It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have YOU Been PROGRAMMED?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
And to call me narrow-minded before having learned anything about me shows how quick you are to judge and put yourself in a place where calling you hypocritical is not a difficult thing to do. It's not a word reserved just for those who claim to be "religious" you know.

How am I ignorant of those miracles? Would you like to inform me? What have I said or not said that shows me to be naive. I do not think you have any grounds for your rude comments, but if you in fact do, I want to hear them so can correct myself.

You can have your opinion. I'm just saying it's wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Because it doesn't really matter what you say. In the end, such a person is only going to debate their own assumptions about you. You can say whatever you want, but he is only going to see what he wants, and will only see/allow for points of views that match those assumptions.

Proverbs 9

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

How is believing the science that the government and educational system spoon feeds you any different from the message brought by a minister? Because it is backed up by facts? So is much of the history recorded in the Bible. In fact, Much of the Bible can be proven, the only parts really left up for debate are the miracles that science can't prove, but they can't disprove either. Other than that it's the creation and flood accounts which have been interpreted in different ways anyway)

To re-quote your reply. Your ignorance occur through the following: You state,

How is believing the science that the government and educational system spoon feeds you any different from the message brought by a minister? Because it is backed up by facts?

To summarize, you claim scientific achievement is supported by factual evidence, you are correct thus far.

So is much of the history recorded in the Bible. In fact, Much of the Bible can be proven,

To some extent you are correct, in stating some events can be proven or at least, speculated upon (From the Bible.)

the only parts really left up for debate are the miracles that science can't prove, but they can't disprove either.

Here is your ignorance. You claim science can't prove or disprove the "miracles" from the Bible. Who even mentioned the "miracles" from the Bible from the start? We are arguing above and beyond these anomalies. You are completely ignorant of the specific topic of this thread, you missed the train. Possibly because you did not read any of the other posts but the OP like you stated, then got upset because I accused you of being narrow minded.

What If I imposed a creation story; a Twelve Story Duck gave birth to the Earth by waddling his ass and then a blue beam shot out from it and created Man. Well, science cannot disprove or prove this premise of my story so therefore it must be true? Only a fool would believe such nonsense. But, you argue under these premise.

To reiterate - your ignorance stem from your complete disassociation from the topic itself. I am arguing the Bible is a fictional book used to Program a species through dogmatism. The species is driven to the Religion for answers, through fear. As I have said before, belief is merely fear veiled within. This specifically is the fear of the inability to exist beyond this world.

"Deny Ignorance"

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Paradox.]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I assumed that replying to the OP would be on topic. Guess not. Didn't know having one view and disregarding the others (even though I am aware of them) was considered being narrow-minded. I guess I don't mind that so much, because being narrow-minded is a good thing if you are right. You won't see me on this thread anymore. Too much static in the programming...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradox.

I'm still waiting for a reply.

If you do got something changing my mind. Please ?

If you don't. Please ? Denial or shame are of no importance to me. Certainly for something you do not have.( just what crossed my mind. Nothing more. )

It looks like testosterone rising is blinding to see others reply.
But... I could be wrong again

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

There is no sure shot way to know what death has in store for an individual. If you ask me what has happened to those ancient civilizations whom have passed on, I believe they really haven't. But it's not a concept so easy to understand. We have to remember that our bodies are made of trillions of particles. And on the scale from macro to micro, these systems have less and less a "humanly" way of expressing themselves(individually). The more "macro" you go, the better a system can express itself as an individual, with virtually no complexity. The more "micro" you go, the less a system may express itself as an individual without the help of more individuals to do so, but it will be exponentially more complex. (Quantum realm and below). See what I am proposing is this: This universe is a system, and the compression(destruction) And decompression(renewal and creation) of life is part of the process. When we die, the systems on a micro scale which make up our human body don't "die," The electron has an undying spin. Certain traits found in the individual (on a very, very micro level) Will be passed on to other systems. But the human ego will never accept such a theory in our lifetime, or truth perhaps. This is because of self importance. We refer to ourselves as sentient beings, capable of making decisions for ourselves - Maybe, that is incorrect. As long as our understanding of the world in general will remain primitive, and our spiritual outlooks as well - We will never be able to totally accept a more logical explanation of death. We have our mind set on staying "insert your name here" Forever.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thank you.

I'm fully with you on this one

IMO there is much more to life then we are aware of. I experienced some things and not only on my own but also with others around.

I'm 100 % sure there is a entire world out there, we are blinded for it to be seen.
If it has anything to do with what happens after death. I don't know.

Just like the system you talk about of life from micro to macro. Is it all just all based on coincidence and chance ?
I believe there is a force behind it.
Does it have a life after death possibility in it for us ? Still I don't know.

I just know a time will come when religions wil be debunked and science
Will be false. It's already happening. As you already mentioned.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I just know a time will come when religions wil be debunked and science will be false. It's already happening.

Could not agree more. We are so young of a race but consider ourselves so advanced. We are a blink of the eye in terms of nature.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

The answer to fear is knowledge, not mysticism.
Whilst I couldn't agree more with much of what you say, one thing really got to me. It was your tendency to liken religion to mysticism and spirituality. Tutt tutt...you claim knowledge is the answer...and I agree, but each of us possess within us, THE truth of all truths...any question you could ever ask can be answered by looking within, and this is the core of mysticism and spirituality...it has nothing to do with the ill conceived views expressed in religious teachings...there is a mighty big difference between religion and spiritualism/mysticism...you can't just blend them together in the same mix...the difference is essentially this:

Religion - People who follow religion believe they have already found the answers, and therefore no longer need to seek truth, because they already have all the answers, and it turns out those answers are quite comforting, so they rarely bother to question these so called "answers" they claim to posses and preach.

Spirituality/Mysticism - A true spiritualist or mystic isn't really following or studying certain teachings, they are independently seeking truth from within and through personal experience in order to develop a set of greater truths which form who they are and how they view reality.

I probably wouldn't consider Buddhism a religion. If you actually read Buddhist teachings, it's highly philosophical, it's the opposite of what you would normally see in standard religious teachings, such as good, evil, punishment, reward...basically the normal concoction required to PROGRAM people...instead, it promotes keeping an open mind, and teaches balance and karma...it teaches that inner reflection and truth seeking (i.e meditation) can greatly benefit a person and open them up to the true nature of reality, and strip them of this materialistic perception most people posses...

Psychonauts also understand the importance of understanding ones self, and looking for answers from within. Their main goal is to explore the inner workings of the mind and consciousness using an array of techniques such as lucid dreaming, technologies such as brainwave entrainment, psychedelic drugs, entheogens, tantra, and sensory deprivation. By inducing altered states of consciousness, a psychonaut is able to address spiritual questions through direct experience. I believe alternate states of consciousness, allow us to explore aspects of reality and mind which aren't accessible, or extremely hard to access whilst in a "normal" state...for instance...I believe parts of the subconscious mind can be accessed whilst in alternate states of consciousness...and this can lead to an array of advanced cognitive functioning and insight into the structure of reality and the mind...

Very nice. I highly recommend Ayahuasca if you haven't already partaken.

Of course Magic Mushrooms and Peyote which are more readily available in the US are viable options; just not as powerful.

Sure you knew that too...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I look at the vastness of space and think 2 things:

1. wow, glad the atoms that make up me and my important friends are us and not a stupid moon somewhere. how precious and rare humanity is.

2. praise god

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join