It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i didnt say keep our opinions to ourselves i said keep all the stupid stuff to ourselves along with our beliefs

meaning keep the bible to yourself only talk about it with people who wanna hear about it dont ry and push it off on people! if you dont believe in it keep that to yourself only to other people that want to hear about what you got to say...that way everyone can get along when you got a bible thumper and someone who dont believe in it together if all they wann atalk about is what they believe they will never get along if they keep it to thereself and talk about other things they could get along!

people need to learn to accept all aspect of life and people because that is what the world is made of!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

agreed, in an ideal world, that is how it would be, but the world has to be ideal first and that ain't gonna happen. firstly because this law of retribution thing and concepts like "sins of the father", prior "mistakes" we've personally made, have no flippin end in sight. it just goes on and on and on and every generation makes the same choices concerning it, over and over and over (did i mention "over"?) again.

secondly because like it or not, laws are created based on perspective and opinion. even if only one person is dictating to everyone else, it's still perspective and opinion. you'd have to do away with law as well because it would be constantly reminding you of other people's perspective and opinion that you may or may not, disagree with at any given point. that's why we all settled on the idea that politically, we aren't going to agree with each other on every point. new generation comes along, and thinks they'll build utopia on the dead bodies of those who they disagree with that came before them and history repeats itself.

thirdly, because of 1 and 2, utopia is literally and in all other ways, unachievable. it's the law of averages and revenge. it just never ends.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
new generation comes along, and thinks they'll build utopia on the dead bodies of those who they disagree with that came before them and history repeats itself.

thirdly, because of 1 and 2, utopia is literally and in all other ways, unachievable. it's the law of averages and revenge. it just never ends.

Revolutions are built on the backs of the youth. They more easily buy the BS utopia argument.

For all you folks that keep putting your fingers in your ears and shout " la la la la she's stupid la la la" I just have to say keep on believing it. You have your heads in the sand. Let me give you a little perspective on history and historically what is said about the republican VS democrat candidates. Someone else may have a more deeply and farther reaching list but this is off the top of my head.

1) Reagan vs Carter - Reagan=Supid Carter=Smart
2) Reagan vs Mondale - Reagan=Stupid Mondale and Ferraro=Smart
3) Bush vs Dukakis - Bush=Untrustworthy wimp but what a stupid VP. Dukakis=Nerdy but smart.
4) Bush vs Clinton - Bush=Stupid for lying about taxes Clinton=Smart, Rhodes Scholar, Smart wife, Its the economy stupid!
5) Clinton vs Dole - Clinton scary smart. Dole=Stupid bumbling old fool.
6) Bush vs Gore - Bush=Stupid frat boy. Gore=Champion of all things smart. Even invented the internet.
7) Bush vs Kerry - Bush=Stupid frat boy. Kerry=Whatever, I just dont
remember much about this clown. Actually he was kind of an idiot too.
8) Obama vs McCain - Obama=Messiah. McCain=Bumbling old fool stuck in an outdated ideology. Besides, his running mate is a stupid hick from Alaska.

So there you have it. The stupid moniker is a powerful weapon that has been used by the left for quite some time now. Probably even further back than what I have here. Anyone care to look a Little further back? I'm sure there are more examples to back this up.

What I'm getting at is stop being a victim of your conditioning. I'm neither R or D but I just get sick of seeing people fall for this crap. She's obviously not stupid just as the rest were not stupid but if media titans like John Stewart or Stephen Colbert say it then it must be true right?

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

OMG You really made me laugh!

They get a little touchy when you don't agree with them.

They're also getting a little personal and paranoid, but
that's the Palin way, isn't it.

I know crazy, and that woman is crazy as a bedbug, and
her followers are all big liars.

These are the same people who urged us all to respect
our President during the Bush years--you know, the two
terms that Bush and his boys looted the treasury.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

I'm so sorry, and I know the Palinites here will be angry with me,

but, out of all the politicians I have ever seen present themselves

(except for Dumya) that Palin is as Dumb as Dirt!

Sorry, but that's my opinion.

And, please stop comparing her to Obama--he is brilliant--she is dull
very dull. And she can't handle public office.

And, very importantly, she has never been POTUS, and she never
will be. That's just the way it is.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Well that is the media manipulation to the equation. However, most ATS members are smart enough not to buy into that (or at least claim to be). But yet here with Palin (and Obama to a degree) they seem to fall right into step with the portrayals.

That leads me to believe that there is something more at play here. Perhaps standard political ideological divisions (the old left-right paradigm) but quite a number claim not to fall for that either.

I would be tempted to believe that Palin represents the "know your place-barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" type of old viewpoint of women due to her numerous children and beauty pageant background. Yet being a mayor, governor, VP candidate and now news commentator really defies that old stereotype.

She doesn't really represent the more modern "hitting the glass ceiling, career before family" stereotype either. So is it that she is a successful modern woman that is both happy with herself, family and career that sets people off? No one seems to be saying that it is jealousy that causes their dislike.

Maybe it is because she is a little ditzy but not blonde (to hit on another stereotype)? Perhaps it is because she is so different and such an outsider that the old "hate the people in the next cave." has come into play in this case?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CSIfan

would be a little hard to do since i didn't vote for bush.
so now what's the story?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by CSIfan

so now what's the story?

Well, since his post was not even directed at you, then your off topic posting has nothing to do with it. Are you able to argue your side of this conversation - or are you out of idea's and resorting to ignorant attacks of desperation?

I agree that the world is not split into "democrat vs republican"

But it takes an entirely different breed of individual to actually stand up for Sarah Palin.

No matter what one's reasons are for liking Sarah Palin - .....they're wrong... there are just no words to describe how mind-numb they truly are.

It's like sticking up for Charles Manson, since Palin is to rational thought and progressive action as Charles Manson was to innocent people still breathing.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by CSIfan

so now what's the story?

LOL!!!! Hell fire and brimstone!! Liars go to the eternal time out with your privates on fire place you know!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

It's like sticking up for Charles Manson, since Palin is to rational thought and progressive action as Charles Manson was to innocent people still breathing.

So Sarah Palin has other people prey on rational thought and stop progressive action? And here I thought you implied that she has no leadership potential.

Funny thing about rational thought is that the thought can be rational but the completely wrong answer: See bailouts, see invasion of Iraq.

And as far as killing/stopping progressive action. I would love to see this country stop the progressive income tax and return to duties on imports and a tax on business profits as the means of funding the nation and letting the worker keep his pay unmolested by a failed mafia style protection racket: See 9/11.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

So Sarah Palin has other people prey on rational thought and stop progressive action?

Yes. They call themselves the radical right-wingers. You can see them daily on the Faux News channel.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Except for the fact that Manson recruited his followers personally. Palin's fans just follow like she is a celebrity. Just a slight difference. That and even the Republicans in Congress do not particularly want her in office, kind of kills the analogy.

Best advice would be to ignore her and she would eventually go away. But I guess without an enemy to distract focus, too many would start looking at what exactly is being done with the people actually in power.

So maybe Palin is more like Osama in relation to the War on Terror. The boogeyman for frightened to keep them in line with the game plan?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Except for the fact that Manson recruited his followers personally. Palin's fans just follow like she is a celebrity. Just a slight difference.

Curious...i've always thought they followed because they were told they were supposed to.

Otherwise, why would we have clips like this:

Reporter: "Did you know Sarah Palin supported the bailout?"

Idiot supporter: "Uhh, where did you hear that?"

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I like that clip a lot actually. Re-watch it and notice how the reporter finishes her closing statement as she had scripted it before the interview with the teenaged girl, who seemed very organized and solid in her thoughts despite the trick of the media of trying interview a teenager. Even the report slips on her words at the end just as she begins her scripted closing.

Whether you believe the teenager was right or wrong in what she said, I think she did far better without a script and teleprompter than this fellow did.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I did not take the liberty to read 20 pages of a thread about Palin, but I hope everybody realizes that Palin is just a pawn in a very big game.

Let's face the facts, if you buy into loving or hating Palin, you are being manipulated. You ought to be indifferent to her if you were smart. Palin is nothing more than a talking head to evoke an emotional response (which is typically irrational) to problems/issues which require rational thought to solve.

Why would somebody want the majority of Americans to feel highly emotional about issues that require level-headed thought to comprehend? To confuse us. To obfuscate what is happening. To hide the irrational policies within a jungle of irrational rhetoric.

Palin is simply a pawn. She holds no real value. I even tried to give her a chance by reading some of her interviews and speeches - the woman has nothing to say but to repeat fringe talking points. She brings nothing new or novel to a debate, and does not propose one thing that can help the current state of affairs.

There are people like Palin on both sides of the political spectrum.

I prefer devote my mental energy to listening to people that wish to talk about what can be done to improve a #ty situation - not to people who want to play the blame game and take sides all day. The minute I hear a Democrat start talking about "conservatives this and conservatives that" I tune out. The same applies when I hear a Republican talk about "liberals this and liberals that". It is just juvenile name calling and does not accomplish a damn thing.

Divide and conquer, bitches. We are certainly divided - and I'd say about 80% conquered now too barring a miracle. Enjoy hell, America - we get what we deserve, and acting like playground bullies with an obscene sense of entitlement on the global stage is going to get us a healthy helping of humble pie. Game over.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

not lying. i just don't approve of people calling her a whore and slutty, just because they don't agree with her politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

i have already started formulating an elaborate theory about her. it's disturbing, but from where i'm sitting, it almost looks like they're testing the waters to see just how thoroughly they have done their job of convincing people that christians are horrid people. it also seems as if they want to see if normally cordial men will become vehemently degrading to an otherwise, attractive mom figure. it's got alot of social implications that i find disturbing

[edit on 14-2-2010 by undo]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by nydsdan

i have already started formulating an elaborate theory about her. it's disturbing, but from where i'm sitting, it almost looks like they're testing the waters to see just how thoroughly they have done their job of convincing people that christians are horrid people. it also seems as if they want to see if normally cordial men will become vehemently degrading to an otherwise, attractive mom figure. it's got alot of social implications that i find disturbing

Christians are not horrid. Just weak minded. Palin exemplifies this. She talks smack about people using a teleprompter while she has notes written on her hand like a 5th grader. And they weren't even big words or complicated thoughts.

Maybe that witchcraft protection spell they put on her t her church wore off and she's not really dumb... she's just being hexed by some kid with a Harry Potter book, lol

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Define weak-minded, if you'd be so kind.
This should prove interesting.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

see now there's another example where the name calling schtick is just not appropriate. the title of the video is offensive. it's not necessary to call him an idiot. he's not stupid at all. the guy is clearly tired. he has a hard job. i wouldn't want that job.

doesn't make sense to me that people feel compelled to call an opposing viewpoint, the beliefs of an idiot or the beliefs of a dimwit or, even worse, the beliefs of a whore, or a slutty sterwardess. these are clearly not accurate nor meaningful or even helpful bits of data. all they do is spread negativity around.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join