It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Timescale Iran Needs To Develope Nuclear Weapons - I Have It Here!

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ok, this is quite shocking so bear with me.

Iran announced yesturday that it was upping its enrichment process to 20%, I didnt think this was a big deal at first, till I askedmyself what could be done with uranium enriched to this level?

After some research it would apear that 20% is a pretty important number when we talk uranium enrichment, it marks a threshold, firstly, a warhead could be made with uranium only enriched to this 20% level, but it wouldnt be ideal. However, once at 20% it becomes much easier to work with, it is harder to enrich from 3.5% to 20%, than it is to get from 20% to 90%, weapons grade!!!

Now, if Iran already has enriched to 20% and were to begin further enrichment TODAY (8th Feb 2010), it could potentially have 50kg of 90% enriched Uranium by 2nd Aug 2010, thats an enrichment time of 176 days.

Now, I'm a 29 year old unemployed chef, and I figured this out via google, so Washington, London and Jerusalm has this detail too, and with the military build up in the gulf, I think they know Iran already has the 20% in some quantity already, and for those who ask why 2nd Aug, well thas the date Iraq invaded Kuwait.

I hope this wasnt too confusing, I just had to post it!!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Somethings got to give with this chess game really soon. I fear the worst this year.

Iran reminds me of a poker player who has just put all his chips in the middle, even though he only has a pair of 2's.

Israel is sittin with a Full House and a straight face ready to take the pot.

g

la2

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'd disagree, i fear that Iran has something up its sleeve, somethings going on here that makes me wonder who's really bluffing who. The president of Iran ( I wasnt going to attempt to spell his name) isnt a stupid man, he wouldnt be behaving like this unless he knew he had something to gain, or, in my opinion, someone there to get his back when the inevitable happens, if you had China and/or Russia backing you, wouldnt you feel like going all in??

But I do agree, I feel this has reached the point of no return, but I think thats the idea, Iran never intended to attack, why bothr when you'll win support from your neighbours when Israel attacks first, its what the arabs have waited 40 years for, to finally be the retaliating 'victims of zionist agression', and i think it'll happen soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2

Now, if Iran already has enriched to 20% and were to begin further enrichment TODAY (8th Feb 2010), it could potentially have 50kg of 90% enriched Uranium by 2nd Aug 2010, thats an enrichment time of 176 days.

One part of the equasion you forgot to factor into your time scale is the IAEA inspectors who have access to the facilities where the enriching is being done, that would change the 176 days to 17.6 years wouldn't it?

la2

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
No, infact those figures are based on the speed it takes to get from 20% to 90% enrichment based on half of Irans centrifuges, so 1000, then the rest being added at a rate of 50 centifuges per day, so its not based on what IAEA has seen, its based on what is possible once the 20% level has been reached and with Irans 'known' technology.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Another news from Iran:

Iran plans 10 enrichment plants for next year

Iran plans to build 10 new uranium enrichment facilities during the next Iranian year, its atomic energy chief was quoted as saying, in comments likely to further raise tension with the West.

The Iranian year starts on March 21

Iran also plans to unveil a domestically manufactured air-defense system with at least the same capability as Russia's S-300 anti-aircraft hardware, an Iranian air force commander was quoted as saying on Monday.

source: www.haaretz.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Dis-Heartening. I do not know their side, they are fellow brothers and sisters of Sorrow, living/experiencing their unique sides and puzzles of the mystery of Life. I'm not judging... but this saddens me. I hope every day with deep Love that people can feel it, live it, peace and this Love. They don't need Nuke's. But besides the point, I hope they are righteouss with this technology, instead of manipulative or destructive or foolish. Hope, otherwise if Iran is indeed peaceful, I wish them best of luck.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

I fear, that given the effort being put in Satellite technology they already have the bomb.. That would in my mind explain the death of Dr Tim Hampton, now they need a delivery platform, which is where the satellite tech comes into play.

Iran has some thing up it's sleeve, who wouldn't.. I'm not equating Iranians to Nazi's but consider the sanctions placed on Nazi Germany and how they managed to not only create a credible military but one that utilised the rules to their advantage in developing their military but also used the containment defences to their advantage during the Blitzkreig.

Think about this, What government would not devise strategies, tactics and weapons systems designed to circumvent any defences thrown up around them?

What would you do?? would you develop systems that are already being countered, where you would be years behind in development or try to develop something new?

How superior was the world in it's containment of Germany and how backward did the world see Germany prior to the onset of WW2.. Please don't make the mistake of under estimating anyone. If anything Iran has had years to prepare for something the West has not thought of.

This is the bit of the puzzle we do not know about.. and won't know unless it happens.

top topics

join