It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Every political candidate gets hates.

Palin gets a lot of hate for one simple reason; she is an idiot. You can't deny this if you listen to the women talk. Jon Stewart puts it best "She is a walking and talking contradiction". She doesn't understand politics. This is so utterly evident to anyone that isn't blind.

She was that preppy class rep in high school that was super popular, and thought that politics was just doing that. Her image is all she has Undo. She has no intelligence regarding politics, regarding policy making...hell she has no grasp over the English language for gods sake. I've talked to Mexicans who can communicate more proficiently and without contradiction compared to Palin, who makes herself look bad.

Lets remember this is a society where just 3 years ago our president was the literal physical embodiment of stupid; Palin now has come around and hey, pundits have a new Bush. Just like with Bush, she makes HERSELF look retarded.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I will take a woman in office anyday

but in this specific case I have to agree that this specific woman isn't ready for such a job

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

i'm afraid you are unaware of the real definition of "retarded" and today, it's considered more polite to refer to people with mental handicaps as the mentally challenged. mental illness is not funny. if you truly think she's that bereft of intelligent thought, perhaps you should rethink how you refer to her since it makes you appear like a guy who pokes the handicap with sticks and laughs when they are unable to defend themselves.

either she's truly that brain damaged or you're exaggerating. if you're exaggerating, using a more appropriate criticism would lend you more credibility. if she's truly that brain damaged, well you know the rest of that thought.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

i'm sure you would. but can you see that happening after the way both hillary and sarah were treated? the only only way that will happen is if the guys at the top, endorse her, personally. then she'll become a media sweetheart and we'll have our first female president. otherwise, notta chance.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by undo]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Oh not at all...racism and sexism is very alive...totally agree with you there

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

regardless of how you personally view sarah's political savvy, the fact remains we've never had a female president, and sarah is just one example in many.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So she can be incredibly *snip* stupid (this is not debatable), possibly mentally unstable if we take certain reports into account, has practically no experience, and the little instance of experience she quit on....

But because she has a vagina like you do we shouldn't discount her???

Mod. Edit: Removed the swearing, and the rude comment directed at a member.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OK. This backhanded insults to other members stuff stops now. Opinions may of course vary where Ms. Palin is concerned.

But you all will behave respectfully towards fellow members.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

i have given you no indication of how i would vote, were sarah to be on the ticket. i've pointed out that i have never voted republican (which should be a big enough clue to assuage your current concerns...apparently not) but this seems to have gone passed your radar without further consideration. you're assuming you know because there's a profile somewhere of why women would vote for palin, and you think by insulting women that you will intimidate them into not voting for sarah. am i right? clearly, you are missing the point.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

i think i'm beginning to understand what you believe is going on. correct me if i'm wrong, but you assume if a woman says, "please refrain from using vulgarities and insults towards women to get your point across," that this somehow means i'm endorsing the candidate who's gender i'm defending?

listen, if i were male, this would not turn out any differently, only that you would not be able to bring my vagina into the conversation.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So because she is a women, you want people to treat her differently, give her "respect", because she has the "potential" (in reality a large lack there of) of being president?

This is what you are essentially arguing. We should not insult Sarah Palin, because she is a women. Why are you sexist against women, believing that women are not on equal grounds of being insulted just like any man can be? If this is an argument over whether or not one should insult at all that is a different case entirely one of which should not include the nature of her gender because when you include the nature of her gender you are putting a sexist twist on the situation.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

healthy criticism is no problem but the trend is not healthy. it's abusive. there's no reason for it. i recall when hillary was running, people started calling her the whore of babylon. that bothered me greatly : 1) because i knew that the whore reference was related to religion not politics and hillary wasn't asking to be nominated as the president of a church, 2) because i knew it wasn't a good representation of her or her foibles, and 3) because i knew it was just as much about party affiliation and her gender, than anything else and felt neither case warranted using profanities or insults related to her sexuality or what have you.

now follow along with me. if the country is ruled by a 2 party system that is actually on the same side and just pretending to be 2 parties, what are the chances either side will have a viable female candidate for president? personally, i think the odds are REALLY BAD, just based on the track record and the way women are referred to in politics. something's up, that much is certain.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I do not think Palin, will ever even get into a position, where she can enjoy the attention of Sexism.

I think she is going to try the same innuendo's or her strategy team will use the same tactics as Obama..

Who knows maybe it will work.. I just do not think she has the Resume' to lead the country. Neither does Obama, for that manner..

Thats healthy critisism.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow, so now it has turned from Sarah Palin to each other?

Surely a lesson of hatred breeding more hatred. Or more importantly, a schism that causes divide. Forget the idea of a perfect candidate. She is the perfect misdirection. The old magician that shows and even flaunts the right hand to the crowd to fixate upon while the left goes about the work of pulling off the trick.

And while we bellow and mew about how horrible of a person she is or is not, do not think for a moment that some very unsavory people are taking notice and careful notes. I asked why the hate? Maybe I should ask why participate in the hate, instead?

I am left to wonder if perhaps the hate has been fed on so much that it has been too palatable for some that they must feast and dine on it like a vampire on blood.

I started this topic as a question that I hoped would be answered with thought and reason. There were some posts that did qualify and were well said, some that were just a repeat of the media, others that went a step beyond...and others attacking other members. Poor form to reduce a person down to just their genitalia. Very poor form indeed. That it was done to a member is deplorable in my book.

Why such hate indeed?

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

And thus your bring a sexist argument into play. I shouldn't need to debunked such hogwash beliefs.

Women and Men are equals. I can call a man a dick; I can call a women a #. Is it proper ETIQUETTE to do either? Absolutely not. Does this change the fact that I can do this? No. Etiquette is one of the least important normative systems out there.

If you think a man can be called a dick, but a women can't be called a #, you're a sexist. It is that simple. You are fundamentally no different than employers who pay women less or judges who destroy a mans hard work because a gold digger wanted a little money before she went away.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

not sure i understood your first sentence but i have to agree that is healthy criticism, particularly in light of some of the alternatives we've seen in the thread, thus far.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I mean in the political game.. Use it to her advantage. etc. etc. Hillary got to play it a little..

Let me be clear, I frown on any form of bigotry. I just do not think racism, and sexism is alive and living well in America.. Looks pretty fair to me, ahem President.. Ahem women ceo's, ahem women sec. of state..

If sexism comes up with palin, its a political stunt..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join