It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - God loves SOME retards.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is my first post on this site. I have been visiting ATS for some time and enjoy most of what i read. That being said, you would think that the whole left-wing right-wing thing would be old news. I choose neither side, and as far as what Sara P. says or thinks i couldnt care anyless. If your going to bash the left on what is said behind closed doors; think carfully of all the things you have said. Sorry if im off base my posts will get better with time.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flee43521
This is my first post on this site. I have been visiting ATS for some time and enjoy most of what i read. That being said, you would think that the whole left-wing right-wing thing would be old news. I choose neither side, and as far as what Sara P. says or thinks i couldnt care anyless. If your going to bash the left on what is said behind closed doors; think carfully of all the things you have said. Sorry if im off base my posts will get better with time.

Welcome.

I used to agree about not caring until a majority of Republicans (in a recent poll) claimed they'd vote for her for President.

Now I care a lot.

Being a good leader isn't about the hue of your government funded tan, it's about knowledge and empathy and compassion and honesty.

I know that some of you will say it takes great compassion to steal from taxpayers to fly your kids around on government planes, but that's not gonna cut it for me.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jsmappy

Just cause Rush said it was satire that doesn't mean it IS satire.

In context it's OBVIOUSLY not satire.

I'm sure he's just confident that the majority of his listeners don't know what satire means...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't care for Palin, think it is a mistake for her to be any kind of figurehead for the Tea Party. But whatever the case, it took over 230 years for the US to accumulate $12 Trillion of debt. Leave it to Obama and he'll take us to $18 Trillion in just four years. Now that's what I call a failure of Epic proportions.

And what's worse is that people will point to Bush and say, "Well he increased he debt radically, too" - to justify Obama. Need to get over the two party system. Need to get rid of Dems and Reps. They're two faces to the same game, engaged in escalating just how much they can slap the American People around and still getting half their support.

The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend. Republicans and Democrats are not the friends of the American People. If they were, *something* in the United States would actually be getting better. Name one thing that has gotten better in the past 20 years...???

America is rewarding failure. The more epic the failure - the greater the reward. Sinking ship. Better start bailing it out now - might start with the politicians and the unelected officials behind them - toss them overboard - hopefully in deep, shark infested waters.

edited for typos

[edit on 8-2-2010 by USXpat]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by USXpat

Good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Actually, if you are still in the US - good luck to you... ha.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by USXpat

Nope, another expat... in Ireland.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This title is rather inappropriate, but I've come to expect nothing less when visiting ATS now-a-days.

On topic: Yes, Sarah Palin is stupid. Yes, she's making a lot of money. Yes, she's living her American dream. Will she ever hold any significant office? No. So why are we discussing her? The mainstream media has really pulled the wool over everyone with her. Making her a star, to dumb down the population. Sometimes I wonder if the people here really know what disinformation, and misinformation are.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

We're discussing her because she's the presumptive Republican nominee for President in 2012, because she just gave a widely seen speech, because a majority of Republicans say they'd vote for her for President, etc., etc.

As for the thread title... it's apt as Palin doesn't care if her ALLIES use the word retarded, but claims it's against all things holy if a Dem does.

Rather she did care then she didn't, then her spokesperson said she did, then she didn't.

We'll see what the poles say tomorrow to figure out what her new opinion will be,

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok, if any American can follow this moron, and SERIOUSLY consider her, as a presidential candidate, THEY are retards.

This woman needs NOTES ON HER HAND, to remember what to talk about, you are kitting me right?

Source: Yahoo Artcile

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
This title is rather inappropriate, but I've come to expect nothing less when visiting ATS now-a-days.

On topic: Yes, Sarah Palin is stupid. Yes, she's making a lot of money. Yes, she's living her American dream. Will she ever hold any significant office? No. So why are we discussing her? The mainstream media has really pulled the wool over everyone with her. Making her a star, to dumb down the population. Sometimes I wonder if the people here really know what disinformation, and misinformation are.

Aw...

If you don't like it, why post?

Also, Palin deserves attention. Why? Well, it's like the Jew Holocaust, we can't let it ever happen again. (Let's not get her near an election again)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Presumptive, she doesn't stand a chance. Conservatives don't like her, they just don't want to be lambasted by her like she did to Obama. If she actually had a brain in that thick skull of hers, she'd counter democratic programs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Liberal. I hate Obama as much as the next guy, but Palin is just terribly stupid when it comes to what it actually takes for administrative duty. She's a pretty face that Middle American boys will fantasize about.

reply to post by GorehoundLarry

The purpose of a discussion board is, indeed, to discuss topics that are proposed by various posters. Therefore, I am completely within the guidelines of posting in a thread of my choosing.

I hope she does not get near the White House. Ever. Sometimes, I wonder though...is America dumb enough to vote her into office? Probably.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by USXpat

Actually, if you are still in the US - good luck to you... ha.

Some choose the easy way out and run. Those who care stay and try to improve the world they live in instead of running and hiding from it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You can't win people heart by replacing one disease by another... we the people need "CURE" not a disease with different side effect!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Excuse my Pc, Liberal tendencies but, am I the last person one earth who feels it's completely inappropriate to use the word "retard" to insult anyone? Palin is the mother of a mentally handicapped child. I think she of anyone would understand how insulting the quip is. It equates mental retardation with stupidity.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Can anyone name any politician who isn't a hyporcrite and doesn't flip flop?

I mean other than Dennis Kucinich?

Heck can anyone name many voters who arn't hypocrites?

Voters want hypocrites who flip flop. They don't want honesty or consistency.

This PSA is brought to you by the COBRA "Democracy is Hypocrisy" Group.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Palin for 2012

Womens rights and end of the world BECOME 1.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You guys won't have to worry about Palin being President. Obama WILL be America's last president.
Within 6 months, you won't recognize the USA.
Based on what?

Everything discussed on this site
Much that is not.
Novos Ordo Seclorum
E Pluribus Unim
These phrases are not what you may think.
The Angel in the Wirlwind is about to ride.

We are living a script that has already been written for us, we are heading for the final act, and it is going to be REALLY , REALLY ugly. Instead of debating these trivial issues, I suggest you take appropriate action to prepare for the coming holocaust.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This thread is weaksauce...

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. ~H.L. Mencken

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato

George Washington is the only president who didn't blame the previous administration for his troubles.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club. ~Dave Barry

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by USXpat
I don't care for Palin, think it is a mistake for her to be any kind of figurehead for the Tea Party. But whatever the case, it took over 230 years for the US to accumulate $12 Trillion of debt. Leave it to Obama and he'll take us to $18 Trillion in just four years. Now that's what I call a failure of Epic proportions.

And what's worse is that people will point to Bush and say, "Well he increased he debt radically, too" - to justify Obama. Need to get over the two party system. Need to get rid of Dems and Reps. They're two faces to the same game, engaged in escalating just how much they can slap the American People around and still getting half their support.

The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend. Republicans and Democrats are not the friends of the American People. If they were, *something* in the United States would actually be getting better. Name one thing that has gotten better in the past 20 years...???

America is rewarding failure. The more epic the failure - the greater the reward. Sinking ship. Better start bailing it out now - might start with the politicians and the unelected officials behind them - toss them overboard - hopefully in deep, shark infested waters.

edited for typos

[edit on 8-2-2010 by USXpat]

Bush doubled the size of the national debt during his presidency and he was left with a budget surplus at the beginning.

Obama inherited a huge deficit, a recession, two badly botched wars and a financial system that was so badly crippled by it's own greed it has circumvented any possibility of growing out of the recession any time soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join