Why does this look fishy??? The Greatest Secret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
www.thegreatestsecret.com...

This guy says he's a scientist and says that there is one secret used by the succesful people out there to create the life and that it has scientific proof. He doesn't say where he got the proof from in the website, and he says that it's in the book. The book is also being exclusively sold on his website. I googled his name (Darrell Daybr), and found nothing but links to that website. He claims to be a scientists, so there must be publications or discussions somewhere about him and/or his work.

The general idea of reality creation I agree with, but it just looks like this guy is creating a false image of exclusivity and is trying to sell his book based on that.

This looks fishy...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I guess the greatest secret is that if you keep hinting enough that you hold a Great Truth, people will line up to throw their money at you. But maybe that's just me being cynical.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There have always been false prophets, especially false prophets for profit.

Ask everyone from the Greeks and Chinese to the Americans and Europeans, there is always someone out there to exploit the greed and need of others.

As P.T. Barnum put it "There's a sucker born every minute"

I have always believed the real truth could not be contained in just one book.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When someone really finds "truth" I highly doubt they'll put a price on it and try to make money from it.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Exactly, Lost Proht... That's what I mean. There are others who freely give their information on the internet. Or publish a book that is available everywhere, and allow critics to review the book...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Check out what google brings up when you type greatest secret in the search box.

www.disclosureproject.org...

There is a link on there to a two page report.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
looks like another one of those self help books to me. it cant be that much of a secret for 24 bucks. and if jesus and ghandi used it and all those professionals know it then the book is definitely going to tell you something you already knew. thats the thing though, like so many things you know what to do, you just cant get on and do it.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
hey The Bandit

In your signature you refer to a quote from a catholic priest.

A British General or Politician I can't think of his name... someone help me out here lol but I believe he said "Give me a boy until he is 7 and I will give you back the man"

As a matter of fact in england they did a study that lasted 20 years or more on that statement. They interviewed children in pre school and then followed them all the way through to adulthood. And in every case the child ended up being what he had said he was gonna be as a young child.... I found the study very interesting... I watched a documentary about it and they video recorded all the interviews with the children over the years. I have never tryed to find anything about it on the net but you might find that interesting to follow up on since you used those words in your signature. I'll try to remember his name he was well known during WWII I believe geesh can't think of it now.

Was it Winston Churchill ? I think it was he who said that lol

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Chevy]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think it's just a ruse to sell his book. The greatest secret is to work hard.

He's just playing on peoples gullibility and desire for perfection. If the secret was so great, and so many "experts" argreed it was, it would be well known.

[Edited on 28/5/04 by Sterling46]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
One thing is certain, reality creation is well known. There are a lot of books out about reality creation, and I have some of them. I just am skeptical about this one.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
*cough bull#! cough* Come on! Thats is so stupid. Creating anything you want. I dont believe this
but good find Bandit

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
AD, just search "conscious creation", "reality creation", "law of attraction" and/or "unconscious creation" on the net.

And while you're at it. "Observer effect" or "Wave collapse" or wave function collapse" + oberver or consciousness

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow fairly obvious what secret he's holding, his bank account balance. How many of you want to bet it's quite large? He has to have droves of fools buying into this. If he had a truly earth shattering, history changing idea, wouldn't selling it be any indication of it's authenticity?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
this guy is full of it

one look at his site and i know it

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
this guy is full of it

one look at his site and i know it

That's judging prematurely, and without that you won't get anywhere. There are things that I do agree with in the website like the explanation as for why reality creation works. What I have a problem with is that he claimse to be the only person to have everything correct in a book (that has no reviews) that is only available on his own website.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is one of the things that I'm talking about with humans being able to create.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Ok....

1) It's true, but unfortunately for the rest of us, the first guy to find out "The Secret" decided that he wanted to create a world where only he knew the secret and the rest of us didn't! Now he's adding insult to injury and he's trying to charge the rest of us to hear exactly what I just told you.

2) It's a lie, and here is a guy who is trying to profit off a lie.

3) A little bit of both. This person figures that everything in life can either be bought, found, or created with enough money. Therefore, the secret is to:
(a
'Advertise The Ultimate Secret'
(b
Get rich from the money people send to purchase 'The Ultimate Secret'
(Now that you're rich, it proves the theory right and you can buy a better life)
(c
Send them info which tells them to
Now start reading from "(a
" again)

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
*cough bull#! cough* Come on! Thats is so stupid. Creating anything you want. I dont believe this
but good find Bandit

Too bad its true.

Reality Creation exists and it works, if you know how it works and why it works. Some people are driven by different motivation and the payoff has consequences. ie If you wish to be a powerful and rich movie star, you give up personal life, privacy, the ability to send the money any way you see fit, annonominity, real personal growth, "seeing" the truth, finding GOD and many more. See when your persona and "real" world gets cloudy by personal desires then you give up other facualties that people use for personal growth and enlightment. This is why Madonna is seeking Kabbala, because her personal "road" to enlightment had been blocked by her own doing. So she is seeking advice from a "spiritual advisor" that says everything is okay and is giving her and others a false sense that they can have everything.

But these people are hallow, they lack a "real" spirit in them. They are not normal people like the rest of us. They will never achieve inner peace, their demons will always haunt them, always turning their gold into coal. Destroying everything that they hold dear to them. While the "normal" folk plod along in their lives. These people are tormented at every turn, the fans, the poporotzi, the reporters, the tabloids, the stalkers, the news crews, the money seekers, the swindlers, the greedy relatives, the crooked business managers and accountants, etc.

If you use Reality Creation for others, then you will always have a positive return.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

If you use Reality Creation for others, then you will always have a positive return.

And apparently it works faster too then...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It looks like basic Magick/magic.

There's a principle in magic working -- whatever you desire, you can create for yourself (create the situations that bring it to you.) Of course, like prayer response, the kicker is that if it works then you were perfectly in harmony with things and if it doesn't, then you did something wrong.

Valid, yes.... inasmuch as you can create your own worldview and by changing your attitudes you can change your reality/world.

Okay... a very good example... I did this last year. I wanted to get into grad school for anthropology. The odds were stacked WAY against me -- my grades weren't very good, my GRE wasn't bad but wasn't stellar, and I'm the age of most of the students' parents, and it's been nearly 25 years since I was last in school. Bad odds.

But I wanted it. I talked and met with folks and got on the stick and basically just... DESIRED... it, and I did get into grad school.

There's an old story I like (apocrypal tale) about Shaka, the leader of the Zulus. He went to a witch doctor one day and said "I want to be king." The witch doctor took him a long way off to a river, made Shaka wade into the water, and suddenly grabbed the young man and held his head under the water. Shaka fought and clawed, and just as he thought he might die, he was released. He looked up to see the witch doctor running off.

He chased after him and caught the witch doctor and raised his hand to kill the old man, demanding "Why did you do that?"

"You wanted to be king, right?" the witch doctor said.

"Yes."

"Well, when you want to be king as badly as you wanted that breath of air, THEN you will be king."

I want this Masters and Phd in anthro that badly. It will happen for me.

...and that (truly) is the secret, or a secret, or the direction I believe he's going in from reading the material.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join