It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are born pure and innocent, at what point does evil enter?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

yes exactly that sense of pleasure you mention is the sense of living that lies assertions for existing sense within themselves sense to move for and act as evil living

assertions of lies can give the person conscious a sense of existing but it would lack the sense of living move, because it would lack the sense of freedom end
but when it sees another expressions of moves by itself without means ends, it get the sense of living move true and enjoy being its end as getting to replace freedom place to sense living of that poor abused in reverse

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Have you ever owned a cat ? If so, have you ever watched it "catch" a mouse ? Have you watched how the mouse suffers before it dies? Cats seem to take pleasure in "catching" mice and making them suffer, so I suppose, by your definition, cats are evil?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by polychronopolis

cats are not conscious but sure they are conditionned by evil livings creators, humans cannot take cats as excuses to justify their acts

expressions of humans is always of abstractions skills so they are fully responsable of what actions they do or what realisations they mean in puting others down, it is not important who is down to think about the fact why it is put down, you cant compare two facts existing or livings in one, each fact is to be seen alone itself existing abstraction and living move

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by polychronopolis

Have you ever owned a cat ? If so, have you ever watched it "catch" a mouse ? Have you watched how the mouse suffers before it dies? Cats seem to take pleasure in "catching" mice and making them suffer, so I suppose, by your definition, cats are evil?

The problem with your question is one of anthropomorphism. You assume that a non-human creature like a cat is capable of human emotions. That's a fallacy...we are all guilty of it because being human is the only frame of reference any of us have. Cats think like cats, humans think like humans.

So to answer your question....for the most part, and this includes cats, I don't think animals are capable of that kind of behavior, no.

In fact, this is a really good illustration of my previous point. Animals are incapable of 'evil'...they live by instinct and desire and they just do what they do.

A shark isn't evil when it attacks a seal or a surfer, it's just being a shark.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Oh well...it was worth a try...I thought that you guys would like the cat analogy...but since you argue that cats "aren't conscious", I'm done with this string.

I guess that you don't believe that humans are animals, just like cats. No more and no less. I believe that everything has a soul as well as free will.

I tried to convince you but I failed...I guess that means you win. Shame on me !!!

We'll never see eye-to-eye, so let's agree to disagree...sorry friend...I gotta move on.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by polychronopolis]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Most of us who are not defective have a great deal of compassion. When we see another creature, whether a stalk of corn or a furry kitten or someone who works where we do, we are filled with good feelings and hopes for this person: we understand that life for them as for all of us is a struggle, and we admire their strengths and adaptations, and we wish them the best for the future. This compassion is an excellent and sustaining thing, but much as all medicines are poisonous in the wrong doses, it can go too far. To love our fellow creatures (and plants) is a wonderful thing, but it paralyzes us when we are unwilling to act in a way that will disappoint or terminate them, even if that action would have made the world better. We must have universal compassion and do first what is right for the betterment of order on earth and in the heavens, and only secondarily let our compassion guide us to treat all individual life forms well, because from a distance, our universe itself is a life-form deserving compassion before any of its components.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

i dont agree, you dont know truth from being true like i do, truth is really perfect, you have just to be true to see how all is perfect in its right place for the best of all and whole

those are false arguments of powerful evil creators meaning to abuse a lot of living rights for always being lies creations sources so never willing to realize true moves

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We are born evil or corrupt, if this wasn't true, then there would be no reason to be taught how to act in society. We are born greedy, selfish, self centered. We are born animals and must be taught how to play nice with others and how to share. Look at all the media aimed at kids, Sesame Street, Barney, Dora the Explorer, they all teach morals, yet even tho most kids watch these shows, its difficult to see the positive effects, we will not conform or we will not play nice until rewards and punishment comes into play. We are forced to act in a way that is unnatural to us as a species.

We wish to take what we want, but the fear of the law or consequences stops us.[for the most part]

We don't want to share, but we are taught that we must and this helps us built interpersonal relationships and to get along as a group.

We are all self centered, its all about me right?

As Q states we are a childlike savage race, all u have to do is watch the news to see how evil we are, including the religious the godless and the others.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

your despise for humans truth is to what you are not a human and nor of course an animal, from what you are evil living from gods existance life as powerful creators you moved from understanding creations being based on lies assertions powers loving manipulating and creating lies lives of fake existing bodies ablilities and minds

a sane observation to reality of livings, would point out lot of people like you that might been before animals also aware of gods powers lies creations to move for lies pretenses with joys and pleasures in that interactive life supported reality

but the majority of humans are not like you because they are true humans as they were true awareness silent there in animals bodies if it happened, so nothing them, and now that they have a space freedom with the brain existance abstractions of perspectives faculty realisations, they are surely more present then before, i can witness that for myself so i can say it being true for all

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join