It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Suspect - What Would You Do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
At the present time the FBI is looking for seven subjects in the United States for questioning regarding links to terrorism. With everything that's gone on in Iraq, prisoner abuse, no major WMD's so far, no OBL yet, speculation that the admin let 911 happen, and everything else that's gone on, the level of skepticism at ATS seems to be at an all time high.

Given that, and all the speculation on Bush's involveement with the NWO, my question is this. If you spotted one of the seven suspects, what would you do? Turn the person in, blow it off and do nothing, or tell the person they had better get out of sight? I really never thought I'd be asking this question, but the mood of the country is different.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Is that turn him in before or after a baseball bat upside the head?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Coming of age in the 60s, I have a natural inclination not to turn someone in. BUT, I would turn someone in IF I were reasonably sure that they were the one being sought by the FBI.
In fact, after 9/11, my husband and I overheard a very suspicious conversation and, after much debate, we DID go to the FBI with what we had heard.
I guess I just couldn't live with myself if someone were really a threat and I'd done nothing to stop it. Still, I cringe at the idea of people running amuk, turning in anyone and everyone. I guess a little judicious reasoning would be needed in a case like this.
joey

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Opinion registered! The option is yours.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks joey,
I would have to agree with you. I think it needs to be done. But I wanted to pose the question because of the attitudes and feelings that have become quite prevalent today.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
what would you do? Turn the person in, blow it off and do nothing, or tell the person they had better get out of sight? I really never thought I'd be asking this question, but the mood of the country is different.
I think the best response in that type of situation is to let the authorities know. Otherwise, the Government may decide to go around and charge you for aiding and abetting a known terrorist. In serious matter like this, you don't want to compete with the minions of the NWO (Government). Maybe something like this is covered in the Patriot Acts?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wish the feds would have given a little more info. I want to believe them but, like CS said, there's a lot of weird stuff goin on. Look at the whole Berg thing and the voices on the tape. Howw do we know these seven aren't just getting set up?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would hit them with a bat not kill them just injure so they wont run away, and call the cops and tell them i found the terrorist...
aint I nice?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
AE,
I hear what you're saying, but I'm really interested in knowing more about why you feel that way?
CS

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'd have to report a sighting of them. If something happened and I had seen these people, but never said anything, I don't think I could live with it.

I remember that the actor James Woods had seen several of the highjackers doing a practice run and had reported it. Had the powers that be taken appropriate measures at that time, maybe 9-11 could have been prevented.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Bleys,
Thanks for your thoughts. It's kind of strange, so far I haven't really heard anything from the hard core conspiracy folks on what they'd do. It really is a serious question.
CS

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I would have to agree with the others here and report them. It would be a matter of living with myself. If something happened and I could have done something to prevent it and did not then the quilt over it would be overwhelming.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks Duke,
I'm just wondering where the opposing point of view went?
CS

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In the interests of some substance and semblance of credibility, could the names of the seven suspects be listed here for the benefit of those with a strong community spirit and desire to help this administration's "efforts"?

CommonSense, when you use the word "subjects" is it a standard intelligence term, or does it connote a link with a particular sovereign state?

What exactly is an "opposing point of view" on a matter like this???

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They've been all over the news! I'd toast 'em!!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What is wrong with you all, just because someone is a suspect does not mean they are guilty. I would alert someone first(FBI # is in the phone books as well as the local sheriff) then try to talk to the person and stall him. Just because they are labeled terrorist does not mean they are guilty.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well
they put seven faces on tv from the whole us, what do you think?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
OUr government and law enforcement never make mistakes, when someone is a suspect they are already convcted by most. Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am glad member "Paraclete" will never be "president" of the US. He talks like George W Bush.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
MA,

Here's a link to a story referenceing the seven. I can't find the original of when the announcement was made. As far as the opposing point of view, that's what I'm hoping to hear from. My sense is that there is a strong skepticism against the government due to the reasons I mentioned in the original post.
CS

www.foxnews.com...

[Edited on 5/29/2004 by CommonSense]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join