It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climategate Professor Considered Suicide After Emails Leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
At least that would've given the pro manmade global warming crowd a conspiracy to latch onto.

I thought of killing myself, says climate scandal professor Phil Jones

THE scientist at the centre of the “climategate” email scandal has revealed that he was so traumatised by the global backlash against him that he contemplated suicide.

Professor Phil Jones said in an exclusive interview with The Sunday Times that he had thought about killing himself “several times”. He acknowledged similarities to Dr David Kelly, the scientist who committed suicide after being exposed as the source for a BBC report that alleged the government had “sexed up” evidence to justify the invasion of Iraq.

In emails that were hacked into and seized upon by global-warming sceptics before the Copenhagen climate summit in December, Jones appeared to call upon his colleagues to destroy scientific data rather than release it to people intent on discrediting their work monitoring climate change.

Jones, 57, said he was unprepared for the scandal: “I am just a scientist. I have no training in PR or dealing with crises.”

And he still has the gall to call himself a scientist.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sorry but I need to be harsh.

He is acting like a little kid.
He needs to grow up.

How about next time not spread intentionally misleading info? That way you won't be wanting to kill yourself when the Truth comes out??

Who am I kidding, you cannot tell criminal scum to accept responsibility for their mistakes.

They will rationalize and try to run away from it. This is how they justify what they do.

"I am just a scientist" - What crap!!!
More like
"He is just a petty liar".

And guess what ? My life sucks 1000x more than his does and how do I react? I choose to be happy and accept my life. Do I go around crying about doing myself in? No....

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

And he still has the gall to call himself a scientist.

Agreed, its sickening.

He should have his degrees stripped from him.

IMHO.

People of this caliber bring a bad name to science. It is a real shame for the good sincere scientists.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

He killed himself due the result he have gotten through research.= The result is so harsh and severe to our planet that he didnt see any reason for living.

top topics

join