It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does this look fishy??? The Greatest Secret

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That was a pretty good story Byrd. I'd say you explained that just about perfect, as far as the foundation principal behind Magick. A common definition that I've heard and read in a few books has been: 'To change or alter Reality through an act of Will', which is basically just what you were saying. 'How much Will you create what you desire to happen, so to speak.'

After that point is the more tricky stuff if one decides to venture in that direction. Such as Timing, Meditations, Creation of Symbols, Mantras, Chanting, Spell Casting, Envisioning the result, Usage of Words & Tone, Fasting, Cleansing, bla, bla, bla, and you get the idea. If I remember correctly you're Pagan or Wiccan or something so I'm sure you have a pretty good idea of what I'm saying whether you practice or not. The point however is without that Dedication and Direction of Purposeful Will, all the rest may as well be Origami Trinkets and Advertising Slogans, cause without the Will the rest of it serves no purpose either.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The greatest secret is within this book, and the book is available at the Library.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It looks like basic Magick/magic.

There's a principle in magic working -- whatever you desire, you can create for yourself (create the situations that bring it to you.) Of course, like prayer response, the kicker is that if it works then you were perfectly in harmony with things and if it doesn't, then you did something wrong.

Exactly, what can not be called magick? Simple prayer (when done well) can be a form of magick.

"Well, when you want to be king as badly as you wanted that breath of air, THEN you will be king."

I want this Masters and Phd in anthro that badly. It will happen for me.

What I can add to this is that because very strong will equals very strong emotion, and emotion is energy in a sense, emotions fuel a thought just like a ritual would.

All magick, of all cultures and religions in a sense is nothing more than this:

structural link to the target + structural link to the desired result + energy = magic (from Karl Welz)

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
And there is a major but...

You can have most of the will in the world, but if you contradict your "magick", your reality creation. Then nothing will happen. And that's something that the average Joe and Jane are being learned from day one after they're born. To better explain what I mean, I'll give an example....

You do your magick, whether by prayer, ritual or whatever to get that silver cadillac you've always wanted... All fine and dandy... But then "realism" kicks in. You start to doubt whether it will work, because there's no way you can afford that car; you worry that people might think you're a drug dealer or doing some other shedy stuff when they see you with that car; you feel yourself unworthy of that car, you're focusing on the lack of the car (the car not being there at the moment), and so on... You're having negative feeling emotions that contradict the positive feeling emotions you've had in the magick operation, and that sabotages the whole thing. Furthermore, the more negative feeling emotions you have, the worse experiences you get, worse things happen around you. Negative emotions just mean that you're having you're attention on what you don't want or the lack of what you do want.

This is what I've been shooting myself in the foot with for years, because having negative emotions (looking/thinking at/about things you don't like) is something that probably 98% of us in this society have been trained to do since our births. The habit has become second nature. These are core beliefs and habits. And the only way to have a succesful life in all ways (non-material and material) is to change those habits and core beliefs in to positive ones. I've been searching for a way to change them for a long time....

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Bandit maybe you could check out Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It wouldn't require any sessions with a professional on your part either.

Generally speaking though, it's more specifically used again irrational negative thoughts, rather than the act of concentrating your attention on negative things. Without going into "what negative thought is/isn't irrational" I'll just say I'm guessing the way to achieve what you're talking about is the good old human way...Persistant effort coupled with unaltering desire.

Or I guess you could try shock your system with some kind of religious/spiritual enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Think and Grow Rich was not that great of a book. The freaking title of the book gives the answer to whats inside it's 254 pages. All the text inside of Think and Grow Rich is the same stuff over and over again: examples, and then reinforcement.

Napoleon Hill has made quite a bit of money off of that book and others. Here is the greatest secret of all: Write a book and say it has the answers to everything in life! Its a surefire winner! Motivational books are probably one of the easiest ways to make money. You don't even have to be a good writer to sell that schlock! All you need are some poor and depressed people (sarcasm) - they'll buy anything that'll make them get rich "quick," or feel "better" about themselves.

So, again, what is the quickest way to getting rich? Write a couple books! If just one sells really well, you might not have to work again for quite a while.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's funny, because prior to actually reading Think and Grow rich, I thought it was a get rich quick type book. After reading it however, I firmly believe it contains some very usefull information. Besides the story's of what other men have accomplished, the book does speak of destroying the character traits that help perpetuate negative thinking.

I know from personal experience that the principals in the book work, as I have applied them in my own life. I highly recomend this book.

for the record, the title does not tell the entire story. not even 1/4 of it. Many of the principle are things you heard in the past. however, deeply understanding them, and then applying them to your own life is the tricky part. To truelly get an advantage from what's in this book, you have to be deeply commited in changing your mental state. I was, so it worked. Thus I love this book. Carry it with me everywehere I go.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Freeworld_Esq.,

You're right. Personally though, as long as I have the ability to love and be loved, I'm definately more successful and wealthier than any person who is physically wealthy but has no love in their life.

In my eyes, love is more important than anything else in life. A book can indeed teach you how to change your thought patterns, as well as teach you how to gain wealth; but, love can not be taught, unfortunately. I'm just amazed at how many people have never known real love - or have never figured out how to love.

Anyways, as you say: to each their own. :-D

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Essence you are so right. The crazy thing is many people suffer from a lack of self love. Thats where it must start. Once one loves themselves, they will then have the capacity to love other people, beings, and/or things.

THe word for today is LOVE! Say It with me LOVE

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Love is a very powerful thing. And you're right, most people have trouble loving themselves. I blame the parents. :-D

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join