It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters re-run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I was watching the UFO Hunters re-run about Roswell this afternoon and about choked when they found this mystery substance (well, actually it was found by someone else at the site of the second crash). The thing they found was a strangely shaped light weight clump of plastic looking stuff. In the following segments of the show, they took this to a lab and had it analyzed. The results: It was HDPE (High Density Poly Ethelene...Tupperware).

I about choked because I have several clumps of this same stuff that I found in Colorado in the desert areas around Pueblo. If it is polyethylene, then there is a fungus like plant making Tupperware. This stuff is the remains of a strange fungus like plant that creates a large pod (about 8 to 10 inches in diameter and about 14 inches high). This pod apparently breaks open, at least that is my guess, as the broken pod is what I found. I still have the pieces, and, it is just as they described and looks just like what they had. It is remarkable stuff, very pliable and has many layers or folds with air-gaps and bubble like spaces. It's very tuff to tear or burn.

I have tried to find out what kind of plant or fungus it is, but to no avail. Maybe someone here knows. At any rate, it has nothing to do with UFO's.

The show UFO Hunters was about as bad as UFO magazine. I had subscribed to the magazine but let my subscription lapse. I know UFO's exist, I have seen 2 of them, but I just can't swallow all the far out "fringe" silliness in that magazine and on that show.

Why can't we get some truly serious investigative programs on this subject? The only credible show I have seen about UFO's was UFO over Illinois, about the large triangle craft seen there, but shows like that are few and far between.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

I am with you friend, alot of the "Photos" that are published as real are corny looking and I believe that is for a reason "to make the ones that cant be explained look just as corny" disenfranchise all and they will look like fools.

THe one show that sticks in my mind is with Dan Aykroyd to me he brings alot home in show.
video.google.com...#

[edit on 7-2-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Strange. But has anybody else noticed that UFO hunters and all these other paronormal shows allways end without any conclusions?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am very disapointed with "UFO Hunters".
Just like you have pointed out, they always go off on stupid tangents and try to substaintiate irrelevant findings with totally worthless analysis.

I think they are history anyway, but as far as I am concerned, they did more damage to the UFO investigations than anything else.

Bad direction, bad picks of subjects, witnesses, evidence and botched, non-scientific alchemy in place of what a scientist would expect from such a program.

Good Riddance.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Thanks for the link to the Dan Akroyd video. I did find that interesting. He seems to be level headed about it and not too "fringey" about it either. Nick Cook did a special that was pretty good and pointed out a lot of connections between the US government/military and the captured Nazi technologies.
I guess, for those of us who have really seen something extraordinary, the answers will never come. But, I remain hopeful and watch everything I can to glean as much reasonable info as I can.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopup Dave
.I about choked because I have several clumps of this same stuff that I found in Colorado in the desert areas around Pueblo. If it is polyethylene, then there is a fungus like plant making Tupperware. This stuff is the remains of a strange fungus like plant that creates a large pod .....

Originally posted by Hopup Dave..... but I just can't swallow all the far out "fringe" silliness in that magazine and on that show.

All-righty then, for some reason these two quotes in the same post just had to make me laugh, or choke, but not swallow.....

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I agree with you, and I do think they have been canceled. I had high hopes when they first started. But, like all the other "paranormal" shows, there is never a breakthrough, nothing new to see or report..."yawn"! Maybe these shows do add a few people to the list of "questioners", but they sure add a lot of skeptics to the mix because of the poor quality of programming.

Now there is another new one called "Mystery Quest". Don't look for anything here either!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

It's good to see that I got my point across! This stuff is not easily digested so I guess I'll pass it!

How's that?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I got that episode playing on cable right now but I'm gonna turn it off and watch the Dan Akroyd doc -- thanks. Yeah they just discovered the "organic" form at the 2nd crash site. haha. Birnes IS an alien. that's the secret to UFO Hunters. He's hiding in plain sight.

i]reply to post by Hopup Dave

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopup Dave
I was watching the UFO Hunters re-run about Roswell this afternoon and about choked when they found this mystery substance (well, actually it was found by someone else at the site of the second crash). The thing they found was a strangely shaped light weight clump of plastic looking stuff. In the following segments of the show, they took this to a lab and had it analyzed. The results: It was HDPE (High Density Poly Ethelene...Tupperware).

I about choked because I have several clumps of this same stuff that I found in Colorado in the desert areas around Pueblo. If it is polyethylene, then there is a fungus like plant making Tupperware. This stuff is the remains of a strange fungus like plant that creates a large pod (about 8 to 10 inches in diameter and about 14 inches high).

I can't comment on what you found, but I saw that UFO Hunters episode and I have no reason to believe there is any fungus like plant involved, though I agree it's probably not related to any UFO though it could have been thrown out of a plane like the dummies were. It just looked like a piece of plastic something or other that had been melted and distorted by the desert heat or some other heat source. The distortion was so bad I couldn't tell what it originally was but I'm guessing it came from a factory and not from a plant.

I was a little disappointed with the show too but I liked Ted Ackworth, he seemed to be a straight shooter but he could have done a better job in reigning in some of the tangents the show went on.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I understand your skepticism about the stuff I have being the same, but, believe me, it is identical. They showed close ups of the material and mine is exactly the same in color, and with the same folded layer appearance as well as the same smoothness and flexibility. I have no idea what kind of organism (plant or fungus), but I saw it in the wild. It is very weird stuff. I grew up in Colorado and would find these every once in while. It is almost indestructible and looks and feels like a soft plastic. At this point, I am almost convinced that it is unclassified as I have not been able to find anything in any text books or even on the internet that comes close to resembling it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

No I'm not skeptical of your sample being the same, it's the idea that a plant has anything to do with either one that I'm skeptical about. I've worked with HDPE for years, that thing could even be a melted children's toy, HDPE is used for those and many other applications. And if it's a melted toy, it came from a factory that processes HDPE, not a plant.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well, I'm sure mine came from and organic source and it sure is similar in all aspects to the one shown on the show. Now, I would say that I am more skeptical about the lab test saying it's HDPE - even though the physical properties give it that appearance. I am so sure about the source of mine because I saw it in the wild as it grows on several occasions and I agree that HDPE is unlikely...but, if the lab test was accurate, then this organism would merit close scientific scrutiny, I think. Is HDPE a petroleum based material? What would it mean to find it as a naturally occurring substance?

top topics

join