It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Eurisko2012

don't divert his attention.
he has to answer mine first.

hey, aren't you that same guy who pretended he was a palin supporter during the mccain candidacy? nothing better to do today, i take it?

No. wrong guy. I'm on your side.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

how do you know what i'm buying or not buying? you keep making assumptions about me, based on some kind of stereotype, and i don't fit any of them. well, i am middle aged and not looking like a spring chicken any more. that much you managed to get right.
my voting record consists of voting democratic and voting independent.
but that doesn't mean i agree or disagree with sarah. what it does mean though, is you really are doing an injustice to women everywhere to call a successful woman by such a title, especially when so many women today, are no longer finding jobs, even with massive amounts of education.

it just stinks. it's a downer. it's uncouth, uncivilized, and does damage to the female image. i realize you think sarah's the one doing that, but frankly, you can't insist nor assume that women everywhere will have the same viewpoint about life and politics as you do. i don't expect you to have mine either, only that you be civil in your language and treatment of the ladies.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

you do know wolves are an endangered species right? if you kill off one species the eco system will be unbalanced. looks like sarah slept through science class.

The eco system???
Think with me.
Lets say all wolves are killed. Ok, what would happen???
This should be good. I'm listening.

Okay, I can see why some are suspicious of global warming, but please don't tell me you're also skeptical of the way ecosystems and food chains work. If an apex predator were to be killed off, it's prey would eventually overpopulate leading to an over consumption of resources that, if left unchecked, would endanger many other species (plant and animal alike) in said ecosystem.

The removal of top-level predators, often, recently, through human agency, can radically cause (or disrupt) trophic cascades.[10][11] A commonly cited example of apex predators affecting an ecosystem is Yellowstone National Park. After the reintroduction of the gray wolf in 1995, researchers noticed drastic changes occurring in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. Elk, the primary prey of the gray wolf, became less abundant and changed their behavior, freeing riparian zones from constant grazing. The respite allowed willows, aspens, and cottonwoods to grow, creating habitat for beaver, moose, and scores of other species.[12] In addition to the effects on prey species, the gray wolf's presence also affected the park's grizzly bear, a vulnerable species. The bears, emerging from hibernation, chose to scavenge off wolf kills after fasting for months.[13][14] They can also eat wolf kills in autumn to prepare for hibernation.[15] As grizzly bears give birth during hibernation, a greater food supply may improve the mother’s nutrition and increase the number of cubs.[16] Dozens of other species, including eagles, ravens, magpies, coyotes, and black bears, have been documented scavenging from wolf kills.[17] Keystone species, as first defined by Robert Paine for Seastars are apex predators within functional groups.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

how do you know what i'm buying or not buying? you keep making assumptions about me, based on some kind of stereotype, and i don't fit any of them. well, i am middle aged and not looking like a spring chicken any more.

Believe me I know you because you fit the demographic and stereotype of which I speak. You've obviously had to endure the burden of living in a sexist society on these years. You kept leaning left hoping to see woman kind advance and to see the changes in the world that you want in your life. However you became embittered because it's a man's world. Then when you saw the pretty middle-aged idiot who's being pushed like a teen pop star, unconsciously you felt a connection because you saw yourself in Palin's place. So this made you drop every notion of intelligent or critical thinking on the subject. Luckily people like you are a very small demographic of the population.

Listen do you really want to sacrifice the progression and independence of the woman's movement for this dumb whore who wants to put women back in their place? Not to mention she does a horrible job representing women with her laughable job record and the rambling idiocy that comes out of her mouth.

I doubt you'll ever be able to accept any of this as it's hard wired in you to be Pro-Palin. That's why she's gotten picked and why she's being marketed the way she is. However, I hope when Palin finally descends into obscurity that you won't be too hurt and you'll be able to resume a normal life.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

I think we could get along just fine with zero wolves on Earth.
I find it hard to believe the eco system is so fragile.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I heard they have this wolves problem in New Mexico.
Sam Donaldson has a ranch out there.
The SOP out there is shoot, shovel and shut up.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

you sir, have no consideration, whatsoever. you have reduced me into a collection of so many stereotypes (only surpassed by the body part collection you relegated sarah too). all i am is a demographic. a brain dead middle aged female worshipper of palin. and if that doesn't work, a brain dead middle aged ugly embittered feminist. you realize, there's a real person talking to you, not a computerized demographic, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The question is not if I know. The question is if I care.

You yourself admit you fall into those roles and titles. You asked the questions and I answered them. You wanted info and I gave it. Now you're getting defensive because I'm right.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't hate her, I just don't think she would make a good POTUS. There are plenty of qualified, highly intelligent women in the GOP but they aren't even metnioned as possible candidates. The GOP has lost it's collective mind for even thinking that she's a viable candidate for POTUS. Not snowballs chance in hell.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

right about which thing though? that i'm middle aged? that's evident from my earlier comments. that middle aged women had to endure work place problems because of gender, that much is evident from history books. that i'm less than attractive in my advancing years? well how would you look after a coma, breast cancer, chemo, and diabetes? you seem to have a problem making up your mind if the ladies should be attractive or not attractive.

if attractive, you don't like the effect their appearance has on society.

if they're NOT attractive, you don't like the effect their appearance has on society.

so is it safe to assume, that you don't like ladies at all? you might want to examine yourself for a change

[edit on 8-2-2010 by undo]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So it would seem that many feel she would pander to her admirers as the main reason. Well aside from the snide reasons of bimbo, whore, someone better off than themselves...

I got it now, she is hated because she tries to be liked and plays to that attention received from those that like her. So pretty much what an actor does in public or what a politician does while connecting with the voters.

I would think that since she is the most popular outsider in the game right now. And I do not think that anyone can honestly deny that she is popular. That maybe instead of maligning her, they would want to align her.

In other words, connect and try to make her see your view points in the attempt that she may adopt them as well. I mean if she is as brainless and power grabbing as she claimed to be, then soaking up a few more supporters while compromising a few viewpoints just might happen.

I don't think that there are many on ATS or the population as a whole that think that the system is working as is. Well except for those with the most to lose if things were to change dramatically. Yes many of her talking points are Reagan-esqe. But Reagan was also a grandfatherly figure to minds of most of America (see 1984 election results). But Reagan did make some concessions along the way.

But regardless of her ability to either win anything or ability to lead anything, what I do not get is that for one person to be the focus for so much hatred. And for such independent free thinkers to mimic the same words and rationale nation blowhards is astounding.

No, I don't think that Palin needs or even particularly cares about my dumbfounded exasperation on the subject. But I wonder just how many would keep the same speech were she ever to become a known member of ATS? John Leer took quite a few slings and arrows. I personally thought a good many of the things her presented were bunk and said so. But I never belittled the man and did in fact say I would love for the two of us to have a few cups of coffee and swap stories.

To me, the difference is respecting the person as an individual while not agreeing with them. Something quite a few on ATS strive to be known to do. Sadly we as a membership do have our bad moments. I guess Palin will simply have to be one of those for many. Although I fail to understand why people would want her to be their personal failing point.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I guess it's no use reasoning with someone who chooses to ignore the facts. You're no better than the hypocritical liberals you so vehemently rally against.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

i believe i know what it is. but it's not a good thing, requires too much theory, and would effectively take the thread totally off topic, much like the current example. for which i apologize.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
God help America if Palin becomes Prez.

I would say people hate because she's dishonest, a right wing redneck and a religious zealot.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

As much as my mind wanders upon different thoughts during a day, I do not think there is such a things as completely off topic while in a discussion.

I could take a guess at what you might be saying here, insomuch the fact that hate of Palin has very little to do with Palin. Just a directed hate towards her for hate's sake....or something along those lines with pages of detail to express the exact nature covering all the forms from which they are manifested and directed.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

i see it as a global phenomenon that stems from something other than what palin is or says or does. the same thing has happened to every potential female candidate in the US. maybe phenomenon is not the right word. the push, world wide, appears to be to re-establish a woman's place. palin desenters feel she would add to that problem because she's a "pretty bimbo", whereas hillary was an "ugly bimbo" and in both cases, they were called sexually immoral ladies of the night. that type of language is geared for a particular mindset.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo

I guess it's no use reasoning with someone who chooses to ignore the facts. You're no better than the hypocritical liberals you so vehemently rally against.

I care more about cattle than i do about wolves.
I'm with the ranchers.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It blows my mind that anyone can seriously think Palin has value to add or should be taken seriously. It's difficult to even respond to someone asking why *not* take her seriously. It all seems so obvious.

It's like asking why fake wrestling shouldn't be taken seriously... or why an infomercial shouldn't be taken seriously. It's like FOX News created a person they could completely mold into the candidate they would want. It's as if Neocons constructed what they thought might be the perfect candidate for what they think the people might go for. And she's oblivious to all of it, with nothing but dollar signs, power trips, and ego sparkling in her eyes.

And the Republicans can say... look at how everyone talks about her, on both Left and Right she creates attention. But the thing is... if Republicans said they wanted a woodchuck to be their candidate, people would be just as awe-struck... because it's not by brilliance... but more by... "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

And then... we watch as republicans get so excited by her and it's like the Emperor's new clothes... and then the laughter at Palin turns to fear as we envision how bad this could all go.

She seriously would be the Neocon puppet of all puppets.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Do I Like Sarah Palin? Don't know enough about her to say.

Would I kick her out of bed? Look at her, would you?

Do I trust her? No. Why? She's a politician. [and I use that term loosely]

I Look in her eyes when she's on T.V. and I see nothing. There's nothing there. It gives a whole new meaning to the term " dumb blank stare"

I listen to her but I hear nothing intelligent.

Do I like Obama? Yes. He still seems to me to be wanting to do the right thing. Will he succeed? No. Why? He's surrounded by politicians.

Bottom line? People don't like her because she's dumb and don't trust her because she's a politician.

The only thing working for her is her looks and even that's temporary.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I for one do not "hate" her. She just drives me up a wall. IMHO she is not qualified to run for office. She is not presidential material. A President does not really have to be that smart, case in point; George Bush. For him, it was all about WHO he knew, which does matter too. Yeah I guess now that I think about it, if GWB can do it, anybody can. But Palin, she just does not sound very intelligent, kind of sounds like a country bumpkin. It's not to say she didn't ace her S.A.T.'s, but I would not really want to be her friend, i don’t wanna hang out with her. As I recall over the years, I did at one point early in the game when they were just running or just won, I did want to hang with WJC Bill Clinton seemed funny and cool. Bush, he just didn’t give a "uknwowhat", but still wanted to have a beer with the guy and shoot the breeze. Same with Obama when he was running and the first few months of his office, but now... not so much.

I think this country has some REAL PROBLEMS and we need some REAL people, some really smart and talented people and HONEST people that can represent us properly and do the good work that needs to be done. I do not think Mrs. Palin is the right one for that job. But really that "job" the POTUS, does it really mean anything anymore? Isn't he just a puppet for the people that really run the show? I wonder who "those" people are. Who knows maybe Palin would be good for those that run the show.

But again to be specific to your OP, she just gives me the willy's. I don't like the way she talks, sounds, looks, and acts. Rubs me the wrong way. Different frequency I guess.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by Illuminated_1]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Torgo

I care more about cattle than i do about wolves.
I'm with the ranchers.

Once again, the wolves she wanted killed were not harming livestock. You really don't read others posts, so much as you skim for buzz words then spew out neoconservative rhetoric.

I have no problem with farmers protecting their cattle, I have no problem with hunting, but I do have a problem with people lobbying for the whole sale slaughter of another species just so they can bring a few more tourist dollars into their state.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Torgo]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join