It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation Tactics: The Methods Used To Keep You In The Dark

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
One thing i like to do is to do a large research on certain topics regarding music. First get the back story on reoccuring philosophies or topics within modern music(1949-today), where they got their influences(people and belief systems), and learn the symbolisms(mary jane)=marijuanna,(horse)(mr. brownstone)=heroine, (spin)(dance)(sleepless nights)(ice)(broken glass)=speed, and slangs like that. I saw that movie, "they sold their souls for rock n roll' and it talks about bands and artists that are famous and that their only agenda is to lead people down roads of sex, drugs, gangs, hate, killing, devil worship. The interesting thing is, is that you get to read and hear the artist in their own words admit it, and it talks about what people and philosophy influenced these artists. It's a great video, It's narrated by a paster, and he does a great job, he compares and contrasts lyrics and agendas to GODS Word in the Bible. He also talks about desensitizing people with repetitive slang or ideas or topics are used to bring people away from Christ. And He encourages the viewer to understand the severity of sin and to pray to Jesus ask forgivess, be saved and follow Christ. He then further discusses the severity of living in sin and the judgement of going to hell for eternity. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life; the light of the world. John 3:16-For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son, thatwhoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:18-20-He who believes in Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, andmen loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. for everyone practicing evil hates the light does come to the light, lest his deeds be exposed.

That's why they hide their evil plans and agenda, if they flat out say, "follow me and do what i do so you can go to hell", i bet they'd get less listeners or viewers.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by eyetigerstorm]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It should be a clue that things are amiss when the investigative journalist is no longer praised for his or her good work by their industry, but shunned and discredited by it when the news involves certain govt. officials or corporations.

I believe we should start boycotting these media sources hard. Maybe it would encourage the journalists with integrity to branch off and start their own publications. It's also a good way to make a dent in the pocket books of these a----les who think they are the rulers of the world. Why should we pay these publications so we can be manipulated and deceived and not be given important news that we need? Why should a person have to become Sherlock Holmes to find the news that is truthful? Why should we pay them to lead us into a path of harm as we saw in this last swine flu fiasco?

Don't give your money to these people. They are just as much to blame for the destruction of America as their elite owners. They should be held criminally responsible as well, IMO. This is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eyetigerstorm

It's a great video, It's narrated by a paster, and he does a great job, he compares and contrasts lyrics and agendas to GODS Word in the Bible. He also talks about desensitizing people with repetitive slang or ideas or topics are used to bring people away from Christ. And He encourages the viewer to understand the severity of sin and to pray to Jesus ask forgivess, be saved and follow Christ. He then further discusses the severity of living in sin and the judgement of going to hell for eternity

>>>

Great, just what we need, more fear for the masses. Can't you see what you are promoting is no different than the fear-mongering our govt. does through the media? And I question exactly what facts are being used in this movie to substantiate that a specific band is using its music to lead people to satan and sin. It sounds more like an assumption that's being used to manipulate people.

I'm glad that you're content having a relationship with a God who promotes forgiveness, unconditional love, and life without fear, but at the same time has no problem turning around and tossing you into an eternal inferno if you don't go with the program. For many people, this sounds a bit contradictory.

Why not concern ourselves with our own relationships with a higher power instead of trying to impose our religions on other people? We've got more people preparing for "judgment day" in 2012 than we do those who are informed and trying to save this country.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

That's why they hide their evil plans and agenda, if they flat out say, "follow me and do what i do so you can go to hell", i bet they'd get less listeners or viewers.

WRONG! You'd have just as many people listening. It might only have an impact assuming the listener believed in God and feared eternal hell to start with. I doubt if the world will be entirely populated with people who believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible anytime soon. There are too many contradictory messages in the Bible. If that were not the case, organized religion wouldn't have to work so hard at recruiting.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I thought this was particularly devious:

I went cave exploring one day, and due to my very large fat butt was stuck in a crack. Now this was a hidden cave in which I suspected alien grays were looking for gold in in order to have a bargaining chip with the Niburian giants should they return and threaten to wipe out the greys. I had my flashlight on and focused it on the fat that was trapped in the crack of the cave, and a man in black came in. He said, "FBI what are you doing here this is a restricted area." I replied, "I was just looking around and now I'm stuck." He then said, "If you turn your flashlight on it will get brighter and you can find your way out." I really wanted to shine my light in his face to see if he was an alien, but I was afraid and didn't want him to shoot me for attacking his eyes with light. And I believe him due to his hypnotic voice. So I turned off the light and couldn't see a thing, and I then said, "Hello? Hello hello are you there?" But there was no answer and I was deathly afraid. He had kept me in the dark.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fat_frank

If it kept you in the dark, it was definitely not an alien. Only a human has the cunning and aptitude for that feat.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
people who usually are don't know anything about theology, say organized religion screws everything up, yeah your probably right, but since being a Christian means obedience to Jesus Christ alone, not to any particular instituion, as want organized religion is. When the John the Baptist was locked up in jail, he had faith alone and prayed to God.

Organized religion is based on you needing to perform acts or duties to adavnce or in order to get forgiveness(confession), and since Christ died on the cross for our sins, and rose on the 3rd day, their are other duties you need to perfrom. When people go to Church they go to worship Christ alone, and that's his body.

If you don't believe that's your choice, but usually when people make comments to bash Christianity and make false claims like that, it's because they hardening their heart to the truth, and they'd rather make Christians look like naive helpless people with blind faith which is completly false.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If you don't believe that's your choice, but usually when people make comments to bash Christianity and make false claims like that, it's because they hardening their heart to the truth, and they'd rather make Christians look like naive helpless people with blind faith which is completly false.

>>>>>>

Firstly, the above comment is nothing but presumption and you are incorrect on all counts.

No one said I don't believe in God.

I made no false claims. Show me where this occurred.

It is not my intent to "bash" anyone's religion. However, it is hard for me to understand why people choose to live in fear of a God if he is supposed to be a God who loves us all unconditionally. It never seems to occur to people that man may have had more influence in the Bible's writings than they think.

My heart is not "hardened to the truth," but I certainly do get pissed off when people exhibit religious arrogance and make incorrect assumptions about what they think I believe.

And now, back to topic.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is a court case in Florida that explains (in my opinion) that the News (in Florida) can actually distort the news as they see fit. At least this is my opinion of the actual Judge's opinion of the actual court case. Please feel free to read it and give your opinions. This link worked for me, let me know if it doesn't work for you.

caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

Sorry, I didn't check my spelling.
[edit on 10-2-2010 by UDntNoMe]

[edit on 10-2-2010 by UDntNoMe]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Ok. Haha. Somebody deleted my post. Anyway, the news media has some very bad people in them. The man who owned the biggest business Oklahoman news, was Gaylord. He did everybody dirty. He put another good man out of news business when he used lies and setup liars and situations on him, almost starved him.
Not long after I moved here it didn't take long to figure out that that paper was nothing but propaganda. Hopefully, I thought it might go out of business when he died but it just went to his kids.
Then the people brainwashed into servants keep going after customers. They have even tried to give me the newspaper for FREE! More than once. HA! I told the one, "No Thanks, not in this lifetime!"
They also use the music to brainwash people. For almost two years I worked at the State Capital and everyday listening to the radio on the way to work and after I got there the song "I'll be watching you" would play everyday, two or three times at LEAST! Also dirty stuff happened when they played the song, 'Back in the Saddle'.
My mother told me long ago they were using songs against the people, but I didn't believe it 'til coming here I learned it was true.
We have some very corrupt people here. In papers, in gov. state and federal and lots of private businesses. It's making me heartsick.
How can we stop domestic terrorists? There is plenty of violence going on when it's the passive kind, brainwashing, words, that's psychological torture and the work to turn people into 'conformists'.
Seems to me they have been paying their servants just enough to keep doing their dirty work for them. It's hard on good people to go against the evil ones and stand up and shout the truth.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReaxEntertainment
I've been going on and reading posts on this website for over 2 years.
This post finally gave me that nudge to finally register. I am only 20 but I am QUITE aware of the elites control on the media, and their standpoint on disinfo and misinfo over the mass population. I try and awake my friends and some of them will agree. But MOST of them just sit there quietly and then reply with some biased BS that they call a response.
Thank you SO MUCH for this post and everyone else for their reply's this is a great thread
this website def gives me hope for humanity.
sorry im sort of off topic...

Much respect and positivity,
Reax

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BorrowedTime

I so agree with you that ATS has given me hope. Most people that I know today are living in the lie, and are quite comfortable doing so. It comforts me to know that there IS a growing number of us who are begining to... Awake.... In addition I might add that we are all extremely fortunate at this time to have a forum in which our thoughts and ideas are freely and openly shared with other seekers of the TRUTH.
However, to play the devils advocate, I wish to interject the thought that with the Patriot II Act, and it's open ended, potentially broad scope of perception and interpretation, to include the definition of what is recorded as,
"Home grown terrorism", I fear that it will not be long before the
"Thought Police" bring us all under the microscope, and censor all forums in which
freedom of speech, and individual thinking still prevail.
We all threaten and thwart the efforts of the NWO because we question their "disinformation" tactics, and refuse to be the "SHEEPLE" that are crucial in making their agenda successful.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join