It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be possible to do a Hadouken in real life?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I was sort of turned off my the lack of serious posts in this topic. Literally none. Kind of baffles me as this is ATS and usually someone will have a serious say in the matter but I guess that will have to be me.

Personal if you believe in any form of being an ascended being be in mentally or spiritually, I don't see how any of this would be too impossible. If you believe in any enlightened beings of the past, Jesus Christ being a popular one, then you would realize that feats of this nature are not out of the realm of possibility.

The problem with anime and video games is that they represent the energy from the hands as solid, visible energy, where in my experience (yes MY experience) I have felt it as completely invisible and next to impossible to comprehend the magnitude. Only if you train yourself to visualize the energy as a color or certain image can you then see it, however, this would not help the untrained eye to do the same.

Most of the traditional martial arts focus on harnessing the energy within the capsule of the body, however, I have dabbled in some in the past the dealt with focusing your spiritual energy outside of the body. This led to phenomena of being able to sense other nearby spiritual bodies and strangely enough, stealing spiritual energy to increase your own.

Only once in my practice have I ever been able to produce something substantial between my hand, but my fingers were touching to form an enclosed bowl shape. The effort that went into it left me feeling entirely exhausted but I have no doubt in my mind that the spiritual energy accumulated in my palms was enough to push them apart, leaving me incapable of bring them together for the duration of it.

I never really did follow up on it after that simply because of the pure exhaustion it gave me for accomplishing something so simple. To fathom the amount of stamina and spiritual aura you would need to have to actually harness the energy in a beneficial way is simply astounding. Even if you could accomplish the feat, the most you would be able to do is use the energy to hold someone at bay or push them back.

I found the practices of "pushing" my body's aura outward to be by far more beneficial than projecting the energy away from me. It heightens your senses and leaves your body feeling refreshed even after a short period of time. One might question the morals of in essence stealing someone else's life force through this practice, but alas what is progression without some sort of sacrifice.

I would appreciate any comments, critiques, or experiences if anyone else has had similar, but I'm afraid I'm not much for the joke crowd.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

That is great to hear. I can also sense auras and objects and people around me. I was once in a trance dance, and we were all blindfolded while the music played. With the blindfold over my eyes, I was still able to sense the people around me, and I didn't bump into them. It was really cool.

Also, it would be awesome, even if it was invisible, to be able to fire an energy burst that pushed your opponent back. Sweet.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
In reality, roundhouse kicks and haymakers are all you need. fundamentals people. Still, got to love a good hadouken.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by jpm06002]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
So I was watching some street fighter, and got reminded of the amazingness that is the HADOUKEN. As I watched more and more, I realized that all it is, is an energy ball.

My question is, would it be possible to charge energy between your hands and launch it at an enemy? Also, would you have to say "Hadouken" or could you come up with your own saying? If so, what sayings do you do when you send off energy balls from your hands?

I havent yet mastered the Hadouken, but I have the best Tiger uppercut you will ever see!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
I was sort of turned off my the lack of serious posts in this topic. Literally none. Kind of baffles me as this is ATS and usually someone will have a serious say in the matter but I guess that will have to be me.

Im sure your familiar with the old saying...

'Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.'

At least the Metaphysics forum now has its own version of the 'Vampire' thread that the Cryptozoology forums have been plagued with on and off

And yes as a kid I tried doing the Hadouken many a time, nothing... surprisingly enough, ever happened. Ok not kid, teen.. which just makes it all the more sadder really.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but I saw a program about Tai Chi (sp?) a decade ago that had some of the old masters of it, some of the things they could do (if geniune) was interesting... being able to make a chain of people effectively convulse then a second latter everyone's thrown back simply by touching the guy at the front gently. That I could believe... Fireballs, errr no.

Oh and the poster that mentioned ball lightning on the first page, really needs to learn what ball lightning actually is.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Exactly...

...to get a Ball Lightning you need to first tap 3 red mana...

...amateurs...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

If anyone is going to practice the Hadouken, please remember to go easy on the breathing techniques before you scream "Hadouken" otherwise you might accidently do this move instead....

Many have lost their heads trying to figure out this move throughout the ages.

Check this out though...

Even has the red suit as well.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Its completely possible.. If your Goku or a power ranger

Bunny with a pancake on its head

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
EDIT: Oops, repost.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Uakjrima]

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
SHOOOORYYUUUUKEN!!!!

Now that I can do. Gotta love doing uppercuts.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You know, as a teenager I got heavily into magick and the sort. I was kind of delusional as well. I actually believed I could create a fireball of energy in between my hands and throw it at people. Some people believe there is a sort of energy that one can coax with the mind. I am not one of those believers anymore. I tend to heavily analyze things these days with hard data and logical reasoning and I have come to the conclusion that such 'physical' manifestations of energy are not possible.

Wouldn't it be nice though
. I can think of a few people I'd like to smack in the face with a ball of burning fire

edit on 6-5-2011 by Mr. Toodles because: flag for amusement

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Not exactly, it wouldn't be a fireball but it would be some amount of energy. Well in martial arts teach you to control this energy, but don't expect to break concrete pushing your arms forward and saying hadouken.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I get shocked daily so i'd be more then happy to harness that energy. but the fact is we don't have enough energy to do anything like that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Unrelated anecdote.

When my brother's japanese foreign exchange student girlfriend went back to japan, he was really upset about it.
So naturally as a brother I had to playfully tease him (to cheer him up) so my friend and I would do the RYU pose and yell HEARTBROKEN at him whenever he started to talk about her.

Pretty damn brilliant if I do say so myself.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Street Fighter
i remember that game on the Mega Drive. I doubt that it s possible as i remember trying for weeks when i was a kid when i also thought i was a Ninga

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I've played Street Fighter (various versions)before but was a bigger fan of DBZ. This thread intrigues me as it has a nice mix of friendliness and information. I have definitely had my fair share of trying to blast a 'kamehameha' (spelling) when I wasn't pretending to have a proton pack on my back wrangling myself some apparitions (yes...this was quite a while ago). But now, I often think of energy manipulation in a more realistic sense and you know what goes through my mind? "There just has to be a way to do it." I don't run around trying to throw energy about but I do spend time every now and again looking into it and pondering how it might be done. Like someone said, our minds are capable of some crazy things. So who says humans can't throw energy balls, use 'force lightening' (Star Wars is a huge inspiration as well), or even levitate/fly? I like to think I'm not too delusional when I think that - but who knows? I am a firm believer in the concept that nothing is impossible. Thank you much for the great thread!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Now why go through all the effort of creating and throwing a ball of energy at your opponent, when if you believe this stuff is real, just accept a human is flesh and energy and grab that energy and push it out of the flesh, dump it somewhere in the astral planes it can't find it's way back to it's body which will remain in a state of coma. For the slightly advanced, you can cut that silver cord in many ways, tie an infinite knot in it, it's hilarious. Or if you really want to be cruel you can rearrange those chakra's in such a way the victim will develop all kinds of disease, just replace the 6th chakra with the 2nd, fun guaranteed. Or create a kind of energetic robot in the targets mind to haunt him/her for the rest of their lives saying they are worth nothing each day in their subconscious. Ofcourse you wouldn't get the satisfaction of seeing your targets face as you launch a bolt of energy at him/her which make them realize you are a supernatural god, but this is about being effective, not vindicative towards the lesser beings.

I mean think about it, a ball of energy might miss, or get deflected by some energetic shield or even absorped and thrown back at you. Using your own energy against you is the highest form of combat imho, see aikido, taking out an opponent with just one point of contact, the smallest amount of energy used is most efficient and not showing it off to anyone just shows you're a cold badass in complete control. Just kidding ofcourse, don't take my post serious.
edit on 6/5/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think that if you reached the level where you were able to, your "spiritual" self would no longer have a use for it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Frankly I think the the "Raikiri" is FAR more impressive than your "Harrukano-somethingorother".
Especially when combined with the Sharingan..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yes very possible.... You need a can of hairspray and a lighter

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join