

ALONE!

And incidentally, both the games and the music involve some type of computer, either XBOX or Mac Pro ProTools workstation.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have all the freedom you can get but sometimes you need that companion to chat with... go out with, holiday with, to eat with..... especially over certain holidays of the year when others have their families but you have no-one.... namely the month of December... that's a pretty tough one to cope with... and i'm glad that it comes and goes quickly....

I've been on my own for a while now and had to get used to it... like you i wrote songs (plenty of them) and recorded them but then i saw how many other people were also writing songs and recording them (tons) so i gave up that idea of finding a Company which would sign me up....

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Has it occured to you that we have become less Sociable because of the Age Of Technology?

Yes.

And yeah, I think even though being by myself - I would not get bored. I would busy myself on the computer (*cough* ATS) or researching - or just watching the TV.

There are many people who are afraid of stepping outside (if I'm right) and normally most of them are perfectly fine people.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yes... there are those who have phobias and those who just want to laze about all day and then you get those like me who are trying hard to connect the dots until the maze is complete but try too hard and don't get anywhere (there's one for ya, figure that out and i'll send you a biscuit).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join